What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 6 (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
On to week 6! AKA Alex Smith week! MIN and TB on bye. No real standout over-unders, most games hovering around 45-47 pts. 

Early GPP lineup without doing any research

Brees

Gurley/McCoy

Cooks/MThomas/Coates

Bennett

Prater/Bills

Snorkelson said:
On to week 6! AKA Alex Smith week! MIN and TB on bye. No real standout over-unders, most games hovering around 45-47 pts. 
I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw who was playing Oak this week. 

Looking at QB: Brady up to top QB salary at 9K.  Agree paying down for Brees at 8.5 at home looks good.  If Palmer passes concussion protocol hard he'll be to ignore at 7.7K at home against NYJ.

Looking at QB: Brady up to top QB salary at 9K.  Agree paying down for Brees at 8.5 at home looks good.  If Palmer passes concussion protocol hard he'll be to ignore at 7.7K at home against NYJ.
Hmm, have you not been watching the Az games this year? ;)

bro1ncos said:
Early GPP lineup without doing any research

Brees

Gurley/McCoy

Cooks/MThomas/Coates

Bennett

Prater/Bills
Looks a lot like my lineup I put in for my survivor contest and also without any research, just from the gut. It's the final round so whether I finish last or in the top 25% I still get $3.Brees

Gurly McCoy 

Cooper TY M Thomas

Fleener

Crosby

Bills

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a good long look at Mariota this week, haven't checked his salary for the week but would guess it's around 7200, he has Clev at home.

Taking a good long look at Mariota this week, haven't checked his salary for the week but would guess it's around 7200, he has Clev at home.
He is at 7600.  I am thinking a main stack for gpp this week will be Mariota/Walker. 

I think my cash Qb target this week is Wilson.   Slightly cheaper than the top guys at 8400.  Atl isn't letting a lot of rush yards, but allow almost 300yds a game and have allowed the most passing TDs.  As far as most Fantasy pts allowed for the year, Atl is #2 to Qbs.   Plus as we saw last week vs Denv, Atl is getting the job done vs. good Ds and have the ability to push the score up.  If looking healthy, a fun gpp might be Wilson and Lockett, but definitely Wilson and Graham. 

I think my cash Qb target this week is Wilson.   Slightly cheaper than the top guys at 8400.  Atl isn't letting a lot of rush yards, but allow almost 300yds a game and have allowed the most passing TDs.  As far as most Fantasy pts allowed for the year, Atl is #2 to Qbs.   Plus as we saw last week vs Denv, Atl is getting the job done vs. good Ds and have the ability to push the score up.  If looking healthy, a fun gpp might be Wilson and Lockett, but definitely Wilson and Graham. 
If you can't fit Brees I think Wilson is next best as he should have overall QB1 upside 

Ive got a lot going on this week so Im mostly taking it off. Just running a few high upside entries in some qualifiers and the Milly.  My initial thoughts:

1.  I want all the Gronk.  Despite Bennett having the monster game on Sunday Gronk actually played more snaps. 
2.  I want all the McCoy.  He has been productive so far this year, but he was actually really unlucky last week.  Some positive TD regression is coming his way against a rush defense that has allowed 150+ rushing yards in every game this year except the home opener against the Rams.  This seems almost too obvious a spot.
3.  Im leaning towards a 75/25 split at QB between Brees and Marriota.  Snead is going to have an absolute monster game.  My Marriota lineups will probably all be naked, although I do like Delanie.  I have my concerns with DeMarco though.  Hes been getting an absolutely insane workload.  They will get him some much needed rest in this one.  Maybe this is Derrick Henry's coming out party?
4.  Paying up at Brees, McCoy, and Gronk leaves some roster construction issues.  There are some cheaper guys that I like just on my brief check through the numbers.  Bobby Rainey is going to put up WR2 numbers at almost min price.  Baltimore hasnt actually allowed a whole lot to opposing pass catching RBs, but its not because the plays that have been run against them havent worked.  Baltimore is allowing an 87.5% completion percentage to opposing RBs.  Almost 60% of those plays are rated "successful".  Only Atlanta and New Orleans have a worse track record.  Nelson Agholor is actually leading the Eagles in targets over the last few weeks.  He has done nothing with them, but if he ever does!  And Breshad Perriman.  Another guy that hasnt done much with the minimal opportunity hes been given so far.  Mike Wallace and Steve Smith are hurt though, one or both may not play.  If Perriman gets 10 targets this week he has the talent to convert atleast 1 of them into a long TD.  Michael Thomas is also an obvious cheap WR to consider

I tend to get too cute at tight end but... what do you guys think about Charles Clay this week vs SF? Tempted to do a Tyrod Taylor + Clay stack.

Love the thinking there NM, and I had a couple of them on my gpp/cheap list - Henry and Perriman.  Balt Wrs are banged up, he nearly had a TD Sunday, and has been seeing more and more action.  This is a game Tenn should be able to control, so Henry was on my list.  Seems to be doing more with little work running, and I would think at some point they have to give DM a little break.  This could be the week if they can get up on the Brownies. 

I am at a similar point where I want to pay up at and don't see cheap options I love at Qb/Rb/TE.  I am sure a lot of it has to do with getting burned by all the cheap RBs and TEs last week.  I have been scrounging around for cheap WR ideas too.  Still researching, but ones that stuck out so far:

KC Wrs - Conley/Wilson/Hill are all minimum priced or 100 more.  IF we believe the Oak pass D is as bad as advertised and Oakland has the talent to keep scoring, KC is going to find themselves in a game like with Pitts.  Conley getting the most reps and targets, but Hill has the speed to turn any catch into an 80yd TD

Lockett: mentioned him above, and I will be watching the injury status coming off of the bye.  He is sitting at 5300, and I think Wilson will have a big day.

LA Wrs:  Det has been giving up a ton of points to opposing QBs and WRs.  They are sitting at <6000 and one are both might be due for a TD (been a couple weeks).  Maybe pick whoever Slay isn't on?

C.Brown:  If we think this could become a shootout in the Superdome, he is at 4500

Dallas WRs:  Honestly don't know what to think here.  Something's gotta give - GB is best vs. run so far, and Dallas is best rushing team.  Eli sucks and couldn't exploit it, but GB's secondary is banged up and can be thrown on.  They are all under 6000 too, but Cole has been getting fewer and fewer targets and I think Williams is dinged up.  Maybe Butler for 5600?  Also, what's the status on Dez?  This is a game that Dak can pretty much squash the Romo talk if they go to GB and win.  GB has the talent up front to force it on his shoulders. 

C.Meredith - only 5400

For a odd gpp stack, am staring at Dak/Wr, Smith/Wr, Keenum/Wr right now.  Hard to win in GB, but something about that game and Dak keeps drawing me to it. 

I tend to get too cute at tight end but... what do you guys think about Charles Clay this week vs SF? Tempted to do a Tyrod Taylor + Clay stack.
I had him written down.  My concern with that game is SF run defense is terrible, McCoy has looked great, and Buff D has been damn good.  Add to that the SF QB dumpster fire, and I am just not sure how much Taylor or Clay will need to be involved in this one. 

I had him written down.  My concern with that game is SF run defense is terrible, McCoy has looked great, and Buff D has been damn good.  Add to that the SF QB dumpster fire, and I am just not sure how much Taylor or Clay will need to be involved in this one. 
Very good point... with Kaep in at QB, definitely possible for the Bills D to take advantage.

It is very early.. but if Lacy is out on Sunday Starks at 4500 seems like a pretty good play seeing as they have nothing else at running back. . :mellow:

Dallas WRs:  Honestly don't know what to think here.  Something's gotta give - GB is best vs. run so far, and Dallas is best rushing team.  Eli sucks and couldn't exploit it, but GB's secondary is banged up and can be thrown on.  They are all under 6000 too, but Cole has been getting fewer and fewer targets and I think Williams is dinged up.  Maybe Butler for 5600?  Also, what's the status on Dez?  This is a game that Dak can pretty much squash the Romo talk if they go to GB and win.  GB has the talent up front to force it on his shoulders. 
With a bye week in week 7, It looks like Dez will get a couple more weeks to heal.  Per Rotoworld today...  

According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, "it continues to look like" Dez Bryant (knee) won't play against the Packers in Week 6.

and 

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team "won't take any chances" with Dez Bryant (knee).

Is this just an odd, lower scoring week?  I am just used to lineups I put in the IVC getting to 120+, and none of mine this week are getting there. 

That and I think the pricing is getting tighter especially at RB. Most of the lineups I liked for cash come in the 112-116 range. My gpp lineups led by Smith/osweiller are 121-123.

Early look Cash cores

Kap/LBell/TYH

ASmith/TJYel/ABrown

ASmith/McCoy/ESanders

Palmer/Michaels/ABrown

Taylor/LBell/ARob

pbandy1 said:
I've had the same problem so far this year, just throwing in a cheap TE as either part of a stack of one in a high total game. It hasn't worked for me so I'm going to change it up and spend more on TE and go with a cheaper WR 3 instead. I think this will give me a higher floor and also higher ceiling.

I tried some gronk lineups and didn't like them much so dropping down 2k or so to kelce, Walker and Bennett. In my WR3 I'm going with guys like Meredith, M Thomas, Woods and Hogan. This allows me to use RBs from a pool of Bell, Murray, Gurly and McCoy .

Anyone get their default FBG Survivor entry yet ?? I got my other survivor entry, but not the FBG one.

From what I recall, everyone should have moved on due to number of entries :confused:

I use both FBG and 4for4 projections in my research and there is a huge difference in their projections this week.  The highest projected 4for4 lineup is at 131.5 points, and FBG projects the same lineup at 113 points.  Never seen that kind of variance.  

Anyone get their default FBG Survivor entry yet ?? I got my other survivor entry, but not the FBG one.

From what I recall, everyone should have moved on due to number of entries :confused:
Got my entry.. this weeks cut off is 2000..only 1868 entries so another week to "play" :popcorn:

I use both FBG and 4for4 projections in my research and there is a huge difference in their projections this week.  The highest projected 4for4 lineup is at 131.5 points, and FBG projects the same lineup at 113 points.  Never seen that kind of variance.  
Hunt for the Best... think I found him.

My gpp lineup 

Osweiler

McCoy Bell

Hopkins Meredith Tate

Walker

Novak

Det
I like it.  I was thinking about a Brock/Fuller stack for Sunday.  For my Thurs. Squib Entry I went with the stats and a super cheap LA stack. 

Keenum

McCoy, Miller

T.Austin, OBJ, A.Rob

Ertz

Catanz

Buffalo

Det is coughing so many points up to Qbs and Wrs, and this is cheap enough they don't need a ton.  I will go back to the Ertz well, as I like his upside still more than the others in that range. 

My first look at cash has me paying up at rb-

smith

bell

mccoy

baldwin

landry

adams

kelce

prater

Tennessee

i like all the matchups here, but Adams scares me for cash a little, but he's cheap. But yeah I like Baldwin this week as well

Is this just an odd, lower scoring week?  I am just used to lineups I put in the IVC getting to 120+, and none of mine this week are getting there. 
I've got this lineup coming in at 128, but I don't know if I am fully comfortable with Smith/Kelce...not sure about Thomas either, but he is cheap

Smith

McCoy, Michael

Green, Hilton, M. Thomas

Kelce

Novak

Buffalo

Only thing to be aware of is there could be some weather in alot of the West Coast games.  It doesnt look too bad right now though.  Ive actually been looking at the Chiefs D a bit for GPP.  Oakland has been over performing for a few weeks now, after that miracle win against the Chargers I can see a bit of a let down this week.  Add in some rain and the highest projected winds right now and I could see a special teams led upset there.

I'm seeing a lot of Michael Thomas lineups- I'm not so sure I'm on board with that. Fleener has been more involved, and had Kuhn snag a td pass from him.  And isn't Snead back? there's cooks too, who has had a quiet few weeks, maybe he's the play at home. 

Fleener is probably the biggest loser with Snead back.  They tend to run alot of the same routes and Snead is just alot better.

I've got this lineup coming in at 128, but I don't know if I am fully comfortable with Smith/Kelce...not sure about Thomas either, but he is cheap

Smith

McCoy, Michael

Green, Hilton, M. Thomas

Kelce

Novak

Buffalo
I just threw a LU into a couple Thurs-Mon that ended up with a similar projection - average is 128.6.  I guess the key is Smith and a cheap WR this week.  I do have a Brady and Wilson LU I am tinkering with for Sunday's slate, but did this for Thurs-Mon:

Smith

Bell, McCoy

Marshall, Sanders, Thomas

Walker

Novak

Buffalo

I'm seeing a lot of Michael Thomas lineups- I'm not so sure I'm on board with that. Fleener has been more involved, and had Kuhn snag a td pass from him.  And isn't Snead back? there's cooks too, who has had a quiet few weeks, maybe he's the play at home. 
Frankly, I am not sure either.  However, I am not liking any cheap options at RB and TE, so by the time I am done assembling things, most of the time I am left with 5400-5600 for a WR3.  Not a ton there.  Coming down to Kerley, Meredith, Thomas, Woods?  In the end the tie breaker is who they have throwing them the ball, and what type of game I think it should be so Thomas has been getting the nod for the cash games.  :shrug:

KarmaPolice said:
I just threw a LU into a couple Thurs-Mon that ended up with a similar projection - average is 128.6.  I guess the key is Smith and a cheap WR this week.  I do have a Brady and Wilson LU I am tinkering with for Sunday's slate, but did this for Thurs-Mon:

Smith

Bell, McCoy

Marshall, Sanders, Thomas

Walker

Novak

Buffalo
Well, Sanders didn't help your cause much tonight...good luck with rest.

Good lord.  Kaepernick was 38% owned in cash in FantasyAces and 23% owned in GPPs. 

And Im all in on Bobby Rainey now.  He isnt even a top 40 RB in respect to ownership percentages on FA.  Its going to be a big ol' squadoosh or its going to be Yahtzee for me this week.

Well, Sanders didn't help your cause much tonight...good luck with rest.
That's for sure.  That's the downfall of playing a Thurs-Mon game and a player throws a dud - I get two days of crabbiness until the Sunday games start.  There's still hope - I did have that one lineup cash with 2 0s one week, so keeping the hope alive here.  I keep getting sucked in, but it's yet another example of why to stay away from the Thurs games. 

Good lord.  Kaepernick was 38% owned in cash in FantasyAces and 23% owned in GPPs. 

And Im all in on Bobby Rainey now.  He isnt even a top 40 RB in respect to ownership percentages on FA.  Its going to be a big ol' squadoosh or its going to be Yahtzee for me this week.
Not if you keep telling everybody here to play him. ;)

Was just looking and some of those % are interesting.  It looks like across the sites people are paying up at RB and looking for their cheap option at WR or QB.  Looks like Mathews and Riddick were the only "cheap" options that showed up at the top, but guys like Kap and Meredith were at the top of their position. 

A few random observations from the list I saw (maybe there is an explanation as far as pricing goes - I don't play that site and am not familiar with it)

- Gronk and Bennett at 5% or less and Brady at 10%?  I wonder if the price + not knowing who to choose is scaring people off a little. 

- on TEs, I thought they would be spread out more, but people seem to be on Olsen and Walker, but Kelce and Graham were <10%

- Rbs to look at for gpp: Charles, DJ, Gurley, and Zeke.

- he is expensive and I know about their road splits, but there's can't be too many weeks that you can get AB for lower ownership.  Might be worth looking into a Ben-AB stack?

With Jennings likely back, Bobby will get less work.

Need a cheap WR3 to fill a hole in this cash lineup:

• ASmith
  • Bell, McCoy/Michael
  • Cooper, Landry/Maclin, [???]
  • Kelce/Walker, Haush/Crosby/Novak, Bills/Titans
I'll probably play 2-3 variations of this lineup, and am looking at the following WR3s:  

• Cole Beasley
  • Tavon Austin
  • Robert Woods
  • Michael Thomas
  • Cameron Meredith
I don't love any of them, but the Value Chart is all over Thomas and Meredith.  Maybe a dent for Thomas is that Snead is back (although he is used differently than Thomas who's more in the Colston role).  Meredith has just one data point, which was a nice game last week but before that had just 4-28, but there's so little history.  Assuming that Dez comes back puts a slight dent in Beasley, but he's still probably one of the safer punts for 5-10 points.  Tavon Austin has a nice matchup but really have a hard time putting him in the lineup.  Robert Woods has a nice matchup as the "WR1" for the Bills but is more of a GPP play.    

Beasley and Austin may have the best floors, while Thomas and Meredith have better ceilings.  

Any thoughts?

Need a cheap WR3 to fill a hole in this cash lineup:

• ASmith
  • Bell, McCoy/Michael
  • Cooper, Landry/Maclin, [???]
  • Kelce/Walker, Haush/Crosby/Novak, Bills/Titans
I'll probably play 2-3 variations of this lineup, and am looking at the following WR3s:  

• Cole Beasley
  • Tavon Austin
  • Robert Woods
  • Michael Thomas
  • Cameron Meredith
I don't love any of them, but the Value Chart is all over Thomas and Meredith.  Maybe a dent for Thomas is that Snead is back (although he is used differently than Thomas who's more in the Colston role).  Meredith has just one data point, which was a nice game last week but before that had just 4-28.  Assuming that Dez comes back puts a slight dent in Beasley, but he's still probably one of the safer punts for 5-10 points.  Tavon Austin has a nice matchup but really have a hard time putting him in the lineup.  Robert Woods has a nice matchup as the "WR1" for the Bills but is more of a GPP play.    

Beasley and Austin may have the best floors, while Thomas and Meredith have better ceilings.  

Any thoughts?
Ran into the same problem when plugging my core cash players into the IVC, seems MT is high Meredith while DD is high on Thomas so I just went with 4 Cash LU each using MT's and DD's WR3

Users who are viewing this thread