What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Accountant. New Ben Affleck Flick. (1 Viewer)

flapgreen

Footballguy
Loved this movie.  Best action movie I've seen in a long while, maybe since Edge of Tomorrow 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had stopped after the first teaser as the other trailers seemed to give a lot away.

Looking forward to watching it.  When does Ben Affleck sleep?

"Who was that masked man who rushed into the blazing inferno and checked the levels on the fire extinguishers and reduced the general clutter of flammable material in the building?"

"That was Risk Manager, son, and i'm thinking he violated several protocols in doing so. Look for a battle supreme with HR Girl over this one!"

Laugh at the title but this is a very good movie. Pace is good. well written(by action film standards),
and solid but not over the top action sequences. Two hours of entertainment and you don't leave the
theater going "huh" or disappointed.

Some good plot twists (one is predictable) but the movie unrolls the characters out and it doesn't feel
rushed or slow. The title and the B Affleck haters will probably keep this from doing any big numbers
at the box office. You don't need the big screen for this movie which is a point for how good the story is
versus summer time big explosion movies.   

Loved this movie.  Best action movie I've seen in a long while, maybe since Edge of Tomorrow 
It was pretty good. Some gaping plot holes that I had no problem ignoring for the fun factor, some fun ideas. But just very recently, I'd have to say I can easily name some better action movies:

John Wick, Kingsman, latest M:I at the least were all better. And that's without thinking too hard. Did that Denzel flick Equalizer come out after Edge of Tomorrow (which I agree, was awesome)?

And that's just addressing the "action movie" part of it, the story/mystery of it was pretty disappointing when I guessed only a few minutes into the movie that

Bernthal was going to end up being his brother, and that the little girl that handed him the puzzle piece when he was freaking out was going to grow up to be the British voice on the phone somehow.

It was pretty good. Some gaping plot holes that I had no problem ignoring for the fun factor, some fun ideas. But just very recently, I'd have to say I can easily name some better action movies:

John Wick, Kingsman, latest M:I at the least were all better. And that's without thinking too hard. Did that Denzel flick Equalizer come out after Edge of Tomorrow (which I agree, was awesome)?

And that's just addressing the "action movie" part of it, the story/mystery of it was pretty disappointing when I guessed only a few minutes into the movie that

Bernthal was going to end up being his brother, and that the little girl that handed him the puzzle piece when he was freaking out was going to grow up to be the British voice on the phone somehow.
Except for Kingsman,  I liked all of those,  too.  In these kinds of movies,  I have a pretty easy time ignoring plot holes. 

If you want to compare this movie to summer action-BIG BUDGET and big screen-movie(s) and say this is not as good,
that's fine. This is not a Summer movie or a late Fall we are going for an award drama. It's just a simple action movie
that probably spent 1/100 the money on ads and 1/25 on budget and delivers a good time. 

If your a movie-goer you won't be disappointed. If you only do "block busters" or big screen explosions, wait for the 
streaming/rental option. 

No. on the Batman voice and maybe Hollywood has run out of ideas but your not looking hard enough if you don't
find original good modern movies.

I liked Edge of Tomorrow alot. Kingman not so much.  For some reason I keep watching the Martian over and over. That was a great flick.  I'll go see this one.  

I can't believe we finally have a movie about a guy from Cranston coming out.  I'm just disappointed it wasn't me.  Bleed for me...

I finally caught this today and I was surprised how much I liked it.  I'll probably watch it again this weekend.

Watched this movie over the break.   Enjoyable popcorn flick and better than I thought it would be.   Definitely in the John Wick/Equalizer category of action flick, which I prefer over the overdone blockbuster blow-em ups and super hero movies these days.   

Aside from the plot holes, my only other nick pick is that Ben Affleck just does not have the range to play a character with autism.  Not convincing at all. Its as if he read one sentence in a manual that described autism as "not making eye contact and being a neat freak", closed the book, and just rolled with that. 

Users who are viewing this thread