What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 WR (and TE) Lotto Ticket Rankings (1 Viewer)

daylight

Footballguy
Remember 2014 when Odell Beckham as a rookie returned from injury in week 5 and tore through the league and changing some owners season into a championship?

What possible Season Changing (Lotto Ticket) WR's are out there on waivers (or possibly a buy low)?

This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability , upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket WR" that could change an owners season.

I can only think of two at the moment but would love to hear other opinions:

• Cory Coleman CLE - was starting to look good before injury
  • Cordarrelle Patterson MIN - it would be an amazing story wouldn't it?  Talent is undeniable.  Is it possible Norv Turner is finally trusting him?
  • Others?
For reference:

Running Back Lotto Ticket discussion is here:  RB Lotto Ticket Rankings

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have used 2015 Doug Baldwin as the prototype for lotto ticket WR.

A guy not exactly in the out-of-nowhere mold but possibly on some waiver wires is Donte Moncrief.

I'm also hoping to add Coleman but bye week management has prevented me from doing so.

In Lafell's first season with the Patriots, the last 11 games he put up 63-768-6. Excluding potential bonuses for big plays, 100 yard games and also fumbles, that's 16ppg in PPR and didn't go below 10 in any game. Is that considered "season changing"? Honestly, given how erratic my WRs have been - including the studs - getting that type of production from a WR3/flex could very well swing your fortunes. So I think if Chris Hogan can do something similar - he was oft-compared to Lafell upon his signing - he fits the bill. I realize 2014 is a while back but Brady back then had multiple weapons at his disposal and still found a way to get Lafell nice production on a week to week basis.

Of course I am biased as someone who just snagged Hogan in 2 leagues this past waiver period.

Remember 2014 when Odell Beckham as a rookie returned from injury in week 5 and tore through the league and changing some owners season into a championship?

What possible Season Changing (Lotto Ticket) WR's are out there on waivers (or possibly a buy low)?

This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability , upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket RB" that most owners seem to want

• Cordarrelle Patterson MIN - it would be an amazing story wouldn't it?  Talent is undeniable.  Is it possible Norv Turner is finally trusting him?
  • Others?
For reference:

Good topic.  

I like the call of Cordarrelle Patterson.  He is a longshot, but he can be had for little or no investment and has the physical profile for elite potential (emphasis on the word potential).

Corey Coleman similarly has elite potential, although I suspect his price is still relatively high.  Terrelle Pryor has cooled off, but he might actually be a cheaper option in Cleveland and offers a high ceiling himself.

Tyrell Williams is the San Diego wideout who most intrigues me.  He could be a high-end WR 2 with potential for more.

A Steve Smith Week 5 injury may have derailed this train temporarily.  Use this opportunity to get him on the cheap, if possible.  

Dorial Green-Beckham has lottery ticket potential and has shown some signs of life recently.  Owners facing bye week and injury depletion may be willing to part with him, although you may have to pay more than lottery ticket prices.

Torrey Smith has been a major disappointment, but with a change in QBs, perhaps we will see his fantasy stock revived.  He isn't a bad end-of-your-bench option until we see how this plays out.

It may be a week too late to get Cameron Meredith for lottery ticket prices, and it seems unlikely Alshon will continue to be deployed as a decoy, but his physical profile and Week 5 stat line vaults him into this discussion.  

Chris Hogan has the potential to be the top wideout for the Patriots, and that comes with a very high ceiling, even with Brady spreading the call around so effectively.  

Marqise Lee has the physical tools to be a solid weekly contributor with a lottery ticket ceiling.  

Already owned, higher upside than preseason ADP:

John Brown

Travis Benjamin

Corey Coleman

Golden Tate

Pick up now before it's too late:

Cameron Meredith

Tyler Lockett

Marquise Lee

Malcom Mitchell

I can't believe I'm writing this:

Jeff Janis. Who else is going to get the Packers offense back to 2014 video game output levels? The hand has healed, and maybe Janis learned to catch the ball and run routes the last two months. #FreeJeffJanis 

It wouldn't surprise to see Breshad Perriman sitting on a few waiver wires. Granted Wallace plays a similar role and is ahead of him. And the Raven passing game is in sad shape. But SSmith might be leaving a window open, the passing game will probably (my opinion) improve and Perriman has the talent. That's a lottery ticket scenario to me.

I think CoCo has OBJ-lite type rookie value right now. Like OBJ he was likely dropped due to injury and is just waiting to explode. You need to get this guy. He's played 2 NFL games and has  173 yards and 2 TDs. Every sign  that exists points to Coleman being a superstar. 

The obvious guys like Hogan, Meredith, Enunwa, are most likely gone. Coleman should be too but if not, grab him. McCown's back at practice 

For me it's Lockett, DGB, Smith, Perriman and Patterson. 

Lockett - Going against Falcons, Seahawks might have to throw. Denver couldn't keep them in check so Seahawks probably won't although they had two weeks to prepare

DGB - workload keeps increasing 

Smith - Kaep can throw it deep

Perriman - injuries at the position on his team are building. New OC might get him going

Pattetson - been getting involved a lot more but Diggs and Johnson been out. Potential is there

This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability , upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket RB" that most owners seem to want

• Others?
For reference:

The coaches and Sam Bradford have all praised Patterson for his work ehtic and performance in practice. This is why he has earned playing time with the offense this season. Meanwhile playing time for former starter Charles Johnson has declined the past two weeks.

Adam Theilen is still be ahead of Patterson in terms of playing time and targets however and seems likely he will remain so.

Stefon Diggs should return to playing after the bye and would still be the Vikings top WR when healthy. So Diggs and Theilen would still be ahead of Patterson I think.

The Vikings are averaging 31.6 passing attempts per game. So less opportunities for receivers compared to the average team at 34.6 attempts/game.

So while I am very happy with Patterson and the progress he has made compared to his near non-existant role in the passing offense the last two seasons, and he deserves credit for earning his playing time now, I don't see him as being a season changing WR pick up. 

I do think Coleman could be if he is available.

Bump and updated my list based on recent posts:

What possible Season Changing (Lotto Ticket) WR's are out there on waivers (or possibly a buy low)?  WR's who could put up Top 5 WR numbers.

This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability, upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket WR" that could change an owners season.

Examples of previous Season Changing WR’s

• 2014 Odell Beckham
  • 2015 Doug Baldwin
  • 2014 Brandon Lafell 
Candidates for Season Changing WR’s for re-draft 2016 going forward:

• Cory Coleman CLE [potential Season Changer] - was starting to look good before injury - per @Ilov80s “I think CoCo has OBJ-lite type rookie value right now”
  • Cordarrelle Patterson [potential Season Changer] MIN - it would be an amazing story wouldn't it?  Talent is undeniable.  Is it possible Norv Turner is finally trusting him? per @Biabreakable "The coaches and Sam Bradford have all praised Patterson for his work ehtic and performance in practice. This is why he has earned playing time with the offense this season. Meanwhile playing time for former starter Charles Johnson has declined the past two weeks."
  • Marquise Lee JAC [potential Top 12] - @stuckinthemuck what is your argument for Lee's Season Changing potential?
  • Malcom Mitchell NPE [potential Top 12] - @stuckinthemuck what is your argument for Lee's Season Changing potential?
  • Jeff Janis GBP [potential Top 12] - per @stuckinthemuck "Who else is going to get the Packers offense back to 2014 video game output?"
  • Breshad Perriman BAL [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "injuries at the position on his team are building. New OC might get him going" - I do like players whose HC/OC get fired mid-season, we usually see a boost in fantasy value
  • Tyler Lockett SEA [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman “Going against Falcons, Seahawks might have to throw” - but will this hold true for the remainder of the season?
  • Dorial Green-Beckham PHI [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" per @socrates "has lottery ticket potential and has shown some signs of life recently"
  • Torry Smith SF [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" - but what about Kerley?
Honorable Mention:

• Golden Tate - I am not a believer, looks like Jones has surged past and overshadowed him
  • Moncrief
Too Late - Cat’s out of the bag (at least in my two leagues these guys are long gone):

• Cam Meredith CHI
  • Chris Hogan NEP
  • John Brown ARZ
  • Travis Benjamin SDC

Bump and updated my list based on recent posts:

What possible Season Changing (Lotto Ticket) WR's are out there on waivers (or possibly a buy low)?  WR's who could put up Top 5 WR numbers.

This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability, upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket RB" that most owners seem to want

Examples of previous Season Changing WR’s

• 2014 Odell Beckham
  • 2015 Doug Baldwin
  • 2014 Brandon Lafell <-- I am including in out of respect but he did not nearly have the 2nd half of the season production then the Beckham or Baldwin IMHO
Candidates for Season Changing WR’s for re-draft 2016 going forward:

• Cory Coleman CLE [potential Season Changer] - was starting to look good before injury - per @Ilov80s “I think CoCo has OBJ-lite type rookie value right now”
  • Cordarrelle Patterson [potential Season Changer] MIN - it would be an amazing story wouldn't it?  Talent is undeniable.  Is it possible Norv Turner is finally trusting him?
  • Marquise Lee JAC [potential Top 12] - @stuckinthemuck what is your argument for Lee's Season Changing potential?
  • Malcom Mitchell NPE [potential Top 12] - @stuckinthemuck what is your argument for Lee's Season Changing potential?
  • Jeff Janis GBP [potential Top 12] - Who else is going to get the Packers offense back to 2014 video game output?
  • Breshad Perriman BAL [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "injuries at the position on his team are building. New OC might get him going" - I do like players whose HC/OC get fired mid-season, we usually see a boost in fantasy value
  • Tyler Lockett SEA [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman “Going against Falcons, Seahawks might have to throw” - but will this hold true for the remainder of the season?
  • Dorial Green-Beckham PHI [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing"
  • Torry Smith SF [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" - but what about Kerley?
Honorable Mention:

• Golden Tate - I am not a believer, looks like Jones has surged past and overshadowed him
Too Late - Cat’s out of the bag (at least in my two leagues these guys are long gone):

• Cam Meredith CHI
  • Chris Hogan NEP
  • John Brown ARZ
  • Travis Benjamin SDC
So in other words, if you need WR help on the cheap, offer trades for/add Corey Coleman and Dante Moncrief. 

@Ilov80s There is lots of "WR help on the cheap" on the WW IMHO.  I am looking for a WR that is a Champion Maker.

You said “I think CoCo has OBJ-lite type rookie value right now” - my question is:  Can he with the QB situation in CLE?

Does anyone have a link for player percentage owned that could be used as a guide for what players might actually be available in a lot of leagues?

There are tons of WR I could mention for this thread, but I don't have a good idea about what players might actually be available.

I did find this. I tend to like some of the WR who have been dropped recently more than the WR who have been added recently for the most part.

I would recommend Tajae Sharpe even though he hasn't done much the last two weeks and seems to have regressed since week one. I could still see him emerging this season.

@Biabreakable I'd rather not go through the time to edit the list based on some kind of consensus 'availability' - good idea though - I think breaking it down to "Potential", "Honorable Mention" and "Too Late" lists allows owners with variable bench sizes to find what they seek.

Do you have a link supporting your statement ""The coaches and Sam Bradford have all praised Patterson for his work ehtic and performance in practice. This is why he has earned playing time with the offense this season" - or is this your opinion.  Either way I want to believe you. :)

@Ilov80s There is lots of "WR help on the cheap" on the WW IMHO.  I am looking for a WR that is a Champion Maker.

You said “I think CoCo has OBJ-lite type rookie value right now” - my question is:  Can he with the QB situation in CLE?
I agree with you which is why I am saying CoCo of Moncrief might be the last shot at season changers for cheap.

Can a WR have a big year in Cleveland with bad QB play? McCown is coming back. If he gets hurt again, it does limit the  upside. You don't need good QB play or even a so-so QB play to get a great WR season.  Guys like Gordon and Nuk have proven that. McCown is plenty good for a WR to shine with. 

This Browns offense, despite all the injuries, hasn't been bad for WR production.  For standard, the Browns WR group is averaging just 2 ff ppg less per game than the NFL average. The leading Browns WR (twice Coleman, twice Pryor, once Hawk) is averaging 14.6 ppg. If I take out Pryor'a running and passing, it's still over 13. In other words, whoever is the lead WR for the Browns each week is a fantasy WR1. Can Coleman become the focus of the passing offense so that it's him and not Pryor dominating the aerial attack? Yes. I love Pryor as an athlete but we are talking about Corey fn Coleman. Give me one flaw. One arrow that isn't pointing aggressively towards Corey Coleman being a star. 

I agree with you which is why I am saying CoCo of Moncrief might be the last shot at season changers for cheap.

Can a WR have a big year in Cleveland with bad QB play? McCown is coming back. If he gets hurt again, it does limit the  upside. You don't need good QB play or even a so-so QB play to get a great WR season.  Guys like Gordon and Nuk have proven that. McCown is plenty good for a WR to shine with. 

This Browns offense, despite all the injuries, hasn't been bad for WR production.  For standard, the Browns WR group is averaging just 2 ff ppg less per game than the NFL average. The leading Browns WR (twice Coleman, twice Pryor, once Hawk) is averaging 14.6 ppg. If I take out Pryor'a running and passing, it's still over 13. In other words, whoever is the lead WR for the Browns each week is a fantasy WR1. Can Coleman become the focus of the passing offense so that it's him and not Pryor dominating the aerial attack? Yes. I love Pryor as an athlete but we are talking about Corey fn Coleman. Give me one flaw. One arrow that isn't pointing aggressively towards Corey Coleman being a star. 
@Ilov80s Excellent response, ty.

I guess Treadwell and Doctson are too far fetched 
I think so. Cousins hasn't been able to make much viable on that offense and the signs don't seem to point to Doctson getting healthier. Treadwell can't even get on the field. 

@Biabreakable I'd rather not go through the time to edit the list based on some kind of consensus 'availability' - good idea though - I think breaking it down to "Potential", "Honorable Mention" and "Too Late" lists allows owners with variable bench sizes to find what they seek.

Do you have a link supporting your statement ""The coaches and Sam Bradford have all praised Patterson for his work ehtic and performance in practice. This is why he has earned playing time with the offense this season" - or is this your opinion.  Either way I want to believe you. :)
This is what Norv Turner and Mike Zimmer have said in recent press conferences in regards to Patterson. I listen to all of these. I follow the Vikings more closely than any other NFL team. I wouldn't say that if it were not true. If it were my opinion, I would say it was my opinion not what the coaches have said.

The talk about Patterson in the past has been similar to what Zimmer has said about Treadwell recently. That he needed to practice better to earn playing time. So even if the coaches hadn't said this (which they have) it would be obvious that this is what Patterson has done to earn playing time, otherwise he wouldn't be playing, same as before.

There are a lot of these, but this is probably the most relevant one.

Turner: Consistency The Key To Patterson's Play

The question about Patterson happens at the 5:51 mark of the PC.

Transcript: Zimmer and Bradford Addressed the Media Wednesday

Q: Was Cordarrelle Patterson getting in the mix him earning the role or was it game plan?

A: I think Cordarrelle has done a nice job throughout OTAs, through training camp and through practices. So I felt like he earned some opportunities to get in there. When he’s had the ball he does good things, kickoff returns and things like that. I just thought it was another opportunity that we get another playmaker in there and hopefully he’ll continue to do the things that allowed him to get on the field and he’ll continue to go forward.
Bradford: We're Not Satisfied, That's Our Mindset

At the 3:35 minute mark Bradford talks about Patterson. He says good things about Adam Theilen obviously as well.

Here is an example of me stating my opinion prior to the increase in playing time for Patterson leading into the game against the Giants.

I haven't heard anything new in regards to Treadwell being closer to starting since Zimmer said that he needs to practice better to get on the field.

After the bye week seems like a reasonable guess if he is ready by then. I would think Charles Johnson needs to do something on the field to keep his playing time. I discussed this a bit more in depth in the Treadwell thread

I do think its possible that Patterson might gain more playing time before Treadwell if Johnson continues to not contribute, but that is pure speculation on my part based on Patterson showing some improvement playing WR in limited action so far.

Pattersons offensive snaps have been 5 then 3 then 5 in the first 3 games.

Charles Johnson has played 128 snaps over 3 games thus far which is 73% of the plays. He has 10 targets 3 receptions which is not much for the amount of playing time he has had. 

To put this in better context Patterson has 2 rushing attempts 6 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 14 yards for a total of 20 yards which is exactly the number of yards Charles Johnson has on his 3 receptions so far, despite playing 115 more offensive snaps.

Charles Johnsons 30% catch rate is the lowest on the team and he is only getting 2 yards per target, so unless Johnson starts producing more it is pretty difficult to justify the playing time he has received.
Notice how I said this is pure speculation on my part? It wasn't based specifically on anything that the coaches had said to that point.

After Patterson had 5, 3 and 5 offensive snaps during the first 3 weeks, he had:

Wk 4 36 snaps 49% 6 targets 5 receptions 38 yards 1 rushing attempt 2 yards

Wk 5  45 snaps 61% 6 targets 4 receptions 39 yards 1 YD 1 rushing attempt 7 yards.

Diggs being out is certainly a part of this in week 5 but he played significant snaps still in week 4. Diggs is playing the Z WR position and also plays a lot as the slot WR. In Bradfords PC he talks about them moving Theilen around in the absence of Diggs, as Theilen was more the direct replacement for Diggs, not Patterson. Jarius Wright played a lot for the first time in week 5 in Diggs's absence.

Patterson plays the X WR role more so than the Z. The increase in his playing time is more a result of reduced playing time for Charles Johnson than it is the absence of Diggs. So when Diggs returns, this will not necessarily impact Patterson's playing time.

I still consider Diggs and Theilen ahead of Patterson in terms of playing time with all WR healthy.

Another one for the "probably too late" list would be Michael Thomas.  I could see him breaking out after the bye, especially if Snead and Cooks continue to be hurt and/or unproductive.

Also like the Tyler Lockett call.  Was dropped for bye week needs in one league.

On Golden Tate, he's up to 27 straight games of <100 yards receiving.  Not liking that pick so much.  A breakout from him would defy quite a lengthy history of mediocrity at this point.

Curious to hear if anyone would put Woods in this category, or has he firmly established himself a JAG now?  Looks to be the Bills' leading WR option, FW that's worth.

One name that hasn't been mentioned is Kenny Britt. He has been very efficient this year. The Rams have some favorable matchups coming up. He hasn't had a TD yet which is why he's under the radar. Another reason is that their offense has been struggling and QB play. However he is getting targets and racking up yards so far.

Curious to hear if anyone would put Woods in this category, or has he firmly established himself a JAG now?  Looks to be the Bills' leading WR option, FW that's worth.
I had hopes Woods might step up his game, but we have seen this before. He is probably closer to JAG than to saving your season even if he steps his game up.  While we are discussing Buffalo JAG receivers, it is worth noting that the Bills reclamation project also known as Justin Hunter appeared in the stat sheets for Week 5 with a red zone TD. Hunter has the raw potential to elevate his game and emerge as a weapon for Buffalo. I won't be running out to sign him to even my deepest rosters, but his is a name worth indexing away. 

This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability , upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket WR" that could change an owners season.

HEY~!!  That bolded commentary looks eerily similar to something I wrote.     :P

Good topic sir.

Corey Coleman is the one I am pursuing, but I am "rolling the dice" and trying to wait until after this Sundays games. (I only need him in one league really, but it is my biggest league, where I am having a brutal bye week issue)

There is one you guys are missing, and it is a true "very late season possible league winner". In fact, he is a proven WR, and the talent is undeniable. When he gets his hands on the ball, he may well be as good as anyone in the league, but he just so happens to be currently on IR, for a team that is doing well despite having a glaring weakness at WR.

I am referring to SAMMY WATKINS .   The issue here is I don't think he is eligible to return back until week 12, but I would have to check that to be sure. For some of us, we may not even be in contention when that times comes, but I certainly plan on being there and ready to fire him up if necessary....do you?

His latest notes are - Dr. Robert Anderson determined that Sammy Watkins doesn't need a second surgery on his foot.   This is good news, as it may not be as bad as first thought. The odd thing about this is I never planned on owning him anywhere, but would up backing into snagging him as my WR3 in a league, and a WR4 in another this year.

Starting in week 12, his schedule looks like this boys.....

Week 12 - JAX

Week 13 - @ OAK

Week 14 - PIT

Week 15 - CLE

Week 16 - MIA 

(then the Jets if you play in week 17)

Notice the majority are at home, and virtually every match up is a good or even GREAT one. With 12-13-15 being almost as good as it gets. If this guy gets back healthy, he fits the brief of "game changing lottery ticket" in every sense of the word, and the team is starving for a good WR too. He is a proven stud, he just needs to only stay healthy.

By then most of the bye week headaches will be over, and we all should look to be stashing him in week 10 or so, and beat the crowd to the punch.

Regardless of who all makes this list, if he can indeed get healthy, this is one guy we simply can't overlook.  More thoughts later.........

TZM

Bump, updated my list based on recent posts, and gave credit to @TZMarkie for the definition of this thread ;)  - AND added L. Green TE as a Potential Season Changer.

To paraphrase @TZMarkie : "This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability, upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket WR" that could change an owners season."

Examples of previous Season Changing WR’s:

• 2014 Odell Beckham
  • 2015 Doug Baldwin
  • 2014 Brandon Lafell 
Candidates for Season Changing WR’s (or TEs) for re-draft 2016 going forward - Here is my Post-Week-5 list, loosely ranked:

• Cordarrelle Patterson [potential Season Changer] MIN - it would be an amazing story wouldn't it?  Talent is undeniable.  Is it possible Norv Turner is finally trusting him? per @Biabreakable "The coaches and Sam Bradford have all praised Patterson for his work ehtic and performance in practice. This is why he has earned playing time with the offense this season. Meanwhile playing time for former starter Charles Johnson has declined the past two weeks."
  • Jeff Janis GBP [potential Top 12] - per @stuckinthemuck "Who else is going to get the Packers offense back to 2014 video game output?"
  • Dorial Green-Beckham PHI [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" per @socrates "has lottery ticket potential and has shown some signs of life recently"
  • Torry Smith SF [potential Top 12] - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" - but what about Kerley? - though, similar to an HC/OC change, a QB change can change things dramatically for the positive 
  • Sammy Watkins BUF [potential Season Changer] - thanks to @TZMarkie for reminding me of him
  • K. Britt LAR - thanks to @ldizzle for reminding me of him
  • T. Lockett SEA thanks to @Dr. Brew
  • L. GREEN TE PIT [potential Season Changer] - All the talent in the world on a Top 3 Fantasy offense
Honorable Mention:

• Moncrief
  • Woods - but I don't see it - Watkins is the play in BUF IMO

• Cam Meredith CHI
  • Chris Hogan NEP
  • John Brown ARZ
  • Travis Benjamin SDC
Does the majority agree with my addition of L. Green TE PIT as a Potential Season Changer?

First off ... fantastic thread!

As for season changer, Parker > Lockett > Patterson?  I see Kearse being more involved in Seattle's passing.

In no order:

Britt/Quick

Torrey Smith with Kaep at QB

Tyler Locket- injury kept him lightly used

DGB- learning the offense no true dominant WR1 on Eagles

Justin Hunter- see DGB

Cordarelle- Seems like Minnesota more pass happy with Bradford. Norv hasn't had a QB with an arm for a while

Robby Anderson- WR for Jets might soak up most of missing targets for Decker

Jalin Marshall. Predicted to be back this week since they cut his replacement. Either Enunwa or Decker numbers would be really nice. 

Biggest concern with CColeman is the broken hand. Unless we have some CLE homers to provide behind the scenes medical insight, its tough to know how bad the injury was and where it really stands (pain-wise).

Britt is a really interesting follow. Fisher drafted him in Tenn in the first round back when, and he's only 28. His main problem has always been btw the ears. Has he matured enough? Could be a killer pickup and i hadn't thought of him.

Biggest concern with CColeman is the broken hand. Unless we have some CLE homers to provide behind the scenes medical insight, its tough to know how bad the injury was and where it really stands (pain-wise).

Britt is a really interesting follow. Fisher drafted him in Tenn in the first round back when, and he's only 28. His main problem has always been btw the ears. Has he matured enough? Could be a killer pickup and i hadn't thought of him.
The cast came off last week, everything is on or ahead of schedule. 

I know I have been splashing around in here for CoCo so let just deep dive this and get all in on the guy. 

Here is the full "Corey Coleman is 2016 OBJ-lite, buy cheap now or live to regret it."

Pro:  Look what he did in his second week as an NFL player. Forget the huge box score, look at the plays he is making. Very few WRs are capable of making the plays he does.  Note this all during competitive points in the game, no prevent garbage time. There aren't DBs falling down or blown coverages. Baltimore has been an average NFL defense against receivers. 

College: gaudy numbers, super efficient ypr, big time competition. Only thing average about his college resume was that he broke out at 20. That's not bad, just average for an NFL WR.

Physical: 5-11, 194  Certainly not too small to star in the NFL (same size as OBJ), especially with his 97th percentile SPARQ score. In a world of freak athletes, Corey Coleman stands out. Coleman jumped 7 inches more than OBJ in the broad and 2 inches higher on the vertical. Coleman has a lot of Steve Smith in his game as well. He did 17 bench reps (10 more than OBJ). So just strictly from a physical standpoint, he is a stronger more explosive Beckham. 

Skills, intangibles: The comments about him have consistently been as a high effort, super intense and tough guy. He doesn't have the routes a guy like Beckham has but he has a coach that seems to know how to get the ball to the playmakers.

There are too many signs there for him not to be a buy right now. There are never any guarantees in fantasy, but I can't think of a guy with this many green lights that can be had for so little in redraft. 

A Bump AND refined the lists isolating Coleman, Patterson, Watkins and L. Green TE as the top Potential Season Changers IMO. 

What possible Season Changing / Champion Maker (Lotto Ticket) WR's are out there on waivers (or possibly a buy low)?  WR's who could put up Top 5 WR numbers.  We are talking preemptive.

To paraphrase @TZMarkie : "This is for re-draft and we are looking for the ones with the best combination of availability, upside and possibility of a big workload. That combination would likely give the average owner the best chance at hitting the "lottery ticket WR" that could change an owners season."

Examples of previous Season Changing / Champion Maker WR’s:

• 2014 Odell Beckham
  • 2015 Doug Baldwin
  • 2014 Brandon Lafell 
Candidates for Season Changing / Champion Maker WR’s (or TEs) for re-draft 2016 going forward - Here is my Post-Week-5 list, loosely ranked:

• Cory Coleman CLE [potential Season Changer] - was starting to look good before injury - per @Ilov80s “I think CoCo has OBJ-lite type rookie value right now” AND "buy cheap now or live to regret it."
  • L. GREEN TE PIT [potential Season Changer] - All the talent in the world on a Top 3 Fantasy offense
  • Sammy Watkins BUF [potential Season Changer] - thanks to @TZMarkie for reminding me of him
Honorable Mention (top 12 potential ROS):

• Jalin Marshall NYJ - thanks to @fffan21 - but what is the argument for OBJ2014-like numbers?
  • Marquise Lee JAC  - @stuckinthemuck what is your argument for Lee's Season Changing potential?
  • Malcom Mitchell NPE  - @stuckinthemuck what is your argument for Lee's Season Changing potential?
  • Jeff Janis GBP  - per @stuckinthemuck "Who else is going to get the Packers offense back to 2014 video game output?"
  • Breshad Perriman BAL  - per ###3walkman "injuries at the position on his team are building. New OC might get him going" - I do like players whose HC/OC get fired mid-season, we usually see a boost in fantasy value
  • Tyler Lockett SEA  - per ###3walkman “Going against Falcons, Seahawks might have to throw” - but will this hold true for the remainder of the season?
  • Dorial Green-Beckham PHI  - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" per @socrates "has lottery ticket potential and has shown some signs of life recently"
  • Torry Smith SF  - per ###3walkman "workload keeps increasing" - but what about Kerley? - though, similar to an HC/OC change, a QB change can change things dramatically for the positive 
  • K. Britt LAR - thanks to @ldizzle for reminding me of him
  • T. Lockett SEA thanks to @Dr. Brew
  • Moncrief
  • Woods - but I don't see it - Watkins is the play in BUF IMO
Too Late - Cat’s outta the bag (at least in my two leagues these guys are long gone):

• Cam Meredith CHI
  • Chris Hogan NEP
  • John Brown ARZ
  • Travis Benjamin SDC
  • Coates PIT
  • Hunter Henry SDC TE - added after the Thur. Oct 13 game

I know I have been splashing around in here for CoCo so let just deep dive this and get all in on the guy. 

Here is the full "Corey Coleman is 2016 OBJ-lite, buy cheap now or live to regret it."

Pro:  Look what he did in his second week as an NFL player. Forget the huge box score, look at the plays he is making. Very few WRs are capable of making the plays he does.  Note this all during competitive points in the game, no prevent garbage time. There aren't DBs falling down or blown coverages. Baltimore has been an average NFL defense against receivers. 

College: gaudy numbers, super efficient ypr, big time competition. Only thing average about his college resume was that he broke out at 20. That's not bad, just average for an NFL WR.

Physical: 5-11, 194  Certainly not too small to star in the NFL (same size as OBJ), especially with his 97th percentile SPARQ score. In a world of freak athletes, Corey Coleman stands out. Coleman jumped 7 inches more than OBJ in the broad and 2 inches higher on the vertical. Coleman has a lot of Steve Smith in his game as well. He did 17 bench reps (10 more than OBJ). So just strictly from a physical standpoint, he is a stronger more explosive Beckham. 

Skills, intangibles: The comments about him have consistently been as a high effort, super intense and tough guy. He doesn't have the routes a guy like Beckham has but he has a coach that seems to know how to get the ball to the playmakers.

There are too many signs there for him not to be a buy right now. There are never any guarantees in fantasy, but I can't think of a guy with this many green lights that can be had for so little in redraft. 
Awesome drum beat for your candidate @Ilov80s

One problem with Coleman that I see is Cody Kessler.  I don't know that he is QB proof like Josh Gordon was in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread