What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 7 (1 Viewer)

wyattroa said:
I have a cash line at 143 and it looks like it won't cash...Crazy.. My other cash line was 136.
Same here, over 140 and cashed in only one $10 50/50 out of 7. Think you have a great week, then you see your account balance and wonder what the heck happened. 

I think one thing that has heled me on the cash game front is only having 2 line ups in play.   Last week i had a third with Alexx smith but weather and just not being sold made me eject.   Last week had  Brees/Cam,  this week Bortles/Brady.   I think moving forward i will  try to have one Elite QB LU and a midrange QB LU, with a core in both I feel solid about. 

It looks like all the salaries have dropped on FD for week 8.  Looks like a lot of the main guys have good matchups again too.  Also more bye weeks, so there are only 10 games for the main slate.  I assume that means we will have a chance to see scoring similar to this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of high cash lines this week, looks like a $65 dollar loss for me this week but I did win a satellite to the 1.5 mill NFL tourney that is worth $25.00 so looks like an overall loss of $45 this week.

really solid day for me yesterday on both FanDuel / DraftKings. Doubled or tripled up on nearly every GPP entry. Best roster was:

R Wilson (bleh)

M Gordon

J Rodgers

J Jones

A Green

J Edelman

J Doyle

M Bryant

Jets

yeah interesting week to say the least...

week 6 i said the optimal cash game lineup was pretty clear, yesterday not so much.  as a matter of fact this was the first week in a while where there where just tons of choices for a lot of lineup spots.  top of the lineup was pretty simple.  qb was basically brady or ryan.  i dont think anyone else made sense.  perhaps geno.  he looked like he was about to get it going.  tough break for anyone who went with him.  i never seriously considered him but after watching what little of the game he was in i think he was a much more solid choice than i thought.  especially bc using him allowed you to fit either gronk or a stud wr 3 into your lineup which is always sweet.

rb was almost as straightforward as last week.  some combo of rodgers, murray and ware.  really nobody else.  i think bell and dj were reasonable-ish choices but really saw no reason to pay up for them given that using 2 of the 3 i mentioned and spending the savings on wr seemed to make more sense.  though the appeal of them potentially catching 10 balls each was def there...

wr1 was obv ajg or julio and wr2 was obv evans.  i never even considered not having 100% evans.  wr3 ill be interested to hear what everyones thoughts were.  could have gone lots of ways depending on what you did with te.

te was so open this week.  there were legit plays at every price point.  k and def too.  normally theres a kicker that stands out above the rest but i couldnt see one yesterday.  defense again there were many legit choices at different prices...

in the last few weeks' reviews ive talked a little bit about sequencing.  i was on the right side of it this week.  last night i went through my 100 man 50/50s and looked back at the lineups that finished just out of the money in the 51-60 range.  if you havent done this yet do it today.  there are some excellent lineups there.  lineups i could have had.  lineups that were actually probably better than mine.  lineups that, if im being honest, used the cap better than me.  half my main slate cash games had michael thomas and delanie walker.  well if you had used doyle instead of delanie and paid up for a much 'safer' wr with the difference you would have probably had a 'better' lineup than me.  but those 2 guys both went way above projections so i cashed.  i feel like reviewing my lineups and making posts and having discussion like this on mon has defenitely improved my game.  thoughts?

Well, My Geno LU actually did best for me this week, even with him going out. Like you said it enabled me to play Julio, AJ, and Evans at WR, with Doyle and that made up for the loss of Geno. I would have liked to seen how he did the whole game, plus I had Marshall in another LU and that hurt him also.

The Thursday night lock killed me this week. I had Hoyer, which I thought was great value, then he gets hurt. Which happens so no big deal. But I also had Jeffery and that hurt. I made the mistake of putting Gillislee in at RB also, and would have changed him out, but couldn't because it was locked. 

I went with the Chalk at RB in Murray, Ware, Rodgers. I liked Blount a lot, but thought he was too risky for cash.

Julio, AJ, Evans, TY, and Marshall were my guys at WR. I had Brady at QB in 1 LU, so I had to go with Evans, TY, and Marshall in that one. Like I said, if Geno doesn't get hurt I liked Marshall to get lots of targets. 

TE- Doyle, Barnidge, and Bennett. Doyle was a steal looking back, but who really knows. I thought Bennett was also, and looked what happened. 

New England and Minn were my defenses. The only other way I was thinking was Denver on my Thur/Mon LU. 

All that being said I always play 3 cash LU's. I will usually always do a high/mid/low QB. I always stack that QB with a WR or TE. The reason is I also play these LU's in 3x, 5x, and 3.,5,10,20,40,100 man leagues. I will also throw each one into a GPP. 

I will say that the Chalk plays have been hitting pretty decent this year so far, but the weeks they don't that is when the 3 LU can really save you. It's happened already a few times this year. Another reason I like the 3 LU method, and use them in the contest I do, is that I only have to win 1 out of 3 and have a great chance of still breaking even or winning a little bit. That has happened 3 out of 7 weeks this year, and I have won money each time because the one that cashed also did well in the leagues and 3x, 5x slates. I think Dodds does something along those lines also. 

yeah i usually play 2 cash lineups and split them and use the 1pm only games for differentiation.  for example since there was no tb in the 1 pm games i went 100% murray and ware then used the main slate to get 100% rodgers.  same thing with evans.  easy to go 100% main when the 35% of your lineups in the 1pm didnt have him.  same thing with te for me.  i solved the te dilemma by splitting doyle and davis in the 1pm so that if they did do well i still benefited from it.

yeah i usually play 2 cash lineups and split them and use the 1pm only games for differentiation.  for example since there was no tb in the 1 pm games i went 100% murray and ware then used the main slate to get 100% rodgers.  same thing with evans.  easy to go 100% main when the 35% of your lineups in the 1pm didnt have him.  same thing with te for me.  i solved the te dilemma by splitting doyle and davis in the 1pm so that if they did do well i still benefited from it.
I do this to an extent as well. I usually play 3 main slates and 1-2 1pm, but I think I should scale that back where possible. This was a nice week to do that.

My problem this week was I didn't want to pair Rodgers/Evans or Hilton/Doyle in gpp or cash LUs and it probably cost me some winnings because of how I tinkered the LUs. I still did well, especially at 1pm, but lost exposure to Hilton and Evans because of it. Do u play these types of pairings, especially in cash games?

Overall I had similar players this week in cash games. Ryan Brady Geno main slate, Bortles Mariotta 1pm. Ware Rodgers Murray in most cash LUs. AJG Evans Jones Hilton but I did dig deeper here after them then I should have. Davis Doyle and 1 Gronk Walker. 

I definitely had Janikowski inserted a few times but ended up ditching him. Still amazes me how important K and D are every week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I do this to an extent as well. I usually play 3 main slates and 1-2 1pm, but I think I should scale that back where possible. This was a nice week to do that.

My problem this week was I didn't want to pair Rodgers/Evans or Hilton/Doyle in gpp or cash LUs and it probably cost me some winnings because of how I tinkered the LUs. I still did well, especially at 1pm, but lost exposure to Hilton and Evans because of it. Do u play these types of pairings, especially in cash games?

Overall I had similar players this week in cash games. Ryan Brady Geno main slate, Bortles Mariotta 1pm. Ware Rodgers Murray in most cash LUs. AJG Evans Jones Hilton but I did dig deeper here after them then I should have. Davis Doyle and 1 Gronk Walker. 

I definitely had Janikowski inserted a few times but ended up ditching him. Still amazes me how important K and D are every week. 
yes absolutely.  pairing teammates GENERALLY SPEAKING increases your floor and lowers your ceiling which is fine for cash games.  when i looked through the lineups and saw a few doyle-ty cash stacks i realized how great it was and was upset i didnt think about doing it myself.  it especially made sense bc luck figured to throw a bunch with only 2 legit guys to throw to, one of which was near min priced and plays an annoying-to-deal-with position.  it made perfect sense.

for obvious reasons you GENERALLY SPEAKING shouldnt do this in gpps.  and ofc im talking about non qb-receiver and d-k stacking.

Users who are viewing this thread