What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop my only K to stash Corey Coleman? (1 Viewer)

outofctrl

Footballguy
Sounds crazy (and maybe it is, you tell me), but hear me out. 

12 team league, non-ppr. 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, FLEX, K, D

QB: Brady, Luck, Stafford

RB: Ingram, Charles, Ware, Gore, Jennings, Richard, Smallwood

WR: M.Jones, Diggs, Maclin, Parker, Hogan

TE: Eifert

Due to bye week blues and injuries, I have to play both Richard and Smallwood this week and I dropped H.Henry to play a WR3 in Hogan. 

So I have no TE and on top of that I'm down 50-0 after his D.Johnson and Hyde.  Yahoo projects me at a 18% chance to win. 

It's a deep league and there's not a lot out in free agency.  The top healthy receiver available is Sharpe and the top RB is Starks. 

Would you get ahead of the curve a bit and drop your kicker to stash Corey Coleman, knowing you're most likely going to lose this week? 

I'm 3-1 and in 2nd place so I have a little breathing room. 

Am I going crazy thinking of doing this or does it actually make sense? 

I would probably do that, I'm in a Dyansty league with IDP and last year I was stacked at offense positions but didn't have anyone to drop, I played without a kicker (and in some weeks IDPs too) for 4 weeks (won 3 of them)

It's not a crazy idea, but I'd only go naked at Kicker for one week if at all possible.  You don't say who your kicker is - if it's Gostkowski then probably not, if it's somebody middle of the pack then sure.

My kicker is McManus, no one special. 

Yeah, to clarify, it would only be for this week since it already seems I'm bound to lose.  

I figure another week of data would lead me to dropping one of Hogan, Smallwood, or Richard to get a kicker next week.  

I guess there is no guarantee that Eifert is back either so dropping a healthy TE might be a questionable move.  Hogan could be a nice pickup with Brady's return but, for this week, it was more of a side-ways move.

Users who are viewing this thread