What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 6 (1 Viewer)

Yeah the Brees is definitely my fav.  Trying to get a good mix of exposure to the Saints/Panther game and Chiefs/Raiders game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am using Sharp's numbers.  This is only for actual receptions, it does not take into account any actual rushes from the RB, again only receptions.  And for the record, on the straight rankings he has them ranked as the #14 defense against pass catching RBs, but that is only because of volume.  His formula weighs volume.  Why I like Rainey:

Against Baltimore running backs have been targeted 24 times and given up 21 receptions..  That is an 88% completion percentage.  Only New Orleans and Atlanta are less effective.  58% of the time the opposing RB is targeted it results in a successful play.  Again, only New Orleans and Atlanta are worse.  A play is rated successful if it gets 40% of the needed yards on 1st down, 50% on second, and results in a first down on third.

I am at the mercy of Ben McAdoo's dysfunctional offense.  But if he gives Rainey the same 10 targets hes had the last 2 weeks I am very confident he will find success.
im just not seeing it.  as others have mentioned balt is #1 dvoa vs the rush and #11 vs rbs in the passing game.  you keep saying they get gashed by pass catching rbs.  where is the proof?  no rb has had more than 44 yds receiving vs them this year.  there has been only one excellent rb game vs them and that was thanks to an 85 yd rush by djj week 2.

also to say no rb is in a better position this week is absurd.  a lot of the top guys have excellent matchups as favorites vs bad run defense where game scripts favor them and they figure to get almost all the carries.  rainey has been on the field only 28 snaps each of the last 2 weeks.

and why are you using strange metrics like 'successful plays'?  that seems pointless to me.  are we looking for a 3 yd catch on 2nd and 6?  is that how you win fantasy football games?  both the raw numbers and the adjusted numbers point to him being a bad play this week.

you seem like a pretty smart guy but i just feel like youre way overthinking this.

NixonMask said:
He is going around 1% owned.  He is playing against one of the worst defenses in the league against pass catching running backs.  He is a really good pass catching running back.  In Rainey's limited role in the Giants running game so far he has been productive.  Rashad Jennings health is still a question mark, he logged his third straight limited practice today.  He is going to be around 1% owned.  And finally, he is going to be around 1% owned.

I'm not saying he should be considered for cash.  There are risks, he may get 2 carries, 3 targets and his game is done.  The risk is obvious.  If someone plays him and he scores them two points Im not going to feel bad about recommending him.  It could happen.  If you think the risk is too great and won't play him as a result I get it.  But, if you are playing GPPs and not even considering him then you are doing it wrong.
fwiw there a lot of room between 'no rb is in a better position this week' and 'you should be considering him'.

ill listen to the second argument.  and yeah, i suppose you should be considering him for gpps.  but only in the same sense that you should be considering chris conley, cj fedorowitz and ryan tannehill too.

i'd consider HIlton in cash and GPP he ALWAYS burns the Texans. Eli Rogers may be worth a stab in cash to open up salary elsewhere.

So now the only game that looks to be effected by weather might be the Pitt/Mia game.  I see rain and 13-15mph winds?  Anybody have anything different?

I have a bit of Landry going, and not sure if it's a concern at all with the routes he usually runs. 

I'm not going to overthink the weather this time of year. Maybe you fade the deep threats like Coates (who is risky anyway) and Parker (well, we're waiting!) I don't think it will affect Ben so much and I wasn't touching tanny anyway. If it gets to 20-25 mph with gusts I may worry, if it's dumping 6 inches of snow at game time or is -6 I'll worry about it. 15 mph sounds like a beautiful fall day with a little rain.

So now the only game that looks to be effected by weather might be the Pitt/Mia game.  I see rain and 13-15mph winds?  Anybody have anything different?

I have a bit of Landry going, and not sure if it's a concern at all with the routes he usually runs. 
From weather.com

SF @ Buffalo - Cloudy skies with a few showers this afternoon. Thunder possible. High 69F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

KC @ Oakland  - Overcast with rain showers at times. High 66F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. :mellow:  

Atlanta @ Seattle - Rain this morning with thunderstorms by evening. High 59F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Pittsburgh @ Miami - Mostly cloudy this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 82F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%

Sounds like there is a good chance Coates and Fuller will be out this week..

So other then Bell and Brown, Who's "Up next" for Steelers.. Jesse James....  Eli Rogers @4900 ???

Houston vs. Colts seems like a Prime match-up.. But who else on Houston other then Hopkins.. Jalen Strong? or ignore the WR's in that one and go with Lamar Miller??

:popcorn:

From weather.com

SF @ Buffalo - Cloudy skies with a few showers this afternoon. Thunder possible. High 69F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

KC @ Oakland  - Overcast with rain showers at times. High 66F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. :mellow:  

Atlanta @ Seattle - Rain this morning with thunderstorms by evening. High 59F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Pittsburgh @ Miami - Mostly cloudy this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 82F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%
Oof.  Why is the report so different from the FBG link?

Can someone post a link to a large field GPP from this past mon-thu slate? Curious how well my one cash lineup would of performed. 

Gonna be on Rogers in cash if Coates is out.  If Coates plays I can shuffle some D and K spending to get up to M. Thomas or Meredith. 

re. KC-Oak; When I saw gusts of 40 mph I blew up my cash game lineup that I spent hours working on. I'm such a worrywart. :) Still have a GPP with Smith, Charles, Cooper and Kelce.

Snorkelson said:
I'm not going to overthink the weather this time of year. Maybe you fade the deep threats like Coates (who is risky anyway) and Parker (well, we're waiting!) I don't think it will affect Ben so much and I wasn't touching tanny anyway. If it gets to 20-25 mph with gusts I may worry, if it's dumping 6 inches of snow at game time or is -6 I'll worry about it. 15 mph sounds like a beautiful fall day with a little rain.
:goodposting:

tilted.  got all the murray and walker.  tds go to wright and matthews.  murray has 7-0 and walker hasnt been targeted.  there may be nobody worse at this than me.  may just up and quit after this week lol. 

####ting the bed for me right now..OMFG

Hoyer

L. Bell

D. Murray

K. Benjamin

C. Newton

J. Landry

C. merideth

D. Walk

OMFG

tilted.  got all the murray and walker.  tds go to wright and matthews.  murray has 7-0 and walker hasnt been targeted.  there may be nobody worse at this than me.  may just up and quit after this week lol. 
I might not have a choice, I could be out of money...  ;)

D.Murray 25yds at the half vs. the Browns?  I had the same thing - a bit of DMurray and Walker.  Did a weird stack of Mariota/D.Murray too. 

fwiw there a lot of room between 'no rb is in a better position this week' and 'you should be considering him'.

ill listen to the second argument.  and yeah, i suppose you should be considering him for gpps.  but only in the same sense that you should be considering chris conley, cj fedorowitz and ryan tannehill too.
I did say I it was my opinion no one was in a better situation, I wasn't stating it as fact.

And I agree, you should be considering those guys, they're in good GPP spots.  Considering does not mean playing

Did well in a 5 week survivor league to make it to the final week.... Until this week when I decided to spend up on Roth and Brown.. so far a whooping 7 points combined :kicksrock:

your unsubstantiated fascination with him this week is one of the most bizarre things ive ever seen itt.  i threw him into a couple of my gpp lineups where i had an open rb slot at about that price range just for solidarity.  didnt really pan out for me.

No, it definitely didnt work out.  I still believe the situation was right, opportunity clearly didnt pan out.  He did about what I was hoping he would on the ground, which is rush for about 20 yards, but he just didnt get the targets.   I still contend the way to attack the Ravens is with pass catching backs.  Jennings and Rainey combined for 6/36 on seven targets.  Looking ahead, next week they get Forte.  Hopefully he puts up a stinker tomorrow so I can get him at a lower ownership.

No, it definitely didnt work out.  I still believe the situation was right, opportunity clearly didnt pan out.  He did about what I was hoping he would on the ground, which is rush for about 20 yards, but he just didnt get the targets.   I still contend the way to attack the Ravens is with pass catching backs.  Jennings and Rainey combined for 6/36 on seven targets.  Looking ahead, next week they get Forte.  Hopefully he puts up a stinker tomorrow so I can get him at a lower ownership.
lol still going with it huh?  despite the fact that the best receiving game balt has allowed to a rb this year is 4-44?  and that they havent allowed a td catch by a rb this year?  and that the advanced stats put the ravens top 10ish vs rbs catching passes?  well alright then...

Opposing backs are now 27/31 on the year against them.  They are allowing 5.5 yards per attempt on those passes, almost 6.5 per completion.  Yes, I contend if a defense is allowing a 90% completion percentage to opposing running backs that is probably a place you want to look to exploit.

What I learned this week (and probably have before and forgot it) is to not tinker with my damn LUs in the morning.  Pulled OBJ out of one, Julio out of another, went against my gut and pulled Ware out of another.  Had Britt in one, but decided to double down on Austin, etc, etc..  Don't get me wrong, it's not like these decisions are keeping me from the top slot, just venting a little, and all these were made this morning.  Just set it and forget it unless there is a hurricane or somebody is just not starting.

I also was wrong about the GB/Dallas game.  Not so much that GB would need to be passing from behind, but that maybe they were actually up to the task. 

What I learned this week (and probably have before and forgot it) is to not tinker with my damn LUs in the morning.  Pulled OBJ out of one, Julio out of another, went against my gut and pulled Ware out of another.  Had Britt in one, but decided to double down on Austin, etc, etc..  Don't get me wrong, it's not like these decisions are keeping me from the top slot, just venting a little, and all these were made this morning.  Just set it and forget it unless there is a hurricane or somebody is just not starting.

I also was wrong about the GB/Dallas game.  Not so much that GB would need to be passing from behind, but that maybe they were actually up to the task. 
That's a lesson Im still learning.  Losing because you went with your own guys hurts a hell of a lot less than losing because you ignored your own gut and lost with someone elses guys.

I am a big KC fan.  Weather plus me preferring my Cam and Brees line ups over Smith led to that decision.   Kept the receivers.   You cant trust Smith,  plus he  isn't running like last year.   I had him in a fair amount of gpp.   Juat cant trust him and the playcalling for qb fantasy. 

Smart move to play a much higher % of total $ in cash games.  Novak will hopefully kick me into 4/4 in cash as well as score a few extra $ in GPPs.  Will have doubled my $50 deposit by the end of this weekend.  Still haven't put together a real big $$ lineup, but at least this week I'll crack 150 with two lineups.

I hate myself for playing A. Smith in a cash lineup... I cant ever remember a time when that guy scored well when I started him.  0 for 3 today in the FBG contest with him.  Never again!  :rant:

Looks a lot like my lineup I put in for my survivor contest and also without any research, just from the gut. It's the final round so whether I finish last or in the top 25% I still get $3.Brees

Gurly McCoy 

Cooper TY M Thomas

Fleener

Crosby

Bills
Should've just used this original lineup in all my contests. I ended up pulling Gurly Thomas and fleener for Howard  Beasley and pitta. It did cash in both contests I used it but the rest are dumpster fires unless Hopkins and Hilton each go nuts in 2nd half. Worst case I'm up 60 cents for week so not total loss.

I hate myself for playing A. Smith in a cash lineup... I cant ever remember a time when that guy scored well when I started him.  0 for 3 today in the FBG contest with him.  Never again!  :rant:
Every time I say "never again" about a player, they seem to go off the next week, and they suck me back in.  (See  Manning, Eli)

What's up with the FBG subscriber Fanduel contest? Why are guys with 7 points advancing? Is this season long total points? I'm confused :bag:

It seems like we are saying this every week, but damn there were some high cut lines again.  I was in 13 2xs and the average was 130.76 to cash. 

Took a gamble that paid off this week and ended up having a really big week.  I started off with $25 week two, and looks like I might be over $120 after this week.  Not rolling in it, but it made tonight's game fun for me.  All the cash games hit but one.  Just 2 LUs this week, but all had the McCoy/Miller combo and a high $Qb - Cam and Brady.   Basically got lucky since I didn't diversify much but I will take it. 

Had a couple gpp ideas hit, and overall made money on those, but really those aren't worth it.  Fun to throw one or two in, but I was just silly this week.  Is it better just to throw those ideas in a 5x or one of those 100 person contests?

The only thing I think I have learned in the last couple weeks is that I have very little success going with cheap Qbs.  I think it just might be Brady/Brees/Cam damn near every week in cash for me the rest of the way with a few Staffords and Ryans thrown in.  TE is getting that way too, don't think I have hit on a cheap one much and even the chalk ones sucked this week for the most part. 

Users who are viewing this thread