What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twitter #RepealThe19th...huh??? (1 Viewer)

glvsav37

Footballguy
RepealThe19th (as in 19th amendment, giving women the right to vote)  has been trending on Twitter the last 2 day and holy crap...are we that stupid??  

First off, apparently it was started as a map created by a site fivethirtyeight.com that showed what would happen if only men voted, right next a map showing if only women voted. Innocent enough. the someone (LA Times) linked it to the hashtag and claimed that Trump supporters were actively trying to get the 19th Amendment repealed so that he can win. 

Que the firestorm. 

Honestly, how does anyone even think that having this amendment actually repealed is physically possible?? 20 or so days away, and Trump isn't even in any government position to even make this a remote possibility...as if it even could anyway.  If you read the twitter responses to it you would think that it was sitting on the presidents desk ready to get signed. I don't get it...why does anyone feed into this troll ####. It makes everyone look so GD dumb and completely clouds any reasonable discussion (as if it was possible anyway) about this election. 

and it also reminds me of this from The Man Show 

Conservative mindset. It didn't even have to be stated out-loud.

If anyone is ever against them (more women voting for the other option instead of theirs) they become the enemy.

Conservative mindset. It didn't even have to be stated out-loud.

If anyone is ever against them (more women voting for the other option instead of theirs) they become the enemy.
:lmao:

Yes, the left is so welcoming to those who disagree with them. 

FWIW, I'd guess that the percentage of people from either side of the aisle that think this repeal makes any sense is about .00001

RepealThe19th (as in 19th amendment, giving women the right to vote)  has been trending on Twitter the last 2 day and holy crap...are we that stupid??  

First off, apparently it was started as a map created by a site fivethirtyeight.com that showed what would happen if only men voted, right next a map showing if only women voted. Innocent enough. the someone (LA Times) linked it to the hashtag and claimed that Trump supporters were actively trying to get the 19th Amendment repealed so that he can win. 

Que the firestorm. 

Honestly, how does anyone even think that having this amendment actually repealed is physically possible?? 20 or so days away, and Trump isn't even in any government position to even make this a remote possibility...as if it even could anyway.  If you read the twitter responses to it you would think that it was sitting on the presidents desk ready to get signed. I don't get it...why does anyone feed into this troll ####. It makes everyone look so GD dumb and completely clouds any reasonable discussion (as if it was possible anyway) about this election. 

and it also reminds me of this from The Man Show 
"we" decided Hillary and Trump should be the main party options for President, so......

No one is actually trying to repeal the 19th, it's just the Trump mouth-breathers having another misogynistic tantrum. 

Deplorables indeed. 

No one is actually trying to repeal the 19th, it's just the Trump mouth-breathers having another misogynistic tantrum. 

Deplorables indeed. 
ummm don't you mean "Anti-trumpers having a feminist tantrum and/or diversion" 

no one from the trump side said or did anything to insinuate it, then eveyone jumped on it and made it trend like it was fact. 

Stop making everything a right/left, conservative/liberal, Republican/Democrat construct.

This is idiocy.  It is beyond the pale of all reasonable people.

Npr had interviews from a trump event the other night with two women arguing that women should not be allowed to be president "because hormones and stuff."

conservative/liberal,
When the en masse conservative bullying (even to their own) ceases, I'll absolutely stop the distinction.

Good with people having different views, but quit demonizing, threatening and making it us/them. I am an admitted anomaly among progressives as to how I speak in regards to that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the en masse conservative bullying (even to their own) I'll absolutely stop the distinction.

Good with people having different views, but quit demonizing, threatening and making it us/them. I am an admitted anomaly among progressives as to how I speak in regards to that crap.
:oldunsure:   You were the first one to post the divisive "conservative mindset" tripe in this very thread.  How exactly are you different from the other :hophead:  again?

When the en masse conservative bullying (even to their own) I'll absolutely stop the distinction.

:potkettle:  

:oldunsure:   You were the first one to post the divisive "conservative mindset" tripe in this very thread.  How exactly are you different from the other :hophead:  again?
Yes I was.

Which is why I stated... I am an admitted anomaly among progressives as to how I speak in regards to that crap.

Its true. But as I stated... When the en masse conservative bullying (even to their own) I'll absolutely stop the distinction.
So because, in your view, conservatives bully those who disagree, it follows that those with a "conservative mindset" are supporting a repeal of women's right to vote?  Do I have that right?

I'm with you until the "en masse" part - it's a vocal minority like most things.
The continual bullying?  It certainly vastly more (vocal) then those who talk against that bullying on the conservative side. Because they are scared to have the crap turned against them.

The happenstance at Liberty University was pretty amazing!  :thumbup:

Trump supporters were using the #Repealthe19th hashtag well before any of this.

Also, twitter is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and we should stop pretending to be shocked by the things that random weirdos tweet.

The continual bullying?  It certainly vastly more (vocal) then those who talk against that bullying on the conservative side. Because they are scared to have the crap turned against them.

Most normal people don't listen to those idiots or consider them worth listening to - I don't have a problem with people not speaking out against the fringe on either party because I don't assume it speak for everyone in that party - YMMV

There's a better chance of Russian Hackers monkeying with electronic voting machines than a repeal of the 19th.  I thought people were doing the 19th thing for lulz

It was interesting to see that if only men voted Trump just absolutely destroys Hillary.  I think the electoral map was like 350 to 188

Most normal people don't listen to those idiots or consider them worth listening to - I don't have a problem with people not speaking out against the fringe on either party because I don't assume it speak for everyone in that party - YMMV
In my anecdotal world, Ive seen my right leaning RL contemporaries get buried by "their own." And I've sadly seen most all go quiet around them when it happens.

Meanwhile I've never had issue with my fellow lefties on being pro-death penalty, pro-2nd and a believer of Christ. Though we have had discussions and debates.

In my anecdotal world, Ive seen my right leaning RL contemporaries get buried by "their own." And I've sadly seen most all go quiet around them when it happens.

Meanwhile I've never had issue with my fellow lefties on being pro-death penalty, pro-2nd and a believer of Christ. Though we have had discussions and debates.
No offense but your anecdotal evidence doesn't really sway me - I could point out that I live in Georgia which is Bible belt and deeply red (although I'm wondering if it will for POTUS this time) - I see Trump yard signs and know people who plan to vote for him.  I know exactly ZERO people who say we should repeal the 19th amendment.  I refuse to believe it's nothing but an extraordinarily small number of people looking to finally voice their crazy opinion or more likely trolls who don't believe a word of it but want to be trolls.

Wasn't meant to sway you.  Just let you in on my viewpoint (as we may be living in completely different worlds/societies)... as you had said YMMV. So I explained my mileage.

one time (not this election), i pointed out to my wife (who votes conservative) that her favored candidate would win if only men voted. her response was an icy stare.

Wasn't meant to sway you.  Just let you in on my viewpoint (as we may be living in completely different worlds/societies)... as you had said YMMV. So I explained my mileage.
I see you are in California - I think our little parts of the world are probably vastly different unless that's a real rural part of California.  Not that I'm in a rural part of Georgia but there's plenty of rural mindset (at least politically) in the burbs of Atlanta.

Stop making everything a right/left, conservative/liberal, Republican/Democrat construct.

This is idiocy.  It is beyond the pale of all reasonable people.

It's just what our dark overlords want us to do.  Argue over stupid #### while they continue business as usual.

Same as it always was.

Meanwhile "pumpkin" invades our lives at an alarming rate.

" After Silver tweeted the two election maps, it was likely enough Trump supporters joked about repealing the 19th Amendment to create a Twitter trend. But despite numerous media outlets reporting #Repealthe19th as a genuine call to strike the amendment, there didn't appear to be anyone seriously suggesting women's right to vote be rescinded in order to facilitate a Trump win. "

I see you are in California - I think our little parts of the world are probably vastly different unless that's a real rural part of California.  Not that I'm in a rural part of Georgia but there's plenty of rural mindset (at least politically) in the burbs of Atlanta.
Plenty of farmland and people detached from large populaces here. Actually, California has plenty of pretty much everything.

This is exactly right.  I've seen plenty aggressiveness and shouting down out of both extremes.  In my experience, there's little good that comes from engaging any of them.  It only gives them the idea that their stupid #### matters or is influential in some meaningful way.  Ironically enough, the only people that pay any sort of attention to any of them is the extreme from the other side....they all fuel each other.

No offense but your anecdotal evidence doesn't really sway me - I could point out that I live in Georgia which is Bible belt and deeply red (although I'm wondering if it will for POTUS this time) - I see Trump yard signs and know people who plan to vote for him.  I know exactly ZERO people who say we should repeal the 19th amendment.  I refuse to believe it's nothing but an extraordinarily small number of people looking to finally voice their crazy opinion or more likely trolls who don't believe a word of it but want to be trolls.
IMO it's only young Twitter users.

This controversy shows a lot more about how media people feel about Trump supporters than it does how Trump supporters feel about the 19th amendment.

Users who are viewing this thread