What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you take your shoes off before walking into your house? (1 Viewer)

Do you take your shoes off when you walk into your own house

• yes, I'm no animal

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • no, I like the idea of tracking mud, piss, dirt and garbage into my house

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I walk on my hands

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Righetti

Footballguy
I can't imagine walking into my house with my shoes on, absolutely disgusting 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends...I'm in and out of the house a lot when I'm home.  I leave a pair of Crocs by the door that I put on when I go out, and slip off when I come in...but at the end of the day or when I get home from being somewhere, I wear my shoes upstairs to take them off.  My issue is if I take my shoes off by the door, that's where they'll stay.  I'm bad about carrying them upstairs.

no.   I wipe my feet off on the mat.   If it's raining we'll leave them by the door but a normal day no.

Have no carpet though

Cjw_55106 said:
Of course. I'm not an animal...which is odd because animals don't wear shoes, but I digress. 
Horses do.  Of course that is not particularly voluntary.

I rarely wear shoes in the house.  Basic habit is to remove them, but to every rule, an exception. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if they are muddy. And even then it is a 50-50 shot.

I do take my pants off when I walk into my house though

Am I the only one who constantly has shoes all over the place?  I have a shelf by the door in the garage where I try and take shoes off, but I still have sandals everywhere.  By the back door, front door, etc.  I don't leave them in the middle of the room or anything, I generally keep them out of the way.  

Only if they're wet. We have a rug when you walk in the door to wipe your feet and then I usually head right to the bedroom where I keep my shoes/sneakers and take them off.

99% of the time, I'm wearing shoes in my house; sandals in the warmer months, slippers in the colder.  So when I do take my shoes off, its just to transition into my next pair unless its summer in which case I'm wearing sandals all the time.  

When I wake up in the morning I put on shoes and socks. Those shoes and socks remain on my feet the entire day until I go back to bed. Some exceptions would include shower, different pair of shoes, and sometimes I'll remove for the secks. 

When I wake up in the morning I put on shoes and socks. Those shoes and socks remain on my feet the entire day until I go back to bed. Some exceptions would include shower, different pair of shoes, and sometimes I'll remove for the secks
I like to strap on some crampons for the secks.  Sometimes a little extra purchase is just the thing.

Righetti said:
Of course, when it's raining or snowy outside, my feel get SOAKED when I take my shoes off outside my house.

Righetti said:
I agree, but I end up doing it anyway. I need a bench by my front door. Then, no piss shoes in my house! You've inspired me!

Of course.  In MN half the year is ice and snow...  and ...  "Winter is coming..."  /Jon Snow

Only my grass cutting shoes. Everything else why bother. 
have you ever been into a public mensroom?  Every urinal has a puddle of piss in front of it..

how the hell do you want whatever is puddled up there in your house..

have you ever been into a public mensroom?  Every urinal has a puddle of piss in front of it..

how the hell do you want whatever is puddled up there in your house..
Unless that urinal is outside your house, that's not making it in.   I'm surprised you even wear shoes in your car.

every centimeter of every surface around you, including your own body, is covered in bacteria and germs. you're still alive.

I take my shoes off A) bc I don't need to track a bunch of #### in my house B) barefoot is more comfortable IMO C) My wife bought some stupid West Elm entryway bench/wall unit thingy with a lot of shoe storage in it. It's actually become a habit sitting on the bench, taking them off, and putting them in the shoe compartments underneath.

I feel bad for kids with parents always on them about shoes in the house.  Especially when I see the dogs going in and out.  Bizarre.

Maybe you should spend less time worrying about tracking piss 5 miles to your house and more time worrying about teaching kids to kick the ball into the net more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread