What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading for Jameis (1 Viewer)

Bucsfan5493

Footballguy
Thinking of trading for Jameis since I have had awful QB play this year. Ranked as QB11 currently and he just went through the toughest part of his schedule. The defense is bad so he should be throwing a ton this year and as I said, the schedule is now a cakewalk other than a 2 game span against KC and SEA. I could easily see him being a top 10 QB ROS, with big upside.

Anyways, here's the trade:

I receive: Jameis

I give up: Lat Murray, Donte Moncrief

I really don't see any appeal in Murray anymore as he's splitting carries with Richard and Washington and I don't see that changing. Throw in the injury too and he has no value for me. I also am pretty stacked at RB with Miller, Howard, Michael, Ware and Powell so losing him doesn't hurt me at all.

I do like Moncrief, but they're saying he will be out for at least another few weeks, and I'm not sure I really want/need to wait with my current receivers. I have Evans, Hopkins and Pryor so at best Moncrief is just a FLEX or bye week filler for me. There's guys like Kerley, Woods and Meredith I could snag off waivers if I wanted to replace him. 

What do you guys think about this trade. Would you do it?

I agree you can afford to dump Murray as your stacked at RB, and normally ID say holding onto a injured player isn't very helpful... But with Dorsett sucking moncrief should hold value down the line.  If your happy with a WR off waiver pull the trigger, if not maybe he has a WR he wouldn't mind unloading?

Yeah, you can afford to dump Murray and try and trade for Jameis. He's got an amazing playoff schedule as well. Meredith would be a good pick up off waivers as long as Hoyer is under center

I agree you can afford to dump Murray as your stacked at RB, and normally ID say holding onto a injured player isn't very helpful... But with Dorsett sucking moncrief should hold value down the line.  If your happy with a WR off waiver pull the trigger, if not maybe he has a WR he wouldn't mind unloading?
He offered me Funchess, but I'd rather just pick someone off of waivers (this is redraft). Giving up Moncrief hurts a little because I've held onto him for 4 weeks now, but I really don't see him being much more than a FLEX when he comes back anyways. I'd definitely start Evans and Hopkins over him every week and then he would be fighting it out with Michael/Pryor for my FLEX spot which I doubt I would use on Moncrief often over those 2, if at all. 

I think I'd be comfortable just picking up a guy like Kerley, Hogan, Meredith, etc from the waiver wire and being decent depth. 

Yeah, you can afford to dump Murray and try and trade for Jameis. He's got an amazing playoff schedule as well. Meredith would be a good pick up off waivers as long as Hoyer is under center
Yep, love Jameis playoff schedule with 2 games against the Saints. A big reason I'm making a move for him now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread