What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Benching Antonio next week in non PPR? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Seriously, seriously considering it.  No Ben, have zero faith in Landry, and you know Bill B will make Brown the focus of the game plan (though LeVeon will be primary). Load the box and double Antonio.  Steelers are at home so that's a plus.  Maybe Patriots get out big early and play there's garbage to be had, but even then I expect it to be everyone but Brown.  Anybody else contemplating the same?

I think the Pat's game plan will be to take Bell and the dump off passing game away. Force Landry into longer throws and create turnover opportunities.

Brown owner here, and operating under the "garbage time gold" philosophy next week.

Seriously, seriously considering it.  No Ben, have zero faith in Landry, and you know Bill B will make Brown the focus of the game plan (though LeVeon will be primary). Load the box and double Antonio.  Steelers are at home so that's a plus.  Maybe Patriots get out big early and play there's garbage to be had, but even then I expect it to be everyone but Brown.  Anybody else contemplating the same?
Comes down to options. I don't have the luxury with my roster, if I did, maybe I would think on it. I don't see him having one of his "big" games but he could still catch a ton of high percentage, out-route type passes and end up with 12/90 with a shot at a score. So if you have options that you project doing better than that, sure consider it. Even in non-PPR, he's tough to sit, unless you're loaded at WR.

Wasn't he quite mediocre last year when Ben  went down? Granted it was Vick but that was rough last year. Hopefully this Landry kid is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure ya guys need to consider posting who it is exactly that ya would just as soon start over Mr. Brown  (auto-start on his shoes alone)  Im pretty sure some of us believe hes not Top 3 this week.  But he is a WR1 

OLine might be all pumped up to feed Bell   I would suspect 5-6 pass's with a score should be reasonable expectations

Pats will be up early, Landry will need to at least try some long shots playing catchup. Don't expect a huge game but I certainly wouldn't bench him.

I actually would consider benching AB.  Would be tough to follow through but I would consider it. I remember him being pretty bad last year with Landry.  The Pats especially, I see them shutting that connection down.

Question - who would be Landry's practice WRs?  What WRs is he rapping with in practice?

I actually would consider benching AB.  Would be tough to follow through but I would consider it. I remember him being pretty bad last year with Landry.  The Pats especially, I see them shutting that connection down.

Question - who would be Landry's practice WRs?  What WRs is he rapping with in practice?
Heyward-Bey or Coates?  I'm guessing one of these guys has a good game.

I just checked and actually, AB played 4 games without Ben last year, 2 with Vick and 2 with Jones.  Out of 2 games with Jones, he had a 6/124.  Not as bad as I recall. I remember AB not doing well with Ben out, but forgot that Vick got 2 of those starts.

Users who are viewing this thread