What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Meredith - WR - NE Patriots (1 Viewer)

I said earlier this was a pure "pass". Did not think through s is Boyer and not cutler possibly long term.  Please pass the crow, I'll gladly eat it.  Was exciting to watche this guy.  

What percentage to throw on this guy for FAAB?  I'm sold and ready to blow my wad on him.

Picked him up but didn't start him.  Indy has a terrible secondary so I don't expect these numbers every week but I'm definitely holding onto him.  The Bears should be behind plenty the rest of the way which means more opportunity in the passing game.

Didn't know him except as a name and some vague notion of speed. Read peoples' good Pool analysis and advice, picked him up for Ty Hill, started him because Kev White and Decker aren't available and got a slim win. Once again, thanks sharks!

Don't imagine I'll be able to pick him up for free again this week on any other teams.

This game will obviously go down as an outlier for his production.  But there is no reason to think he can't be a serviceable wr3/4 rest of season.  Especially if Hoyer stays the starter.  Meredith has become his safety valve.  The kid is talented and still learning the position.  Grab him in all dynasty leagues because he could be around for a while in Chicago given Jeffrey'a injury/contract situation along with Kevin whites injury uncertainty.  

Home grown talent.  In case you need more reason to like the kid, check this out:

https://youtu.be/wxjRBraryPc

Really liked what I saw from him in the preseason.

Unfortunately didn't make the move, however it does seem to have chemistry with 2nd string qb.  Could be the guy with White and Alshon Gimpy

RECEIVING STATISTICS

Player

Rec

Yds

Yds/Rec

Long

TD

Cameron Meredith

Really liked what I saw from him in the preseason.

Unfortunately didn't make the move, however it does seem to have chemistry with 2nd string qb.  Could be the guy with White and Alshon Gimpy

RECEIVING STATISTICS

Player

Rec

Yds

Yds/Rec

Long

TD

Cameron Meredith

I don't see any reason Meredith won't be more valuable than Kevin White for dynasty purposes moving forward. He has an athletic/physical profile that is at worst equal to White, and a more impressive game than anything White has produced in his limited time. That's not even factoring in White's injury history. It would be a big mistake to presume White will be the starter over Meredith whenever he's healthy again.

Oh and Meredith is 3 months younger.

I don't see any reason Meredith won't be more valuable than Kevin White for dynasty purposes moving forward. He has an athletic/physical profile that is at worst equal to White, and a more impressive game than anything White has produced in his limited time. That's not even factoring in White's injury history. It would be a big mistake to presume White will be the starter over Meredith whenever he's healthy again.

Oh and Meredith is 3 months younger.
Uh, yes. Draft pedigree and a 1 game sample size...

I picked him up/started as an owner of K.White thinking E.Royal would be gimpy. I got a nice surprise that gave me a sizeable lead over my opponent. My takes from watching the game:

-Long Strider...Think of a deer running in the open field. He looks fast and elusive.

-Ball Security... He fumbled vs Dallas and fumbled two times vs the Colts. The one he lost was the backbreaker when Chicago could have put the game away. Needs work here.

I think he is a great WW pick-up considering A.Jeffrey is a free-agent, all he catches it seems are go routes and on top of that he's questionable every week. Hoyer wants this job and won't predicate his game on throwing Hail-Mary's to Alshon whenever possible. He's even said so. I would Buy, Buy, Buy.

Amazing to me that everyone is jumping on this guy like he's the new Alshon.

I think we have to remember that this was the Indy D Hoyer was facing that made Bortles look perfect.

Something tells me courses correct here. That is, Alshon starts getting a little more, Hoyer comes back down to earth, the entire Chicago offense does as well, and Meredith most likely returns to waiver wires.

Hoyer doesn't have to be perfect or even good.   He just had to chuck it up in the direction of Meredith for Meredith to produce.   I'm not saying he's the next big thing after one game,  but I've learned it's better to optimistically own a talented player and see how it plays out rather than watch it play out while wishing you picked him up when you had the chance. 

Amazing to me that everyone is jumping on this guy like he's the new Alshon.

I think we have to remember that this was the Indy D Hoyer was facing that made Bortles look perfect.

Something tells me courses correct here. That is, Alshon starts getting a little more, Hoyer comes back down to earth, the entire Chicago offense does as well, and Meredith most likely returns to waiver wires.
I don't think it would be surprising at all if Meredith did not become a big deal but a lot of people saying he won't are trying to lay it on heavy with some type of reasoning that is tied into White and Alshon and that shouldn't be the issue at all.  Neither White nor Alshon have shone to be extremely durable and the #1 ability in football is availability, so that's really the reason people are talking about this guy because he was available and then he did something with it.  Also, with Hoyer at the helm, we all know we've seen it time and time again that sometimes these so-so journeymen Qbs get in there and they just man-crush on a particular player or type of play and it is hard to deny that Hoyer seems to be locked in to Meredith. 

So, yeah, sure, maybe Meredith isn't the next big find in FF but to dismiss him is silly also. After all, didn't Tim Hightower help teams win FF leagues last year? It's that guy that happens to be available at the right time. 

Picked him off FA waiver this week, along with Hogan and Booker on my bench as well. I'm liking what I am seeing from the small sample so far. He'll be on my bench unless I trade up for a guy like Maclin.

Just a stat check here. Since Hoyer came in to start Game 3, targets to White and Meredith:

• 3: White 14, Meredith 3 - 17
  • 4: White 9, Meredith 5 - 14
  • 5: Meredith - 12, Bellamy 1 - 13

I'm not sure I could say I would rather have White long term at this point.   Not that Meredith has proven anything at all...   White seems to be proving he can't stay on the field though,  and they are the same age and seem to possess similar physical tools. 

Who are people starting meredith over? I'm considering over Desean Jackson & Cobb ... feel like he has a higher floor than both of those

Boy, you just don't stumble across impactful WR pickups like this often.  RBs, yeah, every year.  But WRs..its a gift. 
This is why, even without a subscription, FBG is the best. I scooped up Diggs last year just before he busted out and now Meredith this year. Both may pace my team to a title. I'm an old-school VBD drafter who values bell cow RBs so these gems are critical and so welcomed.

Scott Pianowski was pimping Cam2 on twitter this morning saying that he looks legit. Any homers want to weigh in here based on what they saw?

Users who are viewing this thread