What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel and DraftKings Calc - A couple of beta testers wanted (1 Viewer)

Organized Chaos

Footballguy
Many of you don't know me, but I've been building various apps for FFL related purposes over the years. The most notable is that I built the 35K live-scoring app and ran it for a few years before passing the buck to iggy.

Over the past 2 years, I have been playing around with a calculator that helps me make decisions on players each week for Fanduel and DraftKings.  It takes projections that I dump into it from an aggregate source and uses linear programming to calculate the optimal lineup based on the projected points, salary and league constraints(lineup requirements, salary cap etc.) 

I then allow the option to edit projected points for any player or remove players that I don't like from the lineup that is calculated, both actions will instantly re-calculate the optimal lineup.  I've added some other things to help make decisions such as average points against and showing if the player is home or away etc..

I feel it's a pretty valuable calculator, but I am also biased and don't use any other tools.  I would like to see if I can get a couple people that would be interested in using this and providing feedback. I want to limit it to 3 people at first since I only have a couple of casual DFS friends and I using it.  If you'd be interested in helping test this, please send me a PM.  The only qualifications I ask is that you regularly play DFS and will provide feedback.

Ok, I got my 3.  Closing it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have three testers now, closing this one down.  Depending on the feedback etc, I may open it back up for more later.  Thanks!

If you need additional testers let me know.
Will do, thank you!

AquaBliss said:
How did the calculator work this weekend?  Just curious.
Since the stats are pulled in from an aggregate source, I personally don't rely on them exclusively. I don't usually take the first optimal lineup it suggests and will always change the projections on players I like/don't like then let the calc fill in the rest.  I usually put about $50 - $75 in play every week with about 80% of that on the huge 50/50's and the rest on large contests (lotto tickets).  This week half of my 50/50's hit, the other half missed by 2 points and I made it in the money on a couple of the bigger ones.

If you need additional testers let me know.
Will do, thank you!

I've received some solid feedback so far and I am making modifications to improve the usability of the calc.  Since I personally don't rely on the projections exclusively, I'd love to share this once I get it out of a beta state.  The big thing for me is the costs of the automated projections.  If I use the services that allow me to hit an API and pull the stats in, they're cheap for personal use, but have a cost associated with them.  That being said, I want to make this valuable enough to share with the public and distribute those costs. (it would be really cheap, since the service is $300 to allow their data to be used on a public site).

If any of the people testing this want to share their experience here, feel free.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of the people testing this want to share their experience here, feel free.
I'm one of the testers...

I used the site last week more to see how it worked.  A little clunky in how you get your picks/ lineups, but it allows you the ability to adjust projections.  The ability also allows you to manipulate getting a player in the spot you want.  I had to bump Hoyer up to be the top QB to get him in the slot and then it fills out the roster like the IVC does.

I'm looking forward to messing with it again this week.

Once I get more time behind the wheel, I'll post again.

Users who are viewing this thread