What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post 2nd Debate Vote (1 Viewer)

Vote....

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 107 51.2%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 46 22.0%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 56 26.8%

• Total voters
Not Trump. 

Prefer not Hillary either but with Johnson not even being at the debate, it would be truly difficult for him to win any state let alone the election. 

Not Trump. 

Prefer not Hillary either but with Johnson not even being at the debate, it would be truly difficult for him to win any state let alone the election. 
I feel like a statement this voting cycle will get him on the stage next time. 

We are stuck with scumbag Clinton #2 this time. 

I feel like a statement this voting cycle will get him on the stage next time. 

We are stuck with scumbag Clinton #2 this time. 
I would have thought the endorsement of a few major newspapers / media outlets would have gotten him there this time.  But it seems everyone, including trump through his antics, is handing the office to HRC. 

I'm not voting. That's my dissent. It's either political corruption or mean incompetence and I can't stand either.

I'm not voting. That's my dissent. It's either political corruption or mean incompetence and I can't stand either.
Rockaction, you're a very smart dude. Why are you so positive that Hillary is corrupt? Every time there's an accusation about this it's debunked. Personally I do t believe she's any more corrupt than most politicians. 

Now that I think about it, I'm writing in Anderson Cooper. 
He was horrible last night, didn't even look up at times to make eye contact with the candidates when the discussion got heated.  He looked like the most uncomfortable person in the room, bizarre.  

Rockaction, you're a very smart dude. Why are you so positive that Hillary is corrupt? Every time there's an accusation about this it's debunked. Personally I do t believe she's any more corrupt than most politicians. 
That's fine you don't think that. She's your avatar. (She was a Goldwater Girl then.)

I do.  For many reasons, which have been repeated ad nauseum in every sense of the words.  

That's the perception of her, right or wrong.  Trump's is an arrogant, womanizing buffoon.  Public figures have a certain "perception" whether they like it or not.  You can defend Hilary 24/7, and you may actually be right!  I have no idea.  But the perception is that she's a fake and corrupt politician.  There's a reason everyone in the world is laughing at this election, and it isn't because Hilary is a gem of a candidate and Trump is a buffoon.  It's because both candidates are perceived as absolute jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I vote for Weld?
Massachusetts did about twenty years ago. Back then, he was a younger Republican moderate, touting the Grateful Dead and other such things. I brought him up this year to a roomful of people, and was pleasantly surprised when he took the VP position of the Libertarian ticket. Made me look savant-ish.  

Massachusetts did about twenty years ago. Back then, he was a younger Republican moderate, touting the Grateful Dead and other such things. I brought him up this year to a roomful of people, and was pleasantly surprised when he took the VP position of the Libertarian ticket. Made me look savant-ish.  
Its unfortunate that this might be his last dance.   Id love to see more of his kind in the gop.  

That's the perception of her, right or wrong.  Trump's is an arrogant, womanizing buffoon.  Public figures have a certain "perception" whether they like it or not.  You can defend Hilary 24/7, and you may actually be right!  I have no idea.  But the perception is that she's a fake and corrupt politician.  There's a reason everyone in the world is laughing at this election, and it isn't because Hilary is a gem of a candidate and Trump is a buffoon.  It's because both candidates are perceived as absolute jokes.
Agree, but, how often is the perception wrong after two years where her campaign's sole job was to convince people otherwise?

There's a reason everyone in the world is laughing at this election, and it isn't because Hilary is a gem of a candidate and Trump is a buffoon.  It's because both candidates are perceived as absolute jokes.
Is this really the case though?  Because when I talk to people outside the country who bring up our embarrassment of an election, none of them say anything about Hillary......

FWIW, I voted Gary Johnson in the poll.

None of the above. Hillary is corrupt despite Tim's protestations. Trump is an abomination. Johnson has made himself look like a fool. And Jill Stein likes to play footsie with anti-science for a few votes. Plus she is hateful. Back to not voting the top of the ticket for me.

None of the above. Hillary is corrupt despite Tim's protestations. Trump is an abomination. Johnson has made himself look like a fool. And Jill Stein likes to play footsie with anti-science for a few votes. Plus she is hateful. Back to not voting the top of the ticket for me.
It's disappointing when the media and conservatives employ false equivalencies.  It's even more disappointing when smart liberals like you take a similar stand.  

Hope to have you on board in 2020 amigo.  

I've spoken with a lot of foreigners (mostly Europeans). Almost without fail, their opinion of Hillary is pretty neutral and Trump is the joke they don't understand

ETA: A lot being about a dozen. Not overly representative but more than most have spoken with I'm sure

I'm voting Hillary because it's the unfortunate better choice out of the two choices for the country, and I'm not going to fall for the trap that it defines me as a person. I've voted against Hillary in two consecutive Democratic primaries, which is probably two more votes against Hillary than most people have cast. 

I've spoken with a lot of foreigners (mostly Europeans). Almost without fail, their opinion of Hillary is pretty neutral and Trump is the joke they don't understand

ETA: A lot being about a dozen. Not overly representative but more than most have spoken with I'm sure
Matches my experience and what I'm seeing from people in world media.

We look to America as our world leader. Like it or not, people look to it, and they know that. And with Donald Trump becoming president, people will be concerned about the stability of America and the stability of the world.
In a survey looking into the public image of the U.S. around the world, Trump inspires little confidence:

85% of the Europeans surveyed doubted Trump’s ability to do the right thing regarding world affairs. Among them, 92% of Swedes and 89% of Germans said they had no confidence in Trump’s ability to handle the international aspect of the presidency. Some 87% of Australians and 82% of Japanese agreed.

I'm real close to doing that but I'm going with Trump because he's going to lose, a D in the WH is good for stocks and I can ##### about her incompetence since I didn't vote for her. Like someone else put it a few days ago, none of these turdlets gives a rat's ### about any of us. Bernie probably does but that's why he's not in the running anymore.

I'm real close to doing that but I'm going with Trump because he's going to lose, a D in the WH is good for stocks and I can ##### about her incompetence since I didn't vote for her. Like someone else put it a few days ago, none of these turdlets gives a rat's ### about any of us. Bernie probably does but that's why he's not in the running anymore.
You can ##### about her incompetence even if you vote for her. 

Mine are mostly Canadian, but I have seem similar results.

It's disappointing when the media and conservatives employ false equivalencies.  It's even more disappointing when smart liberals like you take a similar stand.  

Not playing teams anymore. Want me back? Run a candidate I can support.

By the way there is no false equivalence here. I think abomination is worse than standard corrupt. I expect Hillary to betray everything I stand for. I expect her to try to push through the grand bargain which is a conservative cornucopia. I expect her to intervene militarily in places I have no desire.to see Americans die. I expect her.to continue to push fossil fuels and fracking to the detriment of our planet. For starters.

Trump is a narcissistic lunatic. He can't be trusted with a pet much less the country.

Still doesn't change what Hillary is and what she will do.

I have voted in every presidential election since I was 18, but this may be the first one I sit out for many of the reasons already discussed.

I keep thinking: "Is this really the best we can do?"

Not voting is, in my opinion, not a great idea. One of them is going to win.

If you dislike both, think about which you want to be in office less, and vote the other way.

So you're counting on everyone else doing the right thing for you. I get it, and will do so. :thumbup:

I have no issue with this, and in a way find this one of the most compelling and genuine arguments for voting Trump.

You can not vote for President and still vote. I have over 30 candidates to research in local and state elections. I will vote I just won't vote the top of the ticket.

I was leaning that way for a while but just can't find a way to justify giving Trump my vote. I will go to vote and leave the top of the ticket blank, not voting for a Republican for President for the first time in my life. I hate what he has done to the party. I didn't like his antics during the primaries but still gave him every opportunity to win me over after he got the nomination. If Bill Clinton could get elected after all the allegations against him, Trump could have overcome most of what has come out so far. Who knows what's next though. All he had to do was act like a normal human being and learn all he could about the important issues. But he couldn't be bothered, so he stuck to the catch phrases and insults that got him here. Sad!

He is the one thing he hates the most...a loser.

Not playing teams anymore. Want me back? Run a candidate I can support.

By the way there is no false equivalence here. I think abomination is worse than standard corrupt. I expect Hillary to betray everything I stand for. I expect her to try to push through the grand bargain which is a conservative cornucopia. I expect her to intervene militarily in places I have no desire.to see Americans die. I expect her.to continue to push fossil fuels and fracking to the detriment of our planet. For starters.

Trump is a narcissistic lunatic. He can't be trusted with a pet much less the country.

Still doesn't change what Hillary is and what she will do.
:goodposting:

Never thought I'd see the day I didn't vote at the federal level.  I've been worn down...the establishment wins this time around.

The only candidate I've felt really good voting for (going back to 1992) has been Obama.

Although I don't love Hillary it's really not that hard to vote for her.  I don't buy that she's any more corrupt than a typical politician.  Bernie or bust people (and the like) are crybabies.  Not voting for Hillary doesn't help your cause at all.  Try again in 2020, progressives.

Like Bill Maher says, if they are out of the fish just order the chicken.

I was leaning that way for a while but just can't find a way to justify giving Trump my vote. I will go to vote and leave the top of the ticket blank, not voting for a Republican for President for the first time in my life. I hate what he has done to the party. I didn't like his antics during the primaries but still gave him every opportunity to win me over after he got the nomination. If Bill Clinton could get elected after all the allegations against him, Trump could have overcome most of what has come out so far. Who knows what's next though. All he had to do was act like a normal human being and learn all he could about the important issues. But he couldn't be bothered, so he stuck to the catch phrases and insults that got him here. Sad!

He is the one thing he hates the most...a loser.
It's called 'projection'. 

Is there anyway that We the People can rise up and demand a push of the reset button?  It is both amazing and saddening that we have come to this point with two candidates so heavily disliked.  

Is there anyway that We the People can rise up and demand a push of the reset button?  It is both amazing and saddening that we have come to this point with two candidates so heavily disliked.  
We the People chose these candidates.

Users who are viewing this thread