What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Common Sense changes....that will NEVER Happen. (1 Viewer)

Opie

Footballguy
Over the years, many ideas have been tossed around that could help the United States but, due to politics, they will never be implemented.

For example:

The Fair Tax:  Federal taxes are no longer based on income, rather, based on how much you spend.

Telecommute for Congress & Senate:  In this age of technology, why do representatives have to live in DC?  Convening sessions via secure telecommunications would save millions and keep Representatives in their home state.

Term Limits:  The Founding Fathers had no intention of anyone making a career out of "serving a term"

Life Long Pensions:  There is no reason at all that any Representative of any kind should be paid for the rest of their lives simply by setting foot in DC.

These are just a few off the top of my head.

Can you think of any "common sense" plans that will never be implemented because of politicians?

Why does the letter U always follow Q in the English language.  It's totally redundant.  If we just used Q's it would spare millions of U's every year.

board the back of the plane first so the d-bags don't block the aisle trying to put their way too big carry on in the overhead compartment

Elimination of philips head screws.  (Don't even get me started on slotted screws).  Everything should go to Torx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tax churches. 

Eliminate death taxes. 
Death taxes hardly has impact on a federal level, it is the states that do it. 

For the 2015 tax year, the estate tax exemption is $5.43 million. It increases to $5.45 million for 2016. ATRA also increased the tax rate on estates in excess of the exemption amount from 35% to 40%. The estate tax law, however, does offer permanent portability between spouses.

I like to think mary jane is on her way. We just need that old turd Sheldon Addelson to die and maybe online poker can come back but make no mistake, he must die first.
:yes:

That turd is definitely the biggest roadblock to online poker.

board the back of the plane first so the d-bags don't block the aisle trying to put their way too big carry on in the overhead compartment
I've never understood wanting to sit on the plane any longer than usual anyway. I have diamond status, but I'm comfy in the concourse. Why do I want to cram into a seat for 30 mins with everyone's suitcase hitting me on the way back?

We will celebrate his death on here someday.
And Trump, amirite?

“Did you read that this morning in your good paper?” Trump asked the audience. “Good paper, owned by a great guy — Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon Adelson.”

Term Limits:  The Founding Fathers had no intention of anyone making a career out of "serving a term"
Meh.  I don't like the idea of limiting the people's choice.  If the constituents of a state/district want to elect the same person over and over that's their business.

Over the years, many ideas have been tossed around that could help the United States but, due to politics, they will never be implemented.

For example:

The Fair Tax:  Federal taxes are no longer based on income, rather, based on how much you spend.

Telecommute for Congress & Senate:  In this age of technology, why do representatives have to live in DC?  Convening sessions via secure telecommunications would save millions and keep Representatives in their home state.

Life Long Pensions:  There is no reason at all that any Representative of any kind should be paid for the rest of their lives simply by setting foot in DC.

These are just a few off the top of my head.

Can you think of any "common sense" plans that will never be implemented because of politicians?
I would be happy for any of these but the first one makes a lot of sense. 

Of course it does but then there wouldn't be loopholes for rich people and so good luck with getting that passed.
I am aware that It will never get passed since the rich control our country. 

People can complain all they want about Trump and his $1B tax loss.  Nothing will change.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if people could get aligned around a FairTax, it would require a monthly payment to offset the inherent regressive nature of the tax. I'm guessing the size of that payment and how progressive/regressive the net effect should be is far from a common sense course of action.

Homeless people manually operating traffic signals to optimize traffic flow.  They're not doing anything anyway.

Get rid of political parties so that way people vote for who they think will do the best job and not vote just for a party because they are Democrat or Republican.

Users who are viewing this thread