What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Wednesday look at Cash LU cores

Brady/Murray/Freeman/Gronk/M Bryant/NE- Will also use this core in some larger GPPs

Ryan/Murray/Freeman/JJones/MB/NE- Will also use this core in some larger GPPs

ADalton/Murray/Freeman/AJ/ MB/NE

Just can't see me getting away from Murray/Freeman at RB in Cash

Some possible GPPs

Bortles/Murray/ARob

Stafford/Martin or TB RB/Marvin

Cousins/Ware/Garcon

Mariota/McCoy/Walker

Taylor/Murray/JJones/Buff

Rivers/LBell/Hunter
I think McCoy is pretty safe for cash still too.  Could be a pivot off Murray for people.  Miami is bottom 10 each for yds/att and yds/game allowed, and Buff is #1 in these two categories. 

I think McCoy is pretty safe for cash still too.  Could be a pivot off Murray for people.  Miami is bottom 10 each for yds/att and yds/game allowed, and Buff is #1 in these two categories. 
I just worry about Taylor stealing a lot of those rush yards?TDs, if I recall he seems to play/rush well against Miami.

havent read any posts itt or got anybodys thoughts on the week yet.  my first inclination is to run it back with the tenn 'de' stack in cash games this week.  who's coming with me????

ok going back ot read the first 50 posts now...

Every time I have the ivc tool finish my lineups they have Marquis Lee in them. I know he is cheap but Bortles has been awful this year and Lee is probably his 4th read.Also can't decide on who to pair with Cousins in a gpp. Originally had Davis and Crowder but everything I read says Garçon is the play. And isn't it about time for Djax to go off??

Going to think out loud for cheap gpp options.  I am mostly looking for cheap Rbs, as I am looking load up at WR this week.  Not really looking at cheap TEs too much either, but will throw a couple out there.  Remember, my feeble brain can't handle the fancy sites and stats, I mostly am just looking at scoring allowed at positions, yards, yds/attempt, implied pt totals, etc.. 

QB (under 7K):

Kaepernick 6500:  IMO it begins and ends here for the most part.  For starters, he brings the rushing ability to the table, so that should bring the floor up a bit.  AT home, Hyde is dinged, and it's better to attack TB through the air, as they do cough up a fair amount of points to the WRS.  20pts and you are at tourney value.

Kessler 6600:  Just like the GB/Dallas game last week, my eyes keep coming to this game.  Problem is, it's looking like Pryor is dinged up, so that really drops his value, and make it so I am not looking him any more.  BUT, there are only two games that I saw where there are 2 teams going head to head where the D's are top 10 as far as FD points allowed to Qbs/game.  One is the SD/Atl game everybody is on, the other is this turd game.  Clev is #2 for most pts allowed to QB, and Cin is #7. 

RBs (under 6500):

Gio 6300:  Cleveland sucks and Cinc should dominate this game.  Hill has been dinged up, but Gio is out touching, looking better, and getting more RZ looks the last couple weeks, plus he is 500 less than Hill.  Cleveland does allow the 6th most rush yds/game.

Riddick 6300:  Keep track of the injury, I haven't looked at that stuff yet to be honest.  Wash is a D I circle every week, as they are one of the 4 Ds that are top 10 in yds/att, yds/game, and td/game allowed to Rbs.  We will get to another couple in a little bit. 

Coleman 6200:  Best boom/bust of this 6000 salary club.  Last I looked, Atl's implied total was at 30, so you have to think about getting pieces of that in your LUs.  SD gives up the 4th most points to RBs and the 2nd most rec yds to rbs.  It seems like Coleman has this fun e/o week thing going for his 20+pt games, so hopefully that keeps up this week!

White 6100:  Just like the Atl situation, you probably want to look to get pieces of NE's O where you can.  Pitt is #5 for pts/game to Rbs, #7 for yds/att, #3 for rec.yds to RBs.  He does get 7-8 rushes a game too.  Don't think Lewis is quite there yet, so maybe one more week of production from White?

J.Rodgers 5600:  the SF rush defense is THAT bad, folks.  Again, another of those Ds that are top 10 as far as yds/game, yds/att, and TD/game given up to RBs.  This is probably a must play if Martin is a no-go or limited.  Honestly, this is might be a good play in general.  Rodgers did quite well vs. a tougher Car D, so I wonder if we will see a KC situation even if Martin is a go, and they ease him in, especially if TB gets up on them early.

Ivory 5500: Jax favored at home, and as we saw last week, Oak rush D is as bad as their pass D.  This is the 3rd of the D's I have been looking at with Wash and SF that are top 10 in the 3 categories I listed.  I also found it interesting that Ivory got the RZ looks last week over Yeldon....

Duke 5300:  Not so sure on this one as much.  Cin. shows up in the top 10 for both rush yds allowed and rec yds allowed to RBs.  This is a game that Cleveland is expected to be dominated in, and they are losing options left and right.  Might be that Duke and Barnidge are all that's left for Kessler to throw to.  Has the boom/bust factor, but Cincy's D is getting healthier too. 

WRs (under 6K)

Of course, keep looking at Meredith and Thomas the other 2 that stuck out as I looked for cheap stacks:

T,Smith 5600:  Kaep comes in, and the WR targets even out and now Smith is getting looks.  Got a TD and barely missed on a 2nd last week.  TB can be attacked through the air, and are #9 for pts allowed to WRs, #2 for TDs/game, and #4 for yds/attempt to WRs.  They are also fairly tough vs. the run, so again, SF might have to take to the air at home.

M.Lee 4500:  Come on, he's 4500 and it's the Oak D.  They are allowing the 5th most pts to Qbs and the 3rd most points to WRs.  Hurns did see more action last week than he has all year, but Lee has also been producing.  Won't take much to get 3x value, and this is huge savings to upgrade elsewhere. 

TEs  (under 5000)

Again, didn't look too far here.  I might be damn near at 100% on Bennett this week unless Eifert is back, so didn't poke around a ton. 

Uzomah 4800: Clev has been torched vs. TE this year.   If Eifert is out, might be worth a look, but he hasn't produced much in other decent situations though. 

V.Davis 4500: Again, he's 4500 and if Reed can't go will be part of the offense.  Det is #1 for pts allowed to QBs and #4 to TE.

This week I am all about trying to get the WR studs going.  Using these options, I have been able to put together LUs with all 3 of Julio, AJ, OBJ for Thurs games, and getting Evans in there for other games.  Also have a Thurs LU I like that I was able to get DMurr, Freeman, AJ, and Evans in.  We will what I like as I tweak around more. 

Here are some stacks that are cheap (around 12000 total or less) and allow you to load up on studs:

Kaep + T.Smith = 12100

Bortles + Lee = 19000

Cousins + Davis = 11800

and the super duper, not the for the faint of heart special:

Kessler + Duke = 11900

If you plug all of these into the IVC (at least with just MT's projections last night) they are all starting at +2x for their combined projections.  I am curious to look at other projections and poke around more though

Here are my current 2 favorites for less than 15K that could easily reach 45+ points:

Brady + Bennett = 14900

Ryan + Coleman = 14900

Another cheap one that I am sure lots will be using for the Thurs-Mon slates is:

Hoyer + Meredith = 12600
I'd take a look at C Keenum at the low end QB

At RB I'd look at Coleman as well as he is a big part of the ATL pass game and SD is terrible, also Asiata/Booker and maybe even DWilliams

Hurns at WR as well as Lee, look for Jax to go more up tempo this week against Oak, also Woods and Montgomery (may have him in the running game with all of the injuries)

Every time I have the ivc tool finish my lineups they have Marquis Lee in them. I know he is cheap but Bortles has been awful this year and Lee is probably his 4th read.Also can't decide on who to pair with Cousins in a gpp. Originally had Davis and Crowder but everything I read says Garçon is the play. And isn't it about time for Djax to go off??
Jax has really tried to get Lee involved in the passing game early the last few weeks and he is the # 3 option.  He is also getting some shots lined up on the outside paired with ARob with either Hurns moving to slot or out with Green in the slot.  Word is Jax will go much more up tempo to try and held with the passing game as that is where BB5 excels.

I'd take a look at C Keenum at the low end QB

At RB I'd look at Coleman as well as he is a big part of the ATL pass game and SD is terrible, also Asiata/Booker and maybe even DWilliams

Hurns at WR as well as Lee, look for Jax to go more up tempo this week against Oak, also Woods and Montgomery (may have him in the running game with all of the injuries)
I thought Keenum again, but that game isn't the main slate.  If I am going cheap at for Thurs-Mon contests I am looking at Hoyer all the way. 

Jax has really tried to get Lee involved in the passing game early the last few weeks and he is the # 3 option.  He is also getting some shots lined up on the outside paired with ARob with either Hurns moving to slot or out with Green in the slot.  Word is Jax will go much more up tempo to try and held with the passing game as that is where BB5 excels.
Thanks for the info, I don't get to see much of the Jags here in Michigan.

fwiw i currently have lee in my 1pm only cash game lineup.  ofc the lineup will change like twice a day until kickoff but still...

DukeBroadway said:
I love Berry, but he is a liability in pass coverage, or had been in the past.  There was an article on arrowheadpride last year analyzing KC Defense with and without Berry.

Without Berry the Chiefs defense did significantly better against the pass, slightly worse against the run, and significantly better in points allowed on average.

Another quick comparison....

• The Chiefs with Berry held their opponents to less than their average passing yards61.5 percent of the time. Without Eric Berry they held their opponents to less than their average passing yards 100 percent of the time.
  • With Eric Berry the Chiefs held their opponents to less than their average rushing yards 69.2 percent of the time. Without Eric Berry the Chiefs held their opponents to less than their average rushing yards 37.5 percent of the time.
  • With Eric Berry the Chiefs held their opponents to less than their average points scored 69.2 percent of the time. Without Eric Berry the Chiefs held their opponents to less than their average points scored 87.5 percent of the time.
That's probably what I was seeing then.  The map is color coordinated and the it is mostly the same pinkish/greyish color, except deep over the middle where it's bright green.

Snorkelson said:
Lol, did I see a dgb shout out? There is your less than 1% guy for gpp.....
Yeah... I don't think I can roster him myself, but did think it was worth noting.  Someone's got to score though and he should get 5 targets.  I much prefer Lee, as has been mentioned by a few other people too.

Love this stuff, keep it up!  Let me guess, you are getting this from the site that would confuse Stephen Hawking?

I will figure that site out one of these days...
That is my favorite site right now.  It's resulted in some good calls, and some bad ones so far. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't roster Jones, not in any way worth it. The guy is terrible. 

Darius Slay has been murdered this year. Nothing to be scared of there. Cousins Davis is probably the stack I'm leaning towards. Very cheap and Detroit keeps allowing touchdowns to tight ends. 

Don't play any eagles or Texans this week and you will be much happier. 

Doug Martin still isn't practicing.  Rodgers may be the chalk of all chalk this week.

Edit: Hyde is going to be out too?  Mike Davis?  That is going to be one craptastic game.

That's probably what I was seeing then.  The map is color coordinated and the it is mostly the same pinkish/greyish color, except deep over the middle where it's bright green.

Yeah... I don't think I can roster him myself, but did think it was worth noting.  Someone's got to score though and he should get 5 targets.  I much prefer Lee, as has been mentioned by a few other people too.

That is my favorite site right now.  It's resulted in some good calls, and some bad ones so far. 
I am slowly starting to get it more, but where do you see the TDs in the RZ like you were talking about in your post.  I was looking at % of different passes, and target to the sides of the field, but didn't see anything about the TDs scored. 

All the J. Rodgers

FantasyLabsNFL: Doug Martin (hamstring) suffered setback, won't play Sunday

Cheap QB/Gronk or Expensive QB/Doyle

Rodgers/Murray

Evans, Julio, Cheap WR

Cheap K

Pats D.  Lets go.

All the J. Rodgers

Cheap QB/Gronk or Expensive QB/Doyle

Rodgers/Murray

Evans, Julio, Cheap WR

Cheap K

Pats D.  Lets go.
I just read through the Week 7 worksheet (love that read every Wed), and he had an interesting blurb about Doyle: Tenn is in the top the 1/3 at defending TEs, and have just allowed one top 10 scorer at the position this year.  Just thought it was interesting.

All the J. Rodgers

I dont see how  you possibly fade him in cash though.  He is going to have a monster ownership percentage, and at the price even another game of 3 YPC isnt a disaster.  It also lets you get Julio, and maybe even AJ.  I do think I will almost completely dafe him in GPPs though.  He will have the high ownership percentage and he is not good.

There are some interesting betting lines to watch right now.  85% of the action in the OAK/JAX game is coming in on Oakland, but they have remained an underdog.  NE opened a 7.5 point favorite, 88% of the action is coming in on NE, but the line has moved from 7.5 to 7 points.

Edit:  What I actually came to post was that Travis Benjamin hasnt practiced the last two days with a leg injury.

I cant do it, but I do think I would be more inclined to play Geno over Landry Jones.  Terrell Suggs is out I believe.  Everyone can feel free to pile on after last week, but I still think pass catching backs are a good way to attack Baltimore.   Yes I know what the numbers say, I think theyre "lying."  Geno Smith's limitations may force Todd Bowles to come to the same conclusion.  Bilal Powell has outsnapped Forte for two straight weeks.  Theres no way I even think about playing him in cash, but I do expect Ill have some exposure in GPPs.

Detroit is #31 vs wr 1 dvoa per football outsiders.   Is that Garcon or Jackson.   Which is odd cause Slay is a good corner.  #18 vs #2 wr and #32 vs othet receiver.   Could be a spot for Crowder. 
Probably Garcon but I can see that being a low-volume type gam

Jacquizz Rodgers is a must-play in all formats at 5600. He should get all the carries and is a decent receiver out of the backfield. I usually like to play RBs at home but can't get away from that price

Any Geno Smith believers in here?

Only 5K on FD.

vs Baltimore. 
I'm taking some shares...

They may just think 1 issue is the deep ball and try to open it up.... Of course they may go totally back to Rex-Ball but, they might not.....lol

Code:
My 2 gpp lineups
Bortles
Johnson  Ware
Robinson  Evans Ty Williams
Thomas
bryant
Bucs

Cousins
Freeman  Rogers
evans Hilton Garcon
Gronk
Nugent
Pats

Any Geno Smith believers in here?

Only 5K on FD.

vs Baltimore. 
Hard to ignore at that price point.  Seems that returning value should be easy.  Using Geno opens up some intriguing combinations.

Smith/Murray/Rodgers/Julio/Green/Evans/Rudolph/Nugent/NE...still $600 left over...hmmmmm

Smith/Murray/Rogers/Green/Evans/Garcon/Gronkowski/Nugent/NE

I think I am narrowing down on something like this for cash:

Bortles
Murray
Rodgers
Jones
Evans
Maclin
Pitta
Nugent
NE

The other way to construct a cash lineup that I have some interest in is something like this

Bortles
Murray
D. Johnson
Jones
Evans
M. Lee
Doyle
Nugent
NE

I'm seeing lots of Murray, starting to see more 'quizz, those guys are the chalk plays of the week along with Doyle. Seems like everyone has Evans too. 

I am liking some of my LU's that I'm making with Geno at QB. Don't get me wrong, I don't like him as a QB, but he should reach value at Qb at his low price. It sure frees up a lot of cash to stock up other places. Playing at home is in his favor and the ability to run helps. 

I agree Murray and Rodgers are the chalk at RB. I also like Meredith if you are playing the Thur slates. 

Any love for Gilisse or Matt Jones as pivots off Rogers in gpp? I have Jones in now but if I swap for Gil I can upgrade Evans to Green or Pitta to Rudolph/Henry. Thoughts?

I dont think Doyle is chalk.   I think Andy Lee,  maybe wrong said the Titans have been tough against TE this year on the Footballguys Rotogrinders show. I will probably go back to the Pitta well for a low end TE, potentially Vernon Davis. 

I dont think Doyle is chalk.   I think Andy Lee,  maybe wrong said the Titans have been tough against TE this year on the Footballguys Rotogrinders show. I will probably go back to the Pitta well for a low end TE, potentially Vernon Davis. 
Yeah, I posted that the worksheet said the same thing - decent vs TEs, and have only let one top 10 TE performance this season. 

I saw that Reed had a limited practice on Wed.  How is that situation looking - if he is a go, that takes Davis away too.  Dodds is high on Brate, but how many TB guys do we need in our lineups?

I am having a hard time putting both Rodgers and Evans in a line up together.
I was thinking the same thing.  Problem I was having is that right around the 8000 mark, I didn't see anybody else I like nearly as much as a Jacksonless Evans.  Cooper or TY I guess? 

I'm think I'm pretty set with these as my Cash LU for the week

Brady/Murray/JRoders/MEvans/Garcon/MLee/Gronk/MBryant/NE

ADalton/Murray/JRoders/AJG/Edleman/Garcon/Kelce/MB/NE

Any love for Gilisse or Matt Jones as pivots off Rogers in gpp? I have Jones in now but if I swap for Gil I can upgrade Evans to Green or Pitta to Rudolph/Henry. Thoughts?
Both are interesting.  I think LA had a little success with the run last week in Det, they just moved away from it.  Not sure on Gillesee. Honestly just don't know their splits or how they are used.  It's just that both Rbs are on road dogs too. 

I think a pivot off Rodgers might be from the same game - Hyde is out.  It looks like Davis got the carries last week and the RZ looks, and he is 1100 less than Rodgers. 

Why?  Expect GB to be up early in that game?
Done it a few times now, I think that game has more of a shot at being a shootout, the London games seemed to be as iffy as Thurs games, and NYG doesn't seem to allow a ton of points to QBs.

Seems I am going to crash and burn with the SD vs. Falcon game and 2, count them 2 low cost hopes...
Being able to get Ryan, Julio and AJ Green into the same lineup was just to tempting

QB Ryan

RB Murray and Rodgers

WR Julio, AJ Green, Marquis Lee

TE Ruldolph

K lambo

D Bills

I suppose I could drop to Patriots D and switch to Brady at QB if I wanted to hedge my bet in Cash :oldunsure:  

Seems I am going to crash and burn with the SD vs. Falcon game and 2, count them 2 low cost hopes...
Being able to get Ryan, Julio and AJ Green into the same lineup was just to tempting

QB Ryan

RB Murray and Rodgers

WR Julio, AJ Green, Marquis Lee

TE Ruldolph

K lambo

D Bills

I suppose I could drop to Patriots D and switch to Brady at QB if I wanted to hedge my bet in Cash :oldunsure:  
Lee and Rodgers are more than Hopes, they will be heavily owned in Cash LUs, I'd say outside of Lambo all of these will have at least 25% ownership.

My main cash lineup, using in 2 50/50 and 5 man league.

Cousins

Murray. Johnson

Cooper. Green. Thomas 

Davis

Myers

Tampa

If Davis is out will pull Thomas and adjust after adding Henry or Kelce.

My main cash lineup, using in 2 50/50 and 5 man league.

Cousins

Murray. Johnson

Cooper. Green. Thomas 

Davis

Myers

Tampa

If Davis is out will pull Thomas and adjust after adding Henry or Kelce.
is Thomas D Thomas-Den  or is that M Thomas- NO and is Davis V Davis-Wash?

Not much chalk here for a cash LU other than Murray/AJG, way too much risk here for my cash LU taste.

Users who are viewing this thread