What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dominating my league but HORRIBLE QB's, HELP! (1 Viewer)

CMU37484

Footballguy
I'm in a 12 team PPR super flex league. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 Super Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE) 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST.  QB's get 1 point per 250 yards and 5 points per passing TD, all others are typical PPR and 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving.

Roster (normal starters in bold)

QB's:  Tanehill, Siemian, Romo

RB's: Elliot, Hyde, Howard, Mathews, Powell

WR's: A. Brown, A.J. Green, O. Beckham, T. Pryor, C. Beasley

TE: Olsen

K: Hopkins

D/ST: Cardinals

With my core four players of Elliot, Brown, Green and Beckham I am off to a great start (5-0 and points leader) BUT most players start 2 QB's and I want to as well.  But Tanehill, Siemian, and whoever just isn't cutting it.  QB's are inflated in value obviously due to our league format.  This is also a 1 player keeper league where you keep them at auction price for the following year.

There are NO QB's available on waivers, everyone hoards them.  I could pick up Josh McCown for when he returns OR Kaeperenick maybe.....?

I have some discussion out there for possibly Blake Bortles (possibly offering Hyde or Howard).  I inquired on a price for Russel Wilson and the guy respond asking for Elliot.  I could possibly buy low on Carson Palmer..............  no one wants to be thin at QB in our league with our super flex position.  The guys who roster 2 won't trade, the guys with 3 have high price tags.

So, trade?  Ride it out with this and patiently wait for maybe Romo?  Tanehill really can't get any worse and I am winning, so there's that.

Not sure when Romo will be back after reports say they'll be patient with his recovery. You could also look at rushing QBs like Tyrod or Mariota but I think Kaepernick might be a good risk to pick up based on rushing prospects alone in Chip Kelly's offense. I wouldn't sell the rest of your team just yet as you get through the bye weeks and you have a really nice roster. I play in a 2 QB league and have been sending out Luck and Tannehill (with Romo) on the bench and I'm fed up with Tannehill as well. I'd ride it out and if you did want to drop someone for McCown (may be back this week if Kessler is still banged up) or Kaepernick, I would drop Beasley.

If you could get Bortles for Hyde I would consider that, but may see what the Palmer owner would want first. Agree with wheeleke that you probably don't want to sell much from your team just to get thru a bye.  

Users who are viewing this thread