What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Elandon Roberts (1 Viewer)

Robar

Footballguy
Been holding him in all my leagues through 4 scoreless weeks just because I loved his upside. He finally played this week and out snapped Hightower and out hustled everyone. 7 tackles and an 80.5 rating from pff. If he's not on your waiver list, he belongs on your watch list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the biggest Roberts fan there is.That said, he's more of an MLB than OLB, I think they'll use more Mingo and Mclellin in Collins spot than Roberts unless they move Hightower to SLB and play Roberts in the middle.  With Su'a Cravens out, Foster was back to almost full snaps last week, I probably lean foster.  It smells like the same kind of let down for Roberts today that Cory James had last week, but I hope I'm wrong. Roberts won't be in my lineups but I'll be cheering for double digit tackles.

So what are people thinking his playing time will look like the rest of the season?

Will the Patriots find a way to get Hightower, Roberts, and Collins all on the field together (when they are all healthy)?

Roberts seems too explosive to leave on the bench, but I'm concerned that he will be used situationally and see limited snaps. 

From PFF's Sam Monson.

"New England actually started Elandon Roberts against the Bills, though he played only 28 snaps to Collins’ 47 over the course of the game. Roberts has shown well in limited snaps so far this season—in particular against Cleveland in Week 5—but he certainly gives the Patriots a player they expect can take over for Collins without much, if any, drop in production."

Dunno for sure, but looks like a dice roll with Roberts might just pay off.

For those of us who thought we had a steal in Roberts, a warning to exercise caution in playing him coming out of the bye as linebacker coach and "grasshopper," Brian Flores, has learned well from the "master" ensuring none of us really know who will play where or when. Here's his quote regarding who would pick up Collins' role:

"As a group, it’ll be Elandon, it’ll be (Dont’a) Hightower. It’ll be a myriad of players who will come in and try to fill that spot, fill his positions, fill his roles. It won’t be just one guy. It won’t just be E-Rob, it will be a group of guys.” 

Still like Roberts to dominate snaps outside of Hightower (he is now listed as a starting LB on their unofficial depth chart), but temper expectations - at least for now.

Been holding him in all my leagues through 4 scoreless weeks just because I loved his upside. He finally played this week and out snapped Hightower and out hustled everyone. 7 tackles and an 80.5 rating from pff. If he's not on your waiver list, he belongs on your watch list.

Per Rotoworld -

"Sixth-round rookie Elandon Roberts is expected to replace LB Jamie Collins in the Patriots' starting lineup.

Roberts was the 214th pick in this year's draft. He's undersized at 6'/235, but those around the team have noted how ferocious he is as a downhill player. Starting MLB Dont'a Hightower called Roberts a "missile, torpedo, and hammer" in a recent interview, and Roberts' play is thought to be one of the main reasons Collins was dealt to Cleveland. He'll now see a big uptick in snaps."

Hopefully this proves to be true and maybe this thread helped some of you.

His pathway gets cleared by the Collins trade, his teammates rave about him, and he *****s the bed and then just played 11 snaps last game?

I think we've been bamboozled. Is this guy really a hold for next year or just another joke on we FFers by NE?

Hightower is in a contract year so he's a hold. as an olb I'm not that excited about him. Collins is a tremendous athlete and that natural ability lead to lots of splash plays others can't make - athletic ints and tackles across/down the field. 

muddy. Still seems to be a stash only player. I'm holding in one league only b/c I have Hightower. Right now he's looking like a backup but had been out most of the preseason. NE linebackers.... who the hell knows? 

muddy. Still seems to be a stash only player. I'm holding in one league only b/c I have Hightower. Right now he's looking like a backup but had been out most of the preseason. NE linebackers.... players not named Brady or Gronknoski.... who the hell knows? 
Fixed.  Hard pass on Roberts, there are much better cheap grabs to make - Cory James, Bostic, AJ Klein, Korey Toomer.

@Hankmoody it's awful trying to own/play anyone but those 2 from the NE roster. But holy hell is it so much worse at LB & RB. 

That list is definitely guys you'd rather own as starters. Roberts is likely to be a bench guy that needs an injury. Still, injury seems to be a strength of Hightower's....

Fixed.  Hard pass on Roberts, there are much better cheap grabs to make - Cory James, Bostic, AJ Klein, Korey Toomer.
I have Roberts in almost all my leagues and the other named players in a fair few. Hopefully Roberts gets an opportunity at some point but as mentioned predicting playing time in NE outside of Brady/Gronk is one of the most frustrating aspects of ff.

Users who are viewing this thread