What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bye week TE for week 9 WHIR (1 Viewer)

Phoenix212

Footballguy
I'm in a deep league and looking to pick up a bye week filler TE now for week 9 so that I don't get burned later.  Here are the options I'm looking at:

Vance McDonald vs. New Orleans

or

Ladarius Green @ Baltimore 

Both are gambles, with Green being the most uncertain.  Is Green worth stashing now for the potential upside once he's back to form?  Or is Vance the better/steadier option I should be looking at since Green will likely just be coming back for his first game in week 9?

WHIR

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knowing what other options you have neither are really worthwhile.  Of those two I would go McDonald because he has at least been on the field and is for sure the main guy when healthy.

McDonald but that's just because Green hasn't played all season. 

I'd rather wait and see what FA's there are that week, rather than stashing a player for the next 3 weeks 

Thanks guys.  Good point @DoseOfDopeness about waiting a while longer.  I'm just itching to do something because the rest of my team is relatively stable at this point.  I am so used to checking the waiver wire and working on trades that it is hard for me to sit still.

In any event, for those interested below is a list of available TEs in my league.  It's a large league so the pickings are slim, to say the least.

Available TEs (sorted by total fantasy points scored):

Jack Doyle

CJ Uzomah

Austin Hooper

Vance McDonald

CJ Fiedorowicz

Ryan Griffin

Marcedes Lewis

Garrett Celek

Trey Burton

Crockett Gillmore

Demetrius Harris

Larry Donnell

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Vernon Davis

Thanks guys.  Good point @DoseOfDopeness about waiting a while longer.  I'm just itching to do something because the rest of my team is relatively stable at this point.  I am so used to checking the waiver wire and working on trades that it is hard for me to sit still.

In any event, for those interested below is a list of available TEs in my league.  It's a large league so the pickings are slim, to say the least.

Available TEs (sorted by total fantasy points scored):

Jack Doyle

CJ Uzomah

Austin Hooper

Vance McDonald

CJ Fiedorowicz

Ryan Griffin

Marcedes Lewis

Garrett Celek

Trey Burton

Crockett Gillmore

Demetrius Harris

Larry Donnell

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Vernon Davis
I would hold for now... a TE may be dropped or someone could emerge with an injury. Re-asses this time next week

Users who are viewing this thread