Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legalize Stickum

SF Linebackers

56 posts in this topic

Anyone out there have any intel on who will be playing the ILB spots for SF this weekend? Been combing through what I can find and am starting to see Hodges name come up again as "PFF's top graded run-stopper" for SF who is expected to slow down McCoy. Currently sitting on Bellore and Wilhoite after losing Bowman. The situation has become mind-numbingly frustrating. Frankly, I don't expect much production from any of them against the Bills, but my pickins are slim. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Albert mcclellin could be a good one week stop gap, presumably playing 3 downs for an injured cj mosley. Erin henderson also 3 downs if David harris misses which he most likely will, unfortunately it's a Monday night game....perry riley could be another option if smith is out....just some thoughts. I'd stay far away from the San Francisco mess but you may not have a choice. All are crap shoots

Not sure if it's relevant or not for this week, but last week Bellore played 100% of the D snaps and Wilhoite played 73%. I don't any of them but I personally thought Bellore played a good game, but none of the SF coaching staff asked me for my opinion. :)

Yeah I don't get it either.  100% snap count and a bajillion tackles.  How is this even a question?  He doesn't have to be good, he just has to be on the field.

Two weeks ago Wilhoite played 100% of the snaps and had a bazillion tackles and poof...Bellore passes him on the depth chart. The week before Ray Ray Armstrong went down and Hodges took his spot in the 2nd qtr and had double digit tackles. Point is, 3 weeks in a row the guy we thought would lead the team in snap counts out of hodges/wilhoite/bellore hasn't done so, now all of a sudden you're sure? Paint me skeptical

Frankly, I don't expect much production from any of them against the Bills, but my pickins are slim.

This is the most important take away.  Buffalo a horrible matchup for LBs so far this year.  I'd look elsewhere if at all possible for this week.

Thanks for the responses, guys. To those asking why this is even a question, I give you Chip Kelly. To Robar's point, three weeks in a row we've been left thinking we know who's going to be in there and then Chip Kelly happens. It's really not a matter of who is good or bad, just who is going to actually play. That's why I was looking for some insider information. Kelly's a complete mess and so is his team. Thinking of staying away altogether given the poor matchup as well. With that said, Henderson does look good and Elandon Roberts is looking really good with Freeny on IR, Hightower hurting and Collins likely to sit. Good luck today, guys!

Thankfully, slim pickins forced me to keep Bellore in the game. But, man, the whole linebacking crew is woefully bad. At this point I just have to hope they keep trotting him out there. I guess I'll ride him until they bring the forklift operator from the local Costco in for a tryout. 

4 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

2 weeks in a row. He'll be in my lineup next week.

He'll be benched after this outing.  He was pathetically bad.

2 hours ago, Wooters said:

He'll be benched after this outing.  He was pathetically bad.

Didn't see the game too much on RedZone. Out of position?

The grades are in. Bellore with a 57.1 against the run and Wilhoite with a lowly 40.5 earning him a place on PFF's prestigious "10 Worst Performances" for week 6. Bellore is bad. And bad is sometimes good for fantasy football, until bad gets benched. I half expect the dynamic duo of Hodges and Skov next week. Has a nice ring to it, no? What a complete dumpster fire.

I just don't get why they hate Hodges so much. They brought him in from Minny then put Wilhoute in front of him last season. Start putting Armstrong in front this season. Then he gets hurt and Bellore immediately leap frogs him.like wtf.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Legalize Stickum said:

The grades are in. Bellore with a 57.1 against the run and Wilhoite with a lowly 40.5 earning him a place on PFF's prestigious "10 Worst Performances" for week 6. Bellore is bad. And bad is sometimes good for fantasy football, until bad gets benched. I half expect the dynamic duo of Hodges and Skov next week. Has a nice ring to it, no? What a complete dumpster fire.

is this free information? If so, can you post a link? Thanks.

Absolutely. Here it is. Just scroll down the headlines and you'll find a summary for each game with the top 5 offensive and defensive player grades for each team. You'll also see a top 10 best and top 10 worst performances report regardless of position. They do have a premium service you can purchase to get a grade for every player and additional IDP content. I haven't bellied up to that bar yet.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro/

1 person likes this

There's a hail Mary chance Tartt could get some more linebacker work. 

6 hours ago, Hilts said:

There's a hail Mary chance Tartt could get some more linebacker work. 

Picked him up a few places last week on the off chance that comes to fruition once he's healthy.  Don't expect much of a chance, really, but I'll let him ride the last spot on my bench a few weeks to find out.

Mass Raider posted in the snap count thread that he read that the niners were going to mess with a 4 man rotation with Hodges/Bellore/Wilhoite/Skov today with Hodges getting the most ooportunity....the stats bear out that that's what happened.  we'll see.

God what a nightmare.  I picked up both Hodges and Cory James a few weeks ago.  Started Hodges the week he go benched.  It's been James since then, but of course this week Hodges plays well and James got benched (yes, I started him).  So now I need roster space for some bye weeks and I don't know whether to keep James, Hodges or ditch them both.  There's nobody available at LB so I probably need to keep one or grab a low-scorer who is consistently starting.

I stand corrected. Bellore played 99%, Hodges 84%. Riley and,Smith both played 90 plus percent for Oak

3 hours ago, worrierking said:

God what a nightmare.  I picked up both Hodges and Cory James a few weeks ago.  Started Hodges the week he go benched.  It's been James since then, but of course this week Hodges plays well and James got benched (yes, I started him).  So now I need roster space for some bye weeks and I don't know whether to keep James, Hodges or ditch them both.  There's nobody available at LB so I probably need to keep one or grab a low-scorer who is consistently starting.

Im unloading James in my 12-teamsr, but uktimately the decision to do so depends on who you might replace him with.  I'm strong at LB, and need bye week help elsewhere.

I don't think James has lost all value, and he should have some good weeks going forward.  Just that the rush to crown him the next every-week starter turns out to have been premature.

Any snap count % for Wilhoite? I own both Hodges and Bellore so if Wilhoite is sent back to the bench I'm in business.

35 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Any snap count % for Wilhoite? I own both Hodges and Bellore so if Wilhoite is sent back to the bench I'm in business.

13 snaps from what i read

Bellore - 99%

Brooks - 95%

Hodges - 81%

Lynch - 64%

Harold - 35%

Wilhoite - 17%

Skov - 0% (27 ST snaps)

Tank - 0%

2 people like this

Any rumblings this week? I'm thinking about starting Hodges over David Harris or Melvin Ingram, but not sure if I should. LBs seem to do well vs NO

2 hours ago, WKTSWAY said:

Any rumblings this week? I'm thinking about starting Hodges over David Harris or Melvin Ingram, but not sure if I should. LBs seem to do well vs NO

With Bellore at less than 100%, I'm absolutely starting Hodges.

5 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

With Bellore at less than 100%, I'm absolutely starting Hodges.

As a Bellore owner, I'm encouraged he went from a limited to full participant today, but yes he's probably still not 100%. 

Taylor Price at 49ers.com reports "The 49ers rotated throughout the game at inside linebacker.  Nick Bellore  and  Gerald Hodges  got the start.  Michael Wilhoite  mixed in throughout the game. Hodges led the team with 11 tackles." Don't forget about the sack, Mr. Price. ShamrockPride nailed it with the Hodges call. I went with Bellore and came out alright with 8 solos. Looking forward to seeing the snap counts and who Wilhoite stole time from though he didn't do much with the time he got. In the end the LB rotation still didn't help stop a marginal NO rushing attack. Now what, Chip? Surely he'll keep us guessing...

God, it was frustrating to watch as a Hodges owner.  He did nothing for a long time but finally got going as Bellore kept getting taken out of the game with his recurring shoulder problem.  Hodges' sack was about the cheapest you will ever see.  Brees was in the end zone rolling right for about half an hour looking for a receiver.  Eventually he ran out of bounds with Hodges in pursuit.  He nudged him out about a half yard behind the line of scrimmage.  I was hoping they actually were going to give Hodges a tackle. When I realized it was a sack I was thrilled.

Yeah Hodges took a while to warm up last night. Had me worried. But they both, he and Bellore actually came out quite alright. Due to byes/injuries in my dynasty, I will be forced to start both this week, so I'm hoping for a repeat performance by the duo. Should be interesting.

10 hours ago, Legalize Stickum said:

Taylor Price at 49ers.com reports "The 49ers rotated throughout the game at inside linebacker.  Nick Bellore  and  Gerald Hodges  got the start.  Michael Wilhoite  mixed in throughout the game. Hodges led the team with 11 tackles." Don't forget about the sack, Mr. Price. ShamrockPride nailed it with the Hodges call. I went with Bellore and came out alright with 8 solos. Looking forward to seeing the snap counts and who Wilhoite stole time from though he didn't do much with the time he got. In the end the LB rotation still didn't help stop a marginal NO rushing attack. Now what, Chip? Surely he'll keep us guessing...

Bellore 90%

Hodges 62%

Wilhoite 25%

Tartt 29%

I presume Tartt played nickel and Hodges played mainly base except for the 9 plays Bellore missed.  Keep in mind that you can look at Hodges numbers two ways.  You can say wow, he only played 62% and still put up that stat line, imagine if he played the whole game....just remember that even though he "only" played 62%, that was still 54 snaps as the San Fran defense played a league season high 87 snaps on defense so if Bellore keeps the 3 down role and Hodges cedes some base snaps to Wilhoit and Nickel snaps to Tartt, then he will be very hard to trust moving forward in a game where the defense plays 50+/- snaps.

3 people like this

Robar - You make a great point about Hodges and his production given his "limited" playing time being due to the sheer amount of snaps the SF defense was on the field in week 9. However, based on what I'm seeing, there is no way on God's green earth the SF defense will be on the field for just 50+/- snaps on any given Sunday. They are averaging 71.3 snaps per game with their last three clocking in at 79, 75 and 85. They had 83 snap effort in week 2 and 76 in week 4. Their lowest was 62 in week 1 against a woefully inept Rams offense. Looking at their schedule going forward (aside from the Rams in week 16), the SF defense may as well pitch tents and get the marshmallows ready because they'll be camped out on the field. Of course, you ideally want a full time player, but with that volume you could argue that Hodges (or whoever starts at ILB) even at a 62% clip is virtually playing full-time snaps when compared to others across the league. Oh, and I’m fully aware that I’ll likely be eating these words after Week 10…

1 person likes this

So Hodges did another disappearing act this week.  Didn't score until the last drive.  I will be interested to see the snap counts.

37 minutes ago, worrierking said:

So Hodges did another disappearing act this week.  Didn't score until the last drive.  I will be interested to see the snap counts.

Started him this week...had more snaps than I thought.

Bellore - 75 - 97%

Brooks - 57 - 74%

Harold - 54 - 70%

Hodges - 42 - 55%

Carradine - 26 - 34%

Wilhoite - 12 - 16%

Shov - 1 - 1%

Bellore's been a godsend for me in more than one league this year.

Lost Kuechly in one, between plugging him or Shaq Thompson in.  Will probably just play it safe and play Bellore.