What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Saints Thomas and Wash Davis. I'd think DJohnson, Cooper and Cousins are pretty chalky.
My bad didn't realize that was DJ at RB2, can't see Cooper seeing Ramsey all game as chalk and even though Det has given up a ton to QBs pretty sure the chalk at QB this week will be Brady/Ryan/Dalton

My Cash Game Core this week, I play 3 cash game LU's each week

QB-Ryan, Hoyer, Geno

RB- Bell, Murray, Blount, Ware, Rodgers, Davis

WR-Julio, AJ, Evans, Coop, TY, Jeffery, Cobb, Marshall

TE -Gronk, Henry, Doyle

D-Vikings, Denver, Patriots

K-Bryant, McManus, Succop

My bad didn't realize that was DJ at RB2, can't see Cooper seeing Ramsey all game as chalk and even though Det has given up a ton to QBs pretty sure the chalk at QB this week will be Brady/Ryan/Dalton
Thanks for the input. I could downsize Johnson to Freeman to upgrade at QB and replace Cooper with ARob or Crabtree. Think I'll still use it in the 5 man game but fiddle with it for the 50/50s.

The reason I am in on Cooper is I am hoping they try to have Ramsey cover him 1 on 1 all game. I think Coop will eat him for lunch myself. He is the best route runner in the league. A hobbled Jeffery schooled him last week in the first half, he did do better in the second half. Don't get me wrong, I think Ramsey is good, just not as good as Coop. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I am in on Cooper is I am hoping they try to have Ramsey cover him 1 on 1 all game. I think Coop will eat him for lunch myself. He is the best route runner in the league. A hobbled Jeffery schooled him last week in the first half, he did do better in the second half. Don't get me wrong, I think Ramsey is good, just not as good as Coop. 
I can assure you Ramsey will be on Cooper unless he is in the slot, do what you will with info

Any trust in Eifert this week? Practiced in full for the first time this year. If healthy, he should dominate the Browns like Reed did a few weeks back. Not sure if he will be on any type of snap limit though. At 6k he could have similar upside as Henry at 5800. 

Megla said:
is Thomas D Thomas-Den  or is that M Thomas- NO and is Davis V Davis-Wash?

Not much chalk here for a cash LU other than Murray/AJG, way too much risk here for my cash LU taste.
How about this lineup instead for cash?

brady

murray rogers

green evans ty williams

doyle bryant

pats

Going to put the Cousins lineup in a small gpp and see what happens

My two Thu-Mon GPP lineups - I found it very difficult to not play Jacquizz at this point in time.

a) Stafford/Murray/Rodgers/Tate/AJ Green/Jeffery/Kelce/Prater/Chiefs (also in one small cash game)
b) Ryan/Da Johnson/Rodgers/Meridith/AJ Green/Ju Jones/Doyle/Succop/Eagles

How about this lineup instead for cash?

brady

murray rogers

green evans ty williams

doyle bryant

pats

Going to put the Cousins lineup in a small gpp and see what happens
pretty dead on, outside of TWilliams and Doyle I figure the rest will be heavily owned, one of my cash LUs is close to this and I think that this week the variance at one or two roster spots is what is going to get you in the money.  My only worry with this core is having a TB RB and WR but SF is pretty bad and Rogers is so cheap.

One of my Cash LUs

Brady/Murray/JRoders/MEvans/Garcon/MLee/Gronk/MBryant/NE

Megla- What is your thoughts on the Cooper/Ramsey matchup? You may have some insight I don't know about.
My opinion is a bit skewed, I'm a Jags fan.  I know this, the first half of the Chic game was the worst he has played and the way he responded in the second half says a lot.  He basically shut Jeffery down and baited Hoyer into the throw on 4th and 10 to secure the win.  I wont play a WR he is shadowing.

Thanks for the insight. I value your opinion a lot. How do you feel about the Jags running game against the Raiders this week? The Raiders can definitely be run on. What is your thoughts on Bortles this week, a lot of people are talking him up. 

Thanks for the insight. I value your opinion a lot. How do you feel about the Jags running game against the Raiders this week? The Raiders can definitely be run on. What is your thoughts on Bortles this week, a lot of people are talking him up. 
The Jags running is BAD, real bad, I wouldn't play any Jags RB, no matter how cheap.  As for Bottles, there is a lot of talk locally about the Jags going more up tempo, no huddle in order to be more effective as these are the areas that Bottles excels.  if that comes to fruition then I can see Bottles being a good GPP play, but he has been much too inconsistent to use in cash

The Jags running is BAD, real bad, I wouldn't play any Jags RB, no matter how cheap.  As for Bottles, there is a lot of talk locally about the Jags going more up tempo, no huddle in order to be more effective as these are the areas that Bottles excels.  if that comes to fruition then I can see Bottles being a good GPP play, but he has been much too inconsistent to use in cash
Is this the week ARob finally looks like ARob??

I have a Bortles/Lee and Bortle/ARob lineup that I have been looking at all day. 

Threw a couple bucks in to have something to watch for tonight's game.  I tweaked the Brady lineup I posted earlier.

Ryan/Murray/Rodgers/Green/Evans/Montgomery/Bennett/Bryant/NE

Brady/Murray/Rodgers/Julio/Crabtree/Meredith/Brate/Nugent/NE

Is this the week ARob finally looks like ARob??

I have a Bortles/Lee and Bortle/ARob lineup that I have been looking at all day. 
A lot of what made ARob ARob last year was getting single coverage, mostly when the Jags were behind in the second half.  We wont see much of that this year with an improved DEF.

He is still the most targeted Jag rec and if they do go up tempo he should get 100+ and a TD.  He dropped a TD on the opening drive last week that ended up as a INT so I would imagine he will be much sharper this week

Going to Marquis Lee in cash seems really really thin. Tyrell Williams is 6,100 and has massive upside and a pretty high floor. Probably about as low as I'll be going in cash this week

An interesting note on Michael Crabtree.  Since joining the Raiders he has had 5 targets or less only 4 times.  Once was last week.  In each of the other 3 cases, in the following game, he saw exactly 11 targets.  The past two games were the fewest targets he has seen in back to back games, since joining the Raiders, with 11.  The next closest pair of games was 14 targets, which probably relevantly was also this season.  On 3 occasions last year he saw 15 targets in back to back games.  Definitely worth monitoring if his reduced targets are a trend going forward.

My personal feeling is Crabtree is the spot to attack for GPPs on the Raiders this week.  He also runs routes primarily on the right side of the field.  For reference, the passer rating to wide receivers against the Jaguars on passes to the left side of the field, which is where Amari Cooper runs the majority of his routes, is 85.2.  That is top 10 in the league.  The passer rating to wide receivers against the Jaguars on passes to the right side of the field is 135.9.  That is bottom 10 in the league.

I hate this but I keep coming coming back to Geno in most of my GPP's.  Using Geno and J. Rodgers gives you choice of pretty much any 3 WR and RB1 you want.

oh well, here goes nothing.

Also think Mike Wallace is a good sleeper this week, Flacco or not.

I hate this but I keep coming coming back to Geno in most of my GPP's.  Using Geno and J. Rodgers gives you choice of pretty much any 3 WR and RB1 you want.

oh well, here goes nothing.

Also think Mike Wallace is a good sleeper this week, Flacco or not.
It's all personal choice where you want to save the money. 

I think with the injuries there is a lot of value that has opened up at RB, WR, and TE.  I still have a hard time putting together too many rosters with super cheap guys at QB.  My worry this week that the upside of Geno is not there, it's the second lowest o/u for the week, and you will be going LUs that maybe went cheap at RB x2, and have a Ryan or Brady at QB. 

I wanted to throw a gpp together yesterday just to get a little bit of OBJ for fun.  I realize Davis probably won't do much, but it was too fun to have these WRs running around:

Ryan/Coleman/Davis/Julio/OBJ/Green/Brate/Prater/NE

I can see a lot of people going with Gileslee and Rodgers both in their gpps and having a QB/WR core like this for the week. 

Looking at that fantasy aces % for the Thursday gpp .  As expected, the cheap Rbs are very highly owned, as is Murray.  Again, this is just a snapshot of one gpp, but probably reflects a little what the masses are thinking:

Rodgers - 55%

D.Murray - 50%

Gillislee - 38%

Ryan and Green were over 20%, Evans and Julio were over 35%. 

As expected, looks like this is the week for going with the cheap Rbs and trying to get as many of the stud Wrs in your roster you can shove in there.  So not sure what the answer is for gpps.  Instead of D.Murray, throw a Johnson or Bell in there?  I think another way to attack it is to go a little different at TE/Def and stick with the mostly chalk plays at the RBs/WRs.

I am intrigued by going cheap at RB:

Cousins or Bortles 

Gillislee -  Rodgers

Green or Robinson -  Evans - Hilton

Gronk

4500 or 4600k Kicker 

Patriots D

Some main slate GPP LUs (stacks galore)

Rivers/Bell/Ware/TWill/Evans/BMarsh/HHenry/Bryant/NE

Mariota/Murray/Freeman/JJones/MLee/Crowder/Walker/Bryant/Tenn

Cousins/Murray/JRodgers/Crowder/Evans/TBen/Gronk/Bryant/Buff

Stafford/Muray/JRod/Tate/AJG/MLee/Gronk/Bryant/Buff- I really like this one

Dalton/Murray/Freeman/AJG/KWright/Garcon/Eifert/Bryant/Cincy

Bortles/Freeman/JWhite/ARob/Hurns/Crabtree/Gronk/Succ/NE

Brady/White/JRod/Evans/Garcon/Landry/Gronk/Bryant/Buff

NixonMask said:
An interesting note on Michael Crabtree.  Since joining the Raiders he has had 5 targets or less only 4 times.  Once was last week.  In each of the other 3 cases, in the following game, he saw exactly 11 targets.  The past two games were the fewest targets he has seen in back to back games, since joining the Raiders, with 11.  The next closest pair of games was 14 targets, which probably relevantly was also this season.  On 3 occasions last year he saw 15 targets in back to back games.  Definitely worth monitoring if his reduced targets are a trend going forward.

My personal feeling is Crabtree is the spot to attack for GPPs on the Raiders this week.  He also runs routes primarily on the right side of the field.  For reference, the passer rating to wide receivers against the Jaguars on passes to the left side of the field, which is where Amari Cooper runs the majority of his routes, is 85.2.  That is top 10 in the league.  The passer rating to wide receivers against the Jaguars on passes to the right side of the field is 135.9.  That is bottom 10 in the league.
I do all the Raiders writeups here at FBG and I think the Crabtree usage last week was just a one time thing because Marcus Peters shadowed him the whole game and Amari Cooper had a rookie (DJ White) on him the whole way. Definitely think Crabtree bounces back and gets 9+ targets this week.

Interesting that the Chiefs basically treated Crabtree as the #1 with Peters full attention.

Looking at that fantasy aces % for the Thursday gpp .  As expected, the cheap Rbs are very highly owned, as is Murray.  Again, this is just a snapshot of one gpp, but probably reflects a little what the masses are thinking:

Rodgers - 55%

D.Murray - 50%

Gillislee - 38%

Ryan and Green were over 20%, Evans and Julio were over 35%. 

As expected, looks like this is the week for going with the cheap Rbs and trying to get as many of the stud Wrs in your roster you can shove in there.  So not sure what the answer is for gpps.  Instead of D.Murray, throw a Johnson or Bell in there?  I think another way to attack it is to go a little different at TE/Def and stick with the mostly chalk plays at the RBs/WRs.
Good stuff. 

I included full Thursday FantasyDraft ownership in my Footballguys writeup this week. Might make that a weekly thing since I've been compiling it every week anyway. Murray had the highest ownership of anybody all season (64%). Rodgers was surprisingly low at 35%. 

Ware (15%) and Freeman (16%) were also top 5 in ownership, which was a little disappointing. Both are sharp plays this week and I was hoping they'd fly a little bit more under the radar due to the split touches in those backfields.

Good stuff. 

I included full Thursday FantasyDraft ownership in my Footballguys writeup this week. Might make that a weekly thing since I've been compiling it every week anyway. Murray had the highest ownership of anybody all season (64%). Rodgers was surprisingly low at 35%. 

Ware (15%) and Freeman (16%) were also top 5 in ownership, which was a little disappointing. Both are sharp plays this week and I was hoping they'd fly a little bit more under the radar due to the split touches in those backfields.
Where is that writeup located? I must have missed that. 

It is a bit disappointing, as those were top of the list for RBs for me this week.  I am still having trouble moving away from that core group of RBs, just seems like pts, Vegas, matchups all point to them: DMurr, Freeman, Ware. 

Last week was a bad week for TEs, but this looks like week that you could exploit some of those for a stack and differentiate yourself from the rest of the people using the same core group of Rbs and WRs.  I mean, if you are looking at your linuep and think guys like Doyle, Davis, Brate, etc.. have a chance to put up some points, maybe try to stack them with their QBs as their Qbs are also projected to be able to have good games overall either.  Smith/Kelce, Mariota/Walker also in play. 

Dunno, just thinking out load here.  Just might be a way to separate yourself from the 40% of people running a Dalton/Green or Ryan/Julio stack paired with Murray and Rodgers.

What's that site that shows line movements, betting trends, etc on each game? There's 1 really nice one and I just can't remember.

I am mostly dialed in to Murray and Rodgers to lead my cash games.   I will have a hard time being 100% on Rodgers if JC25 is out.   He popped up on injury report as questionable with knee swelling.  Wares value would jump and has a far greater chance imo to reach the endzone. 

Finally had a chance to play around with cash lineups assuming that Charles is out and for the first time all week I am happy with what Im seeing.  I can even get a non Geno/Mallet/Kaep QB and still afford Julio, AJ, and Gronk, or Julio, Evans, and AJ with a top tier QB

Where is that writeup located? I must have missed that. 

It is a bit disappointing, as those were top of the list for RBs for me this week.  I am still having trouble moving away from that core group of RBs, just seems like pts, Vegas, matchups all point to them: DMurr, Freeman, Ware. 

Last week was a bad week for TEs, but this looks like week that you could exploit some of those for a stack and differentiate yourself from the rest of the people using the same core group of Rbs and WRs.  I mean, if you are looking at your linuep and think guys like Doyle, Davis, Brate, etc.. have a chance to put up some points, maybe try to stack them with their QBs as their Qbs are also projected to be able to have good games overall either.  Smith/Kelce, Mariota/Walker also in play. 

Dunno, just thinking out load here.  Just might be a way to separate yourself from the 40% of people running a Dalton/Green or Ryan/Julio stack paired with Murray and Rodgers.
Thanks for the question about the article! I submitted it this morning and it somehow slipped through the cracks and wasn't posted to the site. Just contacted higher-ups and hopefully they will get it up in the next few minutes. 

I attached my FantasyDraft ownership numbers spreadsheet here in the meantime. It's probably most helpful for DraftKings, since the pricing and lineup requirements are almost identical (just with all the prices doubled and a 100k cap instead of 50k). But still gives some insight into who will be chalky and popular on FanDuel.

I agree with your thinking on TE being wide open and a potential point of differentiation if you want to roll out a pair of the highly owned RBs with Ryan/Julio or whatever. Aside from maybe Gronk and maybe Hunter Henry, I think ownership is going to be all over the board this week. TE is also the position I'm having the most trouble with personally and hope to look at it a little deeper tonight. On the surface, a lot of guys seem to have pretty good matchups and target potential but there isn't one that is sticking out as a much better option than the rest.

View attachment FantasyDraft Week 7 Ownership.xlsx

Wow - if seems like every time I look, that SD@ATL game's o/u jumps up.  It's at 54.5 now, folks. 

Problem I am having is on the SD side.  I like T.Williams, but his targets have dropped a lot since Gates came back.  Is Benjamin hurt?  If so, where does the top Atl go to?  I was really thinking about Gordon, but saw that his targets also have evaporated the last couple weeks.  I just don't know WTF to do with this game.  I think if we aren't trying to get a piece of this game in one form or another, we are probably doing it wrong. 

ive been seeing a lot of talk about ware if jc is out.  is there any concern he only gets half the workload?
I was on Ware even without the JC injury news.  I agree with Nixon that he is neck and neck with Murray this week if JC is out.  NO D sucks, and KC wants to run the ball.

Wow - if seems like every time I look, that SD@ATL game's o/u jumps up.  It's at 54.5 now, folks. 

Problem I am having is on the SD side.  I like T.Williams, but his targets have dropped a lot since Gates came back.  Is Benjamin hurt?  If so, where does the top Atl go to?  I was really thinking about Gordon, but saw that his targets also have evaporated the last couple weeks.  I just don't know WTF to do with this game.  I think if we aren't trying to get a piece of this game in one form or another, we are probably doing it wrong. 
I'm in the same boat on San Diego. Rivers is a nice play, but so are a bunch of other QBs so he's not finding his way into many of my lineups. Tough to figure out where the targets are going to go. Could be a shootout like SD vs. NO a few weeks ago and 5 different SD players had 7+ targets. And over the past 4 games, they've had a different guy lead the team in targets ever week (Henry, Inman, Williams and Benjamin all had 1 week as top target). 

Thanks for the question about the article! I submitted it this morning and it somehow slipped through the cracks and wasn't posted to the site. Just contacted higher-ups and hopefully they will get it up in the next few minutes. 

I attached my FantasyDraft ownership numbers spreadsheet here in the meantime. It's probably most helpful for DraftKings, since the pricing and lineup requirements are almost identical (just with all the prices doubled and a 100k cap instead of 50k). But still gives some insight into who will be chalky and popular on FanDuel.

I agree with your thinking on TE being wide open and a potential point of differentiation if you want to roll out a pair of the highly owned RBs with Ryan/Julio or whatever. Aside from maybe Gronk and maybe Hunter Henry, I think ownership is going to be all over the board this week. TE is also the position I'm having the most trouble with personally and hope to look at it a little deeper tonight. On the surface, a lot of guys seem to have pretty good matchups and target potential but there isn't one that is sticking out as a much better option than the rest.

View attachment 2865
That link didn't work, and I still don't see the article you are talking about. 

I hear you on the TEs, and it probably depends on which site you are playing, but a few stand out to me:

Brate - sees a healthy % of the RZ looks, and with the injury to Jackson becomes the defacto #2 target.  People will be playing the #### out of Rodgers and Evans, so he might be low owned.

Barnidge - seriously, HTH is left to throw to if Pryor can't go?  Gronk just torched them, and they should be playing catch up all game. 

If we are looking at higher priced guys,

Walker - will be low owned in tourneys after his dud last week

Graham - I think people will look off this game because of the low totals and Ds going at each other.  Still looks great, and is their primary target now. 

Yeah, sorry @KarmaPolicehaven't been able to get in touch with Dodds or anyone to get the article posted tonight. Frustrating. 

I'll copy and paste the ownership % for each position here. Sorry in advance if the formatting sucks.

QB

Own %

Matt Ryan

21%

Aaron Rodgers

15%

Tom Brady

15%

Andy Dalton

9%

Marcus Mariota

6%

Brian Hoyer

5%

Matthew Stafford

4%

Kirk Cousins

3%

Philip Rivers

3%

Blake Bortles

2%

Jameis Winston

2%

Alex Smith

1%

Derek Carr

1%

Drew Brees

1%

Colin Kaepernick

0%

RB

Own %

DeMarco Murray

64%

Jacquizz Rodgers

35%

Mike Gillislee

20%

Devonta Freeman

16%

Spencer Ware

15%

David Johnson

14%

Le'Veon Bell

13%

Melvin Gordon

9%

James White

7%

Matt Jones

7%

Jordan Howard

6%

Tevin Coleman

6%

Lamar Miller

5%

Todd Gurley

5%

C.J. Anderson

4%

LeGarrette Blount

4%

LeSean McCoy

4%

Jay Ajayi

3%

Christine Michael

2%

Mike Davis

2%

Terrance West

2%

Isaiah Crowell

1%

Jamaal Charles

1%

Knile Davis

1%

Frank Gore

0%

Justin Forsett

0%

Matt Forte

0%

Theo Riddick

0%

WR

Own %

Julio Jones

50%

Cameron Meredith

39%

A.J. Green

35%

Mike Evans

30%

Ty Montgomery

27%

Jordy Nelson

17%

Allen Robinson

12%

Alshon Jeffery

12%

Randall Cobb

11%

Amari Cooper

7%

Odell Beckham Jr.

7%

Golden Tate

4%

Marvin Jones Jr.

4%

Michael Crabtree

4%

Brandin Cooks

3%

Brandon Marshall

3%

Kenny Britt

3%

Tyrell Williams

3%

Jamison Crowder

2%

Michael Thomas

2%

T.Y. Hilton

2%

Antonio Brown

1%

Emmanuel Sanders

1%

Kendall Wright

1%

Rishard Matthews

1%

Willie Snead

1%

Breshad Perriman

0%

Davante Adams

0%

Marquise Goodwin

0%

Stefon Diggs

0%

Tavon Austin

0%

TE

Own %

Rob Gronkowski

31%

Hunter Henry

21%

Jack Doyle

8%

Travis Kelce

7%

Delanie Walker

6%

Cameron Brate

5%

Kyle Rudolph

5%

Zach Miller

5%

Antonio Gates

3%

Gary Barnidge

2%

Martellus Bennett

2%

C.J. Fiedorowicz

1%

Dennis Pitta

1%

Julius Thomas

1%

Vernon Davis

1%

C.J. Uzomah

0%

Jacob Tamme

0%

Richard Rodgers

0%

Tyler Eifert

0%

Zach Ertz

0%

DST

Own %

Denver Broncos

17%

New England Patriots

17%

Minnesota Vikings

11%

Cincinnati Bengals

8%

Baltimore Ravens

6%

Buffalo Bills

6%

Tennessee Titans

5%

Miami Dolphins

3%

Green Bay Packers

2%

Kansas City Chiefs

2%

Philadelphia Eagles

2%

San Francisco 49ers

2%

Arizona Cardinals

1%

New Orleans Saints

1%

Jacksonville Jaguars

0%

New York Giants

0%

ive been seeing a lot of talk about ware if jc is out.  is there any concern he only gets half the workload?
Yes, definitely a little bit of concern that if Charles was fully healthy that Ware might only see 50-60% of the touches and depending upon game flow and if he scored, he could have somewhat of a clunker splitting. I liked him even before the Charles news as a tournament play and didn't hate him for 50/50.

My take from the article that is still floating out there in the ether:

The return of Jamaal Charles has clouded the backfield situation for the Chiefs. But if you are Andy Reid, how do you go away from Spencer Ware as the lead back? He’s averaged just under 5.5 YPC over the past two seasons. More importantly, the Chiefs have won 13 of their last 15 regular season games by riding Ware. Ware also shown a lot of improvement as a pass catcher and is averaging 12.2 yards per target this season on 3.8 targets per game. Any tidbits we can glean out of Kansas City about how the backs are expected split touches in the days leading up to the game will be key, but the lack of clarity also provides a real opportunity in tournaments to get Ware at depressed ownership levels. If we _knew_ that Ware would easily lead the backfield in touches again, he would be the chalkiest  cash game play on the slate. The Chiefs are 6-point home favorites with a 28-point implied team total against an awful Saints defense. New Orleans has allowed a whopping 11 touchdowns to opposing running backs (10 rushing and one passing) through five games. Ware found the end zone and put up 163 total yards last week and has similar upside in Week 7, making him a great boom/bust option for GPPs. 
With the latest news (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article109719207.html), I think Ware would shoot up to the #1 RB option this week for me personally if Charles is inactive (though that would mean a bit more C. West). Even if Charles does end up playing, the news probably still puts Ware into the conversation for top back given his price compared to Murray. You really can't go wrong with any of Murray, Ware, and Rodgers this week and the decision on which of the 2 to play (if you're just doing one lineup) should come down to how much money you need to get the guys you like at other positions. 

Very nice!  Thanks for that info, Dan. 

There is not a lot that sticks out as far as RB plays go.  Honestly surprised that David and Bell's ownership were up that high too.  I think this is just a week to assume your RBs will be highly owned and diversify yourself elsewhere.  I just think so many of those RB matchups are too good to fade. 

There looks to be a ton of options for Qb-Te stacks and even a few QB-WR ones since the QBs are spread out. 

Users who are viewing this thread