What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL viewership off 11% YOY (1 Viewer)

How much of the good stuff is on a broadcast network? I make about 30 network shows and can't be bothered to watch any of them. The 40 I make for cable/streaming/on demand are the only ones anyone calls good. 
Beats me. I haven’t watched a network show since Lost. Can’t imagine I ever will again. 

Beats me. I haven’t watched a network show since Lost. Can’t imagine I ever will again. 
NBC Office up until maybe Season 3 or 4 was the only show I saw since Survivor.  I have no idea who the hell watches network TV.  I guess old people that can't be bothered with streaming.  

NBC Office up until maybe Season 3 or 4 was the only show I saw since Survivor.  I have no idea who the hell watches network TV.  I guess old people that can't be bothered with streaming.  
These are the kind of comments that make the FFA insufferable at times.

..or people who dont have internet access, or people who cant afford it. 

NFL Attendance Down

More people staying home to watch than going to the game.  With TV quality now and no blackout rules it looks like viewership may be up because attendance is down.  You definitely can't beat the experience of being at a game, but it is getting pretty expensive for the average person to attend a game.  

NFL Attendance Down

More people staying home to watch than going to the game.  With TV quality now and no blackout rules it looks like viewership may be up because attendance is down.  You definitely can't beat the experience of being at a game, but it is getting pretty expensive for the average person to attend a game.  
Yep, for two to go to a game you're talking at least $200 at the cheapest. 

I looked into going to a LA Chargers game with my dad last year. The tickets were pretty expensive but knowing the stadium was small, I was considering it. 

Then I found out that there was no true handicapped parking for my dad (he's 89) and that the parking was $100!!!

$100 for parking is obscene.

So we went to a sports bar, ate and drank whatever we wanted and still spent a little less than just the friggin' parking.  :rolleyes:

I looked into going to a LA Chargers game with my dad last year. The tickets were pretty expensive but knowing the stadium was small, I was considering it. 

Then I found out that there was no true handicapped parking for my dad (he's 89) and that the parking was $100!!!

So we went to a sports bar, ate and drank whatever we wanted and still spent a little less than just the friggin' parking.  :rolleyes:
And I bet the parking was free.

Dan Lambskin said:
Earlier I saw some Edie Falco police drama promo that looked absolutely terrible 
Can't be any worse than the Rob Lowe 9-1-1 spinoff.

The whole premise is just a cynical corporate conglomeration of every stupid trope to come out of Hollywood in the past 50 years.

James Daulton said:
Yep, for two to go to a game you're talking at least $200 at the cheapest. 
If you are lucky. Granted I live 4 hours away from Minneapolis or KC so that makes a difference, but by the time you factor in Parking, ticket, food you are looking at 300 min for nose bleed.  I am lucky because I have a friend who has Viking season tickets so when I use his, he sells them to me at face value (lower level, goal line).  Even then, I have 350 in tickets, $40 for parking or train, food and drink (I don't drink alhohal so I can't even imagine what that would be), plus another $150 for hotel (getting too old to make a day trip out of it).  I like to go to 1 or 2 game a year, but it adds up quick.

Can't be any worse than the Rob Lowe 9-1-1 spinoff.

The whole premise is just a cynical corporate conglomeration of every stupid trope to come out of Hollywood in the past 50 years.
To be fair, I think a lot of you are passing over a good portion of the dreck that something like Netflix pumps out a month and focus on the handful of great shows they have each year.  

Last edited by a moderator:
snellman said:
NFL Attendance Down

100% disagree.  You definitely CAN beat the live experience.  I never need to go to an nfl game again.  WAY too expensive but beyond that, stadiums are full of drunk crass trash fans that suck to be around, tv timeouts and now endless and infinite reviews make it a slow boring game except a couple of seconds of excitement per Sunday, it's exhausting, and it's uncomfortable.  Give me my tv and the comfort of my living room, thanks.  Exactly why more people are staying home, as you said they are.

100% disagree.  You definitely CAN beat the live experience.  I never need to go to an nfl game again.  WAY too expensive but beyond that, stadiums are full of drunk crass trash fans that suck to be around, tv timeouts and now endless and infinite reviews make it a slow boring game except a couple of seconds of excitement per Sunday, it's exhausting, and it's uncomfortable.  Give me my tv and the comfort of my living room, thanks.  Exactly why more people are staying home, as you said they are.
For sure.  Went to a Packer game last year, and this was the experience- bunch of drunks, overly expensive, way too many people, basically watching the game on the screens anyway, etc... 

On the flip side, I just took the 13 year old to his first NBA game on the 1st, and I was surprised at the atmosphere.  Much more reasonable pricing, more family friendly (basically felt like a minor league baseball game for TOs, breaks, etc), faster action/quicker game, etc.  I care about 0% about NBA, and we both admitted that was the most fun we've had at a sporting event yet.  

For sure.  Went to a Packer game last year, and this was the experience- bunch of drunks, overly expensive, way too many people, basically watching the game on the screens anyway, etc... 

On the flip side, I just took the 13 year old to his first NBA game on the 1st, and I was surprised at the atmosphere.  Much more reasonable pricing, more family friendly (basically felt like a minor league baseball game for TOs, breaks, etc), faster action/quicker game, etc.  I care about 0% about NBA, and we both admitted that was the most fun we've had at a sporting event yet.  
Not an nba fan, but college football is similar.  My dad, brother in law, 15 year old son, and I went to an Oregon Ducks game earlier this year.  Similar to how you describe.  Way more family friendly, more reasonable pricing, people were friendly and having fun, even with fans of the other school.  We had one guy who got sloppy and belligerent behind us.  His buddies dragged him out of there quickly, apologizing to all of us around them for his behavior.  I'd go to several of those games a year if we lived closer.

Mr. Mojo said:

I need to invest in space near the new LA Rams/Chargers stadium if people are willing to pay $100 for parking.  That is so ridiculous.

I need to invest in space near the new LA Rams/Chargers stadium if people are willing to pay $100 for parking.  That is so ridiculous.
You think $100 for parking is bad? Wait until you see how much Southern California real estate goes for.  Any decent space near the upcoming stadium is going to cost some major coin.    Keep in mind that this year the Chargers played in Carson. Carson is basically a city that is known for its refineries. Several of it’s neighborhoods are built upon toxic land—just do some quick research on the “carousel tract” in Carson.  I’m not saying that Carson is a dump—but let’s just say that it’s considered one of the less desirable places to live in the Orange County or Los Angeles area—and they are still asking those kinds of prices for parking. 

"numbers released by CBS, the Titans’ victory over the Patriots was the most-watched AFC wild-card game in primetime in nine years, a 23% increase over last year’s game between the Chargers and the Ravens."

Run some spots showing helmets sort of working and we can just pretend CTE is solved too. 

Raiders Nation went on a nice rant in some other thread about this. Not sure why I can't figure out to @ him. 

This pretty much proves the kneeling during the anthem was the biggest reason for the decline in prior years. You don't hear #### about that now. 
I think this is a fair point.

I also think that it pretty much proves that many of the people who claimed that they'd never watch the NFL again were full of ####.

Agreed on the suck-fest that is attending an NFL game in person. Not for me either.

MLS and NBA games are fantastic experiences and can be had for a fraction of NFL prices.

snellman said:
NFL Attendance Down

The only NFL game I've ever seen in person is when my wife and I traveled from C-bus to Indy to see the Colts and Dolphins. That's been over 20 years ago - whatever the previous dome the Colts played in.

ETA: Found it!  Jim Harbaugh with 4 TD passes!! :lmao:

facook said:
I had season tickets to the Texans for I believe the first 4 seasons.  After about the 4th game, the novelty wore off.  Like you said, nothing but drunks.  And not fun drunks, but loud, rowdy drunks looking for fights and cursing at every playcall. Not to mention I had to get up at like 9, be on the road for over an hour, then another 2 hours to get home.  I was gone from 9 until 6 or 7 and I got to watch ONE game.  

No desire to ever go see another live NFL game.

Users who are viewing this thread