Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legalize Stickum

SF Linebackers

56 posts in this topic

I'm with you Nirad. Roll with Bellore... Keep an eye on S. Thompson. If he starts racking up tackles I'll pick him up. 

White career special teamer severely out snapping all clearly superior black guys. Isn't this what LeSean was talking about with Chip? Just an observation :tinfoilhat:

Nah, man. The reality is that Chip has just four ILB's rostered - three of them are white. In a 3-4, one of them has to play. It's just a matter of circumstance because none of them were playing before Bowman and Ray Ray went down. I'd be willing to bet Chip would give up all three of them to just have Bowman back. Any takers?

Hodges had a big game against the Jets.  Did somebody get hurt/lose their spot allowing him more PT or what?  Any idea if this has a chance to continue?  I am hurting since Trevathan went out and I've been picking and choosing at LB with little success.

5 hours ago, worrierking said:

Hodges had a big game against the Jets.  Did somebody get hurt/lose their spot allowing him more PT or what?  Any idea if this has a chance to continue?  I am hurting since Trevathan went out and I've been picking and choosing at LB with little success.

No, his playing time depends on matchups...sometimes under 60%, sometimes over 70% like last week.

It has been like that for the past 7 weeks and it'll be the same for the next 3.

Edited by Young 8

Any general thoughts on Bellore this week?  Fairly high floor, no?  Pretty safe as a LB3?

25 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Any general thoughts on Bellore this week?  Fairly high floor, no?  Pretty safe as a LB3?

He keeps playing 100% of the snaps like last week?  Absolutely.  Even if he's playing 75-80% of the snaps the answer is still yes.  Good matchup this week too.  Pretty easy to envision the Falcons scoring a bunch and then just ramming the running backs right into the middle of that SF defense to ice the game.  

Hell, this week any Niner defender that is in line to get a large share of snaps on D could be argued as a start.  Bethea, Bellore, Buckner and Tartt would all be guys I'd be considering starting heavily over iffy guys with meh matchups.

1 person likes this

Bellore with another disappearing act.  Awesome. :(

1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

Bellore with another disappearing act.  Awesome. :(

he got hurt and left the game pretty early

Edited by JoeSteeler

And of course... Those few points missed out on will probably cost me a playoff win. :wall:

1 person likes this

Yeah, saw that after I investigated a bit.  He had been stuck on 1 assist forever and knew something had to be up.

Fortunately it doesn't look like it's going to hurt me.  And Kuechly coming back just in time to plug him in next week over Bellore who'lll probably be out.

Brooks, Bethea, and Tartt all played some ILB with Bellore hurt and Hodges out.

Wilhoite takes an everydown role, I always thought Skov would come through, but Bethea and Tartt are the benefactors