What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF Jets @ Cards (1 Viewer)

Great patience on that run DJ.

:wub:
Boy, you ain't kidding.  That was emitt smith-esque.   Who was that guy that used to always keep his hand on his linemans back and practically walk down the field?  Drawing a blank.  

I asked in the preseason and I'll ask again:  why weren't people talking up Johnson as a consensus 1-2 overall? 

God this guy's money.  One touch away from a home run from anywhere in the field. Gor him at 5 in one league, but he went #1 in my other. 

Hes a thrill to watch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked in the preseason and I'll ask again:  why weren't people talking up Johnson as a consensus 1-2 overall? 

God this guy's money.  One touch away from a home run snywhrre in the field. For him at 5 in one league, but he went #1 in my other. 

Hes a thrill to watch. 
Sophomore slump is usually a real thing. Clearly this guy is above that though.

God this guy's money.  One touch away from a home run from anywhere in the field. Gor him at 5 in one league, but he went #1 in my other. 

Hes a thrill to watch. 
Some of us where but it comes down to math: more non DJ owners than owners so more negatives than positives.  

Some of us where but it comes down to math: more non DJ owners than owners so more negatives than positives.  
Not a lot of fantasy 'sperts touting him. The consensus seemed to be 1. Antonio, 2. Beckham, 3. JJones, 4. AJ Green named a lot. 

If we drafted today, clear cut #1 overall. Elliott might go 1.02

it'll be interesting to see how things shake out in drafts next year. Seems like the top WRs have all be up & down while Zeke & Johnson are killin it ever week. 

Yes.   Good call
I posted about Holmes in another thread a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember why he came up.

From 2002 to the first 8 games of 2004 when he hurt his neck this dude scored 66 TDs in 38 games while also catching over 200 passes and leading the league in yards from scrimmage during that span I'm pretty sure.

FF dominance at the RB position that we will likely never see again.  Larry Johnson came in when he got hurt and was pretty dominant himself for a year or 2.

Priest Holmes had probably the greatest stretch run of any RB in FF history.

Not a lot of fantasy 'sperts touting him. The consensus seemed to be 1. Antonio, 2. Beckham, 3. JJones, 4. AJ Green named a lot. 

If we drafted today, clear cut #1 overall. Elliott might go 1.02

it'll be interesting to see how things shake out in drafts next year. Seems like the top WRs have all be up & down while Zeke & Johnson are killin it ever week. 
With dj and Elliot and bell and a few other elite rbs, and with a general "down" year of a lot of perceived great WRs, I expect next year to be a resurgence year for rbs.  I understand the shift in draft theory but, in my opinion, THE advantage you can get in ff these days is either Antonio brown, gronkowski, or a top rb.  You have a legit chance to win every week by starting there. 

Hes a thrill to watch. 
This is why I love auctions and as commish of my main league had to basically campaign to get the league to switch over several years ago. I wanted DJ more than any player in FF this year and he was worth every penny I spent to get him.

Also took him at 1.03 in another league.

I posted about Holmes in another thread a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember why he came up.

From 2002 to the first 8 games of 2004 when he hurt his neck this dude scored 66 TDs in 38 games while also catching over 200 passes and leading the league in yards from scrimmage during that span I'm pretty sure.

FF dominance at the RB position that we will likely never see again.  Larry Johnson came in when he got hurt and was pretty dominant himself for a year or 2.

Not to take anything away from him, but that dude was running behind d like 3 HoF O-linemen. That KC line was insane. He better have been good.

Priest was pretty nasty.  He, Marshall Faulk, Terrell Davis, and Arian Foster are the guys I think have given their teams the biggest solid run (at least two years here or there) advantage I've seen.  There have been great years and dominant ones here and there but those guys were like "I draft this guy.  Wake me up when the playoffs start."

Not to take anything away from him, but that dude was running behind d like 3 HoF O-linemen. That KC line was insane. He better have been good.
I don't care who he was running behind. Dude scored 66 TDs in 38 games and was going for over 2,000 yards from scrimmage.

Will Shields is a HOF. Don't remember who else was on that line and they were good but pretty sure 3 HOF is a bit of an overstatement.

This is why I love auctions and as commish of my main league had to basically campaign to get the league to switch over several years ago. I wanted DJ more than any player in FF this year and he was worth every penny I spent to get him.

Also took him at 1.03 in another league.
I really want to shift to auction. I've proposed it a couple times and it's been shot down.  

Being able to target a chunk of your budget to get the player you're highest on is sooooo much better than snake draft. 

I'lol put it up again next year. 

Priest was pretty nasty.  He, Marshall Faulk, Terrell Davis, and Arian Foster are the guys I think have given their teams the biggest solid run (at least two years here or there) advantage I've seen.  There have been great years and dominant ones here and there but those guys were like "I draft this guy.  Wake me up when the playoffs start."
Yup.  Tomlinson had some of those type of years as well.

True, but Priest was also a special player. Had a nose for the 1st down marker and the end zone. Great patience - so rarely stopped for a loss, even on a busted play. 

He was the classic "fall forward for 2 yards" guy.  If you started him in FFB you had a 99% chance at a TD, often 2. 

But yes - that was arguably one of the best run blocking OL of recent memory.

Yup.  Tomlinson had some of those type of years as well.
Yeah, especially that record td year.  Couldn't do anything except take your 4pm powder blue whoopin' every week.  Jamal Lewis one year, Peterson, of course.  A good number here and there.  Point remaining, an epic wr year feels good and is effective but an epic rb year almost absolutely clinches you are in it to win it.  

I don't care who he was running behind. Dude scored 66 TDs in 38 games and was going for over 2,000 yards from scrimmage.

Will Shields is a HOF. Don't remember who else was on that line and they were good but pretty sure 3 HOF is a bit of an overstatement.
I was close. Yup, Shields, and Willie Roaf.

I was close. Yup, Shields, and Willie Roaf.
Forgot about Roaf.

Ok, you're right. Like you said, still not taking anything away from Holmes but that was a hell of an O-line.  Those sweeps they ran inside the 10 yard line were just unstoppable.

Michael Floyd even playing, or have they completely phased him off this team?
Why you talking about a cardinals wr in a thread about all time great rbs?  

Ohh..my bad.  Lol, yeah, I hear ya.  Floyd is non existent.  You'd think tonight or never for at least one big down the field play, right?

Users who are viewing this thread