What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official '16-'17 NHL Season Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Hypothetical situation, this dude is our Fantasy Hockey draft takes Niklas Bäckström in the 3rd round, after another player picked and after much ridicule of the pick he says he meant to take Nicklas Backstrom C Capitals but he was already drafted.   I believe they guy who is a huge Wild honk didn't know Backstrom wasn't the goalie for the Wild anymore but our commish who is his best ifriend, stopped the draft and let him pick again.  What would you do?  No way this is fair, right?  

Hypothetical situation, this dude is our Fantasy Hockey draft takes Niklas Bäckström in the 3rd round, after another player picked and after much ridicule of the pick he says he meant to take Nicklas Backstrom C Capitals but he was already drafted.   I believe they guy who is a huge Wild honk didn't know Backstrom wasn't the goalie for the Wild anymore but our commish who is his best ifriend, stopped the draft and let him pick again.  What would you do?  No way this is fair, right?  
Since he's a Wild fan I say stick him with his pick.

yahoo didn't have all those dots above the vowels which led to confusion.  I blame Bettman

yahoo didn't have all those dots above the vowels which led to confusion.  I blame Bettman
Not buying that, you need to keep him on your roster all year.   I think we should put it to a league vote.   :ptts:

Everyone blames Bettman for everything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Northern Voice said:
1 – Bill Peters and that beautiful young blue line get the Hurricanes back into the playoffs.*

I really like this team, folks. So many good moves this summer. It’s enough to make a decent team hurt by rotten seasons from Cam Ward and Eddie Lack last year a playoff club this time around. And because the league loves a rags-to-(relative)-riches story, Bill Peters wins the Jack Adams he (should have) had a good claim on last season.

*This is dependent upon them actually getting something resembling average goaltending, which isn’t a guarantee.

Have a good season, everyone!

:thumbup:

So both Barzal & Beauvillier make the opening night roster.

Both landed in a 2015 draft day trade for Griffin Reinhart - since cut by the Oilers.

Sounding like Chimera will get first crack playing on the line with JT though..

Is Andrej Sekera really playing on the top PP unit in Edmonton?  How does he look?
He is. The only other real option there is Klefbom (Larsson, Russell, Nurse all more D-oriented). Sekera is fine as a quarterback on the power play. His strength is bringing the puck up ice and he can make some nice passes. He just needs to choose his shots better as he's a know shinpad shooter.

Time to bust the hockey jerseys out of the closet. I'm thinking the black home Quick jersey for Kings-Sharks tonight, then my sweet Vatrano Winter Classic jersey my wife got me for my birthday for the B's opener tomorrow.

Let's do this!

Is Andrej Sekera really playing on the top PP unit in Edmonton?  How does he look?
he is for now due to a lack of better options, but I don't think it will last. it's not his strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Stars can't possibly think our offense with all the injuries can over compensate for weak goalie position? Disappointed nothing was done this off season esp with how the Blues beat us up.

Seagen is still hurting along with Benn. Lost a few defenseman  to an already thin unit other than Klingberg.

o/u 102.5 points is temping on the under.

My Stars can't possibly think our offense with all the injuries can over compensate for weak goalie position? Disappointed nothing was done this off season esp with how the Blues beat us up.

Seagen is still hurting along with Benn. Lost a few defenseman  to an already thin unit other than Klingberg.

o/u 102.5 points is temping on the under.
D should be ok. They added Hamhuis, and have some pretty good prospects ready to contribute in Johns, Lindell, and Honka.

Goalies are a definite concern, but they should be ok in the regular season. Everybody assumes they will make a move for Bishop at some point, but there will be options since everybody with 2 good goalies will worry about losing one in the expansion draft.

Is Conner McDavid really a "once a generation"  type?

See slot of "experts" predicting mvp/scoring title .

Believe he did avg point game when he played. 

Is Conner McDavid really a "once a generation"  type?

See slot of "experts" predicting mvp/scoring title .

Believe he did avg point game when he played. 
Crosby may still be the best player in the league but McDavid is by far the most fun to watch. Does everything at incredibly high speed.

ROY going to the kid Laine from Finland on the Jets? Read he's going to get alot of opportunities to blast the puck. I thought  this draft didn't seem to have a corner stone"superstar" type but some believe Matthews can Be? 

And how good can Dylan Larkin be? Gets alot of love because he's on an original 6 team but whats the uoside? I know he's a fast skater. 

ROY going to the kid Laine from Finland on the Jets? Read he's going to get alot of opportunities to blast the puck. I thought  this draft didn't seem to have a corner stone"superstar" type but some believe Matthews can Be? 

And how good can Dylan Larkin be? Gets alot of love because he's on an original 6 team but whats the uoside? I know he's a fast skater. 
Matthews has to be the favourite but there are lots of possibilities: Laine, Marner, Murray, Aho, Provorov, Strome, Vesey, Nylander, Provorov, Connor, Dvorak, Konecny. Tons of young talent this season.

@Aaron Rudnicki

With Jack going down and situation not known plus season not starting yet it is cool with me if you want to cancel the bet.  In my eyes it only seems fair to give you that choice.

@Aaron Rudnicki

With Jack going down and situation not known plus season not starting yet it is cool with me if you want to cancel the bet.  In my eyes it only seems fair to give you that choice.
early reports say high ankle sprain with 4-to-6 weeks of recovery. It sucks, but it's not a season ender or anything.

$150 Canes vs Sabres bet stands. No worries about that. I don't remember if we had anything else on Canes making playoffs, etc.

early reports say high ankle sprain with 4-to-6 weeks of recovery. It sucks, but it's not a season ender or anything.

$150 Canes vs Sabres bet stands. No worries about that. I don't remember if we had anything else on Canes making playoffs, etc.
I am still game on the others but clarification was lacking.  I would love to bet Canes with odds on making the playoffs.  Last year, last 59 or 56 games they were tracking for 100 point season and I think they got better.

I am still game on the others but clarification was lacking.  I would love to bet Canes with odds on making the playoffs.  Last year, last 59 or 56 games they were tracking for 100 point season and I think they got better.
I'll give you 1.5 to 1 odds. $150 to you if they make it. $100 to me if they don't.

Kris Versteeg stepped in some ####. Went to camp with Edmonton on a PTO, turns down an offer from the Oil to sign with Calgary and play on a line with Monahan and Gaudreau. 

My playoff predictions:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic: Lightning, Canadiens, Panthers

Glen Metropolitan: Caps, Rangers, Penguins

Wild cards: Isles, Blue Jackets

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central: Preds, Stars, Blackhawks

Pacific: Ducks, Sharks, Coyotes

Wild cards: Blues, Jets

STANLEY CUP FINALS

Caps :scared:  over Preds

Anyone else not getting the Leafs-Senators game on Gamecenter? Mine just has a "The Game Will Begin Shortly" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread