What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Meredith - WR - NE Patriots (1 Viewer)

The Bears have shown they're willing to get creative getting the ball into his hands (couple bubbles screens and quick hitters), which says two things to me:

1. They see him as someone worth getting the ball to, who can make something happen. A playmaker.

2. If they're willing to work the ball to him like this, I don't see how he can have too many bad weeks. 

Just because people laugh or scoff at trades doesn't make them right.  Meredith is the better answer. I would criticize a person trying to trade Meredith away more than I would criticize a person trying to trade away White or Jeffery.  
Which would you criticize more in a Jeffrey for Meredith straight up trade?

I think you're right in what is likely but just to consider all the scenarios: what IF Meredith rolls out against the Vikes and goes 8/112/1?  Then we have the opposite effect where people start thinking "if he can do that agains the Vikes, then...."

Again, not likely, but they will have extra rest between those games and it does seem like there are always those games where what happens is exactly opposite of what is expected.  Maybe Vikes come in with the attention on Jeffrey and Meredith peppers them in per with a good game. 
You're right,  he could explode vs GB this week and then it will be really tough to get him after that.   GB has a depleted secondary... This is one where is just pays to be able to ask your league mate if they are selling (or buying).  

Game is on Thursday too. 

Think it's time to roll with him over Jordan Matthews. I'm praying Dez is Dez after he comes back cuz my receivers are just ugh.

BigBlue_RI said:
Think it's time to roll with him over Jordan Matthews. I'm praying Dez is Dez after he comes back cuz my receivers are just ugh.
anyone else starting him this week?  Currently have him penciled in.

i started meredith with confidence last week and he did great. i expect him to get a bunch more targets this week too. out of my 4 crappy WR corps I am considering meredith my #1 over cobb, djax and britt

Have him, not sure on starting him or not yet, having Evans, Cooks, Cobb, Jeffrey also.
i wouldn't start him over evans. i feel like cooks/jeffrey have a higher ceiling but meredith might have the higher floor w targets and catch rate (alshon should get the better CB on him too -right?). i'm starting him over cobb.

Barring injury, it's difficult to envision a scenario where Meredith does not go off tomorrow night. He's being fed a large number of targets and Green Bay's secondary is horrendous. 100+ yards seems a mortal lock and 1-2 TDs is not out of the question. Hoyer loves throwing to him and there's no logical reason for this to stop tomorrow night. 

Barring injury, it's difficult to envision a scenario where Meredith does not go off tomorrow night. He's being fed a large number of targets and Green Bay's secondary is horrendous. 100+ yards seems a mortal lock and 1-2 TDs is not out of the question. Hoyer loves throwing to him and there's no logical reason for this to stop tomorrow night. 
Nice trying to jinx him like that! But it doesn;t work when you are a packer fan! But seriously I have him starting along side Evans and Green in a 3 WR start league over Hurns and a bunch of other trash.

Nice trying to jinx him like that! But it doesn;t work when you are a packer fan! But seriously I have him starting along side Evans and Green in a 3 WR start league over Hurns and a bunch of other trash.
Ha. Not a jinx. I'm starting Meredith in every league I have him in. The Packers' secondary is pure trash. :(  

Just traded Duke Johnson for him in my standard scoring. I know all the love for Meredith's upside, but I think this is about where his value lies. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and I just got a steal

So let me ask you this.  If you are an Alshon owner, is this guy on your radar and if so, what in the world do you do with both of them?  

So let me ask you this.  If you are an Alshon owner, is this guy on your radar and if so, what in the world do you do with both of them?  
You start them both this week. Outside of this week, that's really up to you. I think Meredith is just a more natural fit for Hoyer in the meantime. He lines up on the side of the field Hoyer tends to throw to and there's no shortage of passes being thrown in a given week. Also, Alshon gets in so few or limited practices that it's difficult to get in sync with the "back up" QB. Hoyer is enough of a vet that he's not married to WR as much as Cutler tends to be. 

Trying to figure this out as we speak. 

The other two WRs I start are ARob and Landry, which makes it very difficult. Both are far better talents than Meredith and the #1 on their team. And they have a track record. But, neither have been impressive this year.

Sitting Alshon for Meredith, while being the right move the last two weeks, feels like one of those things I would never get over after Alshon puts up 35 points on my bench.

Which would you criticize more in a Jeffrey for Meredith straight up trade?
Dynasty or redraft and standard or ppr would dictate my answer.

in general, I am thinking more ppr and dynasty and I think Meredith is the better answer.  Somewhere along the line when I played ff I stumbled across the sayings of "perception is reality", "potential is a French word that means hasn't done squat yet", and "when it comes to value, now is the norm".  

When I think of trades in dynasty especially, it's usually much more about value and, just my opinion, I think it lies with Meredith.  

I likely have one roster spot for next year between Meredith, Enunwa, Jalen Richard and Clive Walford (and a couple other lotto tickets), and I'm in rebuild mode this year anyway, so ROS points aren't critical. He's probably my hottest trade asset outside of a core guys I'm looking to rebuild around.

What's a reasonable return in terms of a 2017 rookie pick? 10-20? 20-30?

ETA - non-PPR

Last edited by a moderator:
I started them both last week. I'll start them both this week. And will continue to do so while Royal is out. And maybe even after. Though that says more about my WR depth than my confidence in them. But you could do worse.

I started them both last week. I'll start them both this week. And will continue to do so while Royal is out. And maybe even after. Though that says more about my WR depth than my confidence in them. But you could do worse.
I have Alshon on one team and Meredith on the other and are starting both. Does that count? Seriously, both are borderline WR1/2 this week. You pretty much start them without worrying about it. The fact that they are both on the same team isn't really an issue. If you have 3 top10 WRs on your roster to play this week then I guess sit them, but most people are forced to start both if they have both.

I'm genuinely frightened by how ugly this could get tonight. I honestly can't see any way the Packers stop Jeffery, Meredith or Miller. I don't know what Hoyer's career high is for passing yards in a game but it wouldn't surprise me if he tops it. Green Bay's secondary is truly awful. And without Lacy I don't think the Packers can slow the game down with a running game so this could turn into a track meet.   

The O/U is 46 and GB is -7.5 so if Vegas is correct, that's an approximate score of GB 27, CHI 20.  That is nowhere near the highest total of the week, i.e., NO/KC is 50.5 and SD/ATL is 53.5.  Are we saying that this game is going to be a shootout and well over the 46?  

I'm fearful that I'm going to regret this move, but I'm gonna follow suit and start them both tonight.  Here's hoping for a shoot-out and the total soars over 46.  

I'm going with Meredith, Cobb and Montgomery in one league (with Crosby as my kicker) with Sanders and Marvin Jones on my bench. Safe to say I'm all in on this game tonight.  

Starting him with unbridled enthusiasm. 3wr league but that means I will have to sit one of Brown, Crabtree or D. Thomas.

Tonight is the night Merideth solidifies his buzz and gains real dynasty value. Lots of owners will be making tough decisions on enticing trade offers this coming week, I think. 

Started Hoyer tonight. Just can't help myself. Gotta have someone to watch but regretting the decision. GB just dinks and dunks now. TOP will kill Hoyer tonight.

We need the Packers to pull ahead or the Bears will just run a lot and grind the game trying to keep it close. Won't have Barkley slinging it unless they have to.

I can think of one ...
Yeah, this is turning out to be an epic disaster. Absolutely golden matchup for Meredith and it's gonna be a complete failure barring a second-half miracle.

No way to know what the future holds either. Cutler returning may not bold well for him since he likely will focus heavily on Jeffery. White wasn't a part of the offense much at all when Cutler was starting. 

Users who are viewing this thread