What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hurting at WR, do I trade away my strong positions to upgrade? Need trade advice. (1 Viewer)

FFtexas

Footballguy
12 team-standard scoring.

My WR corps is really hurting right now. I'll go ahead and list my whole roster to see if any of you would be willing to help me think of a trade.

QB - Brady, Stafford

RB - David Johnson, Christine Michael, Spencer Ware, Arian Foster, Deangelo Williams, Frank Gore

WR - Alshon Jeffery, Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Victor Cruz. (Robert Woods is on the waivers, probably going to drop Brown for him.)

TE - Marty Bennett, Kyle Rudolph

My question is: is it worth it to dish someone like Brady for a WR1? Obviously I would love to trade Stafford + another piece, but realistically, I don't think I could swing a trade for a top-notch WR with a 2-for-1 deal. 

Another option I was thinking would be to try and sell high on Bennett right now and pair him with someone like Frank Gore to try and get an average WR (specifically targeting buying low on Amari Cooper).

Thanks, WHIR

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, You could definitely use the step up at WR. I think Cooper is a great buy low candidate, maybe the time to buy low with him might have actually gone given his most recent performance, but I think you could look at trying to package Stafford and maybe Kyle Rudolph as part of any trades. I'm hesitant to think of getting rid of Bennett because although he's not going to have another 3 TD game, I still think he has a pretty high floor if it looks like NE are going to try and run 2 TE sets. Other receivers you could target who could be got for particularly cheap at the moment would probably include someone like DeAndre Hopkins who's owners are freaking out at this time. Other receivers who I would target would probably be Brandon Marshall and possibly Julian Edelman, maybe you can get him for cheap, he was the only NE receiver not to see a huge uptick from Brady's return.

What about also maybe trying to get something for DeAngelo Williams from Bell's owner?

Please give me your thoughts on my question here:https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749509-trade-advice-whir/#comment-19492590

I like your thinking. I am not sure you could get much for Stafford right now but it's worth a shot....at least in comparison to what you could get for Brady. If passing TDs are worth 6 points, then hang on to Brady.  If they are just 4 pts. and turnovers are -1, then you could afford to try and deal away Brady and hang on to Stafford.  Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins, Dez Bryant and Julian Edelman are good buy low candidates. Doug Baldwin would be an option as well. I would try and sell Martellus Bennett. At least you know Rudolph is one of Bradford's top 2 options.  Bennett is option 4 through 6 behind Gronk, Edelman, Hogan (and then James White, and Danny Amendola). 

Users who are viewing this thread