What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Jefferson MIA (1 Viewer)

loqutis

Footballguy
Where the hell is Tony Jefferson in this game? I can't find anything anywhere that says that he's not active. Yet I don't even see him on the field

He is on the field but Swearinger seems to be filling his previous midfield role.

He is out wide a lot.

Yeah, the last two games have had Swearinger essentially get the points that Jefferson used to get.   awesome, b/c this coincides with me trading for Jefferson 2 weeks ago.

He was the #1 DB in my league going into this week and now I'm going to be forced into a wait and see approach 

Mathieu had been playing deep safety weeks 1-4 as he recovered from his ACL of last year.  He was a horrible IDP option at that spot in those weeks.  He moved to slot corner after Tyvon Branch went on IR after week 4.  In comes DJ Swearinger who nobody would ever confuse for a deep safety, as his coverage skills are lacking to say the least.  So is that leaving Tony Jefferson way off the ball such that his stats dwindle down to nothing?

The Jets game was lacking opportunity, but I believe we may have already seen the high water mark for Jefferson.

Users who are viewing this thread