What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Attractive people, what is it like being so attractive? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
I'm not attractive but I'm not an ugly slob or deformed or anything, just not attractive or handsome. I do fine for myself in the dating department, because I'm pretty cool and fun. But I've wondered what it's like to be an beautiful man or woman on a daily basis?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an excellent question. 

I feel like most really good looking dudes fully understand the impact and take full advantage. Good looking women often don't get how their looks change the way people interact with them. I think they just believe that everyone is genuinely nice all the time and always looking to help out.

I have one female acquaintance who totally embodies this. Every post on social media is some mini story about how something good happened to her because someone (usually a man) helped her out. I don't think she has any idea that non attractive people don't get these sorts of breaks

It's no different than most people, day-to-day.  Still have the same BS to deal with that you uggos do.  Maybe we get away with a few things less attractive people may not, but it's not as much as you'd probably expect.  Minor crap like better attitudes from service workers, etc(but even that's not an all the time thing).  That sort of stuff.

"After hours" it can be pretty freaking sweet though, but I'm old and married now, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Can't speak for the fairer sex.  I'm sure it's a totally different animal for them.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

I feel like most really good looking dudes fully understand the impact and take full advantage. Good looking women often don't get how their looks change the way people interact with them. I think they just believe that everyone is genuinely nice all the time and always looking to help out.

I have one female acquaintance who totally embodies this. Every post on social media is some mini story about how something good happened to her because someone (usually a man) helped her out. I don't think she has any idea that non attractive people don't get these sorts of breaks
I know someone very attractive that thinks she is only average.  So she "makes up for it" with impeccable style.  And what we are left with is an incredibly attractive person who is always outfitted amazingly well and turns lots of heads.  She works really hard to be good at her job, be a good friend, etc so I have no idea what the day to day impact is.

I was hit on by gay men a couple of times in my college years.

I was simultaneously flattered and freaked out.  Now, I'd just be happy anyone was interested.

I have a related thought.

There are several women I am friends with on Facebook who are very attractive who post "deep" and "introspective" thoughts or memes and get a bunch of positive responses and likes, including from guys.  

Really want to say, "Nobody  would care a lick about these "deep" thoughts if you were a 4.", but i don't because I am polite.

This leads to a cycle of these women sharing further crap that nobody really cares about on the theory that "Oh wow, people really care about what I have to say."

My experience is just the opposite, I think in general good looking women have learned just how much influence they have over other men and have no problem using it daily.

My guess is it has to do with when they became or realized they were really good looking. Girls that blossom late are forced to have good personalities, while the ones that learn young don't because they realize they can get pretty much whatever they want from men regardless of their personality.

I was hit on by gay men a couple of times in my college years.

I was simultaneously flattered and freaked out.  Now, I'd just be happy anyone was interested.
Was at a beer fest this past weekend, guy came up and comented on how well I was put together.   I thought that was weird, until he called over his girlfriend to ask her if she though I was attractive too

I finished my beer and moved on to another tent 

I've found that very attractive women are often more insecure about themselves because they place too much value on their outward appearance.  If another attractive woman walks in the room, they sometimes feel like that woman is stealing their shine as the most attractive woman in the room and they immediately get jealous.  It's not healthy to be constantly measuring your own looks against those around you.  

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

:goodposting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIHPZrHVGs

I too, am the elephant #### guy.

I've found that very attractive women are often more insecure about themselves because they place too much value on their outward appearance.  If another attractive woman walks in the room, they sometimes feel like that woman is stealing their shine as the most attractive woman in the room and they immediately get jealous.  It's not healthy to be constantly measuring your own looks against those around you.  
Yup, and that why the PUA advice works on them. 

Want some ####?

Here's my perspective, as a guy who was repulsive then attractive.

When I was in high school I had a serious acne problem. I was repulsive right at the time when hormones demanded action and all my friends were dating. It was hell.

Then senior year it all magically went away and I ugly ducklinged into a good looking guy. As my self-esteem improved I became very fashion-conscious as well, developing a sense of style commiserate with my personality, i.e. I became attractive just as I found myself. Girls liked both, a lot. The halls went from an icy hell to my friends' cheerleader ex-girlfriends suddenly talking to me with this warmth in their tone. I had no idea how to deal with it. 

Someone above said being attractive means you don't have to make the first move. This is fairly true. In college all I did was talk to girls without subtext or anything, just talked, smiled, was nice and that's it. I would never make the first move because inside I was still that acne-ridden kid who couldn't believe these hot girls were into me. So I just acted nice and left them alone. They would then throw themselves at me after a couple beers at parties or, on a couple occasions, would show up at dorm room at 3am. This is how I got 90% of the tail I nailed in college. 

Now that I've crested 40, I'm still a pretty attractive guy who enjoys the gym, so has remained in great shape. I get a lot of attention. It's a weird time. Women my age will aggressively ogle me in a creepy way and go out of their way to be super helpful, all with this desperate subtext that screams "F@#K ME!" Young college-aged women will smile a lot, be warm and chatty, but not aggressively so, and many times I think not even conscious of it.

Here's the bad thing though: you grow addicted to the sexual attention. When I don't get anything for awhile, I begin to really miss it even though I'm a very happily married guy who would never cheat. Part of my self-confidence has grown addicted to women's attention, even though I know it's superficial and silly. When I don't get a bite for a few days it feels like the world has gone dark. I sometimes envy those old guys at the gym who just don't give a f#$k anymore. They're free in a way I can't even imagine. Is this what it's like being unattractive? I have no idea. But I know when age does finally catch up to me (and it's happening soon) I will go through a period of painful withdrawal until, hopefully, I just accept it and relish the freedom.

My ex-business partner used to always question why I got special treatment from the male flight attendants--quick to refill a drink etc--when he was virtually ignored.  It became a running joke.  Then I stopped working out, gained 30 pounds and don't get so much special treatment anymore.  Although I was upgraded to first without even asking a couple of weeks ago--all I did was to ask how full the flight was.

Was at a beer fest this past weekend, guy came up and comented on how well I was put together.   I thought that was weird, until he called over his girlfriend to ask her if she though I was attractive too

Arizona Ron disapproves of this post.

:lmao:

My son goes to a preschool that has about a dozen locations. The dude in charge of his location and the dude's boss who oversees most locations are both gay. 

When my son first started going there, my wife tried handling any issues with them (I'd consider her a smoke show, although she was pregnant for a good portion of last school year) & got nowhere. I'd go in there, follow up and have resolutions almost instantly. 

Personally I thought it was my talking abilities, she thinks they like me.

Did the girl look like she had to pee really bad?

Users who are viewing this thread