What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knile Davis traded to Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Interseptopus

Footballguy
No idea what the trade is yet but news coming in Davis is heading to GB

Update: Trade is for a conditional late round draft pick 

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of scenery might do him some good.  He went from being the direct backup in KC to like 8th in line, so there was something the coaches there didn't like.

Worth a speculative add IMO if you have a bench slot and can wait a couple of weeks while he gets up to speed with the playbook.  As stated above, Lacy hasn't been the healthiest dude this year.

Davis has exceptional in-line speed and has always shown to be very dangerous as a kick returner. But he has absolutely no ability to create his own space and often looks like he's running into a black hole at the line of scrimmage, even though any other back KC uses consistently churns out good yardage. Worst of all, he fumbles a lot, and I think that's why the coaches have simply never trusted him or used him much. They're just absolutely petrified he's gonna cost them the game any time he touches the ball. 

I haven't watched a lot of GB but I don't see an OL that's built to open holes in the running game. I'd be amazed if Davis does ANYTHING for them in the run game. 

What's Herschel Walker doing these days?
I don't understand this. Are you saying Davis is old? 

Knile Davis was a 3rd round draft pick in 2013. He just turned 25 years old. Eddie Lacy turned 26 this last July. He is a year YOUNGER than Lacy

I'm not one to make bold predictions when it comes to situations like this, but another RB the Chiefs traded for from Baltimore after he fell out of favor during his first 3 years in the NFL in turned out to be quite the specimen in the early 2000s. My point is, weirder things have happened. To shrug this off as "nothing to see here" is really foolish IMO. Starks took over the RB duties practically last year. The RB situation has been a mess. Lacy has gotten fat and slow and just doesn't look the same as he did during his rookie season. 

My opinion, Davis is an upgrade to Starks (who had knee surgery, out probably 4 weeks). Davis is younger and has an opportunity to flourish in an offense that historically has been very good. Worth a stash IMO

Green Bay needs bodies.  Lacy is beat up, Starks is out, they had to line up WR in the backfield last week.  Davis did have a string of a few good games early in his career.  A playing opportunity is there for him and if he takes advantage he could be a Starks replacement in 2017.  That said, he hasn't shown up for a couple seasons now.

Seems like a good move for them. Davis is similar size as Lacy so not as much of a change of pace but rather more of the same. Lacy has more wiggle to him than Davis has but if Lacy were to go down at some point I can see them having some success with Davis without it being a huge drop off. Davis has done well when given the opportunity with KC before, he was just behind Charles, Ware and West so not much of a chance to play there.

Lacy has been quietly terrible for over a year. Davis is a FA after this year. He's playing for a payday. Could be big 

Seems like a good move for them. Davis is similar size as Lacy so not as much of a change of pace but rather more of the same. Lacy has more wiggle to him than Davis has but if Lacy were to go down at some point I can see them having some success with Davis without it being a huge drop off. Davis has done well when given the opportunity with KC before, he was just behind Charles, Ware and West so not much of a chance to play there.
I disagree here. Lacy's probably got 30 pounds on Davis, regardless of what the roster lists Lacy's weight as. Plus, Davis can flat our run very fast, something Lacy hasn't shown at all, even when healthy.

They don't seem all that similar to me. Lacy more of the pounder, can make guys miss and is hard to bring down. Davis is fast, can't create on his own and is not as good after contact. 

That said, Green Bay did what they had to do with Lacy and Starks both injured. Worth a late round pick.

Lacy has been quietly terrible for over a year. Davis is a FA after this year. He's playing for a payday. Could be big 
Lacy has actually run pretty well to start this season. Averaging 5.1 per carry. It would have been nice if he wouldn't have hurt his ankle, but that's football.

Well perhaps Lacy is playing at 260lbs now?

At least as college prospects they were both about the same weight 230-240. Davis is faster but I don't think he is as elusive as Lacy. I see them as more similar that you do.

Davis gonna take over starting duties if-and-only-if he doesn't contract fumbleitis again.

Davis is strong and fast but as far as RBs go has the instincts of a mailbox. I also think Lacy is being sold a bit short in here since as mentioned above he's averaging 5.1 ypc on the season and he was leading all RBs in yards after contact going into last week's game. He's definitely overweight, I'd imagine he's playing at around 250 lbs. right now but he's still technically a good running back. He just loves food too much and right now his poor ankles are paying the price.

I suppose if Lacy's ankles don't hold up before Starks comes back Davis will find himself with some opportunity but I'm probably not rostering him outside of deep leagues.

I don't understand this. Are you saying Davis is old? 

Knile Davis was a 3rd round draft pick in 2013. He just turned 25 years old. Eddie Lacy turned 26 this last July. He is a year YOUNGER than Lacy

I'm not one to make bold predictions when it comes to situations like this, but another RB the Chiefs traded for from Baltimore after he fell out of favor during his first 3 years in the NFL in turned out to be quite the specimen in the early 2000s. My point is, weirder things have happened. To shrug this off as "nothing to see here" is really foolish IMO. Starks took over the RB duties practically last year. The RB situation has been a mess. Lacy has gotten fat and slow and just doesn't look the same as he did during his rookie season. 

My opinion, Davis is an upgrade to Starks (who had knee surgery, out probably 4 weeks). Davis is younger and has an opportunity to flourish in an offense that historically has been very good. Worth a stash IMO
He was making a joke. Lighten up. 

Speaking of jokes, did you actually make a comparison between Priest Holmes and Knile Davis? Holmes actually performed very well in BAL and was productive when given the chance.  Completely unlike Knile Davis. Other than that, they could be twins I guess...

Well perhaps Lacy is playing at 260lbs now?

At least as college prospects they were both about the same weight 230-240. Davis is faster but I don't think he is as elusive as Lacy. I see them as more similar that you do.
Jokes aside, I've heard Lacy described as a lot of things. But "elusive" has never been one of them.  :unsure:

I never got the impression that Davis was very good in the passing game, which is something that Lacy and Starks both seem to have.

Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter  6m6 minutes ago
Eddie Lacy didn't practice today, and a source told @Edwerderespn , "I can't see him playing'' Thursday against... http://es.pn/2dy2VxQ 
Hm..
Awfully short notice for Davis to get the nod. We saw Forsett play just after being signed but had 3 extra days to prepare and the load was shared. I would guess Montgomery gets used more, but he fumbled twice. This is going to be a fun one to figure out.

Awfully short notice for Davis to get the nod. We saw Forsett play just after being signed but had 3 extra days to prepare and the load was shared. I would guess Montgomery gets used more, but he fumbled twice. This is going to be a fun one to figure out.
Three-headed backfield comprised of Davis, Montgomery and Cobb sounds hilarious. 

Also, they promoted RB Don Jackson up from their PS.

Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter  6m6 minutes ago
Eddie Lacy didn't practice today, and a source told @Edwerderespn , "I can't see him playing'' Thursday against... http://es.pn/2dy2VxQ 
Hm..
This is one of the pick-ups the Sharks here like to describe as opportunity value. 

If Lacy can't go, Davis makes for an interesting desperation play for a couple weeks. Without Starks and Lacy, Davis becomes a starter. I suspect GB will go a bit pass-happy, and use short dump-offs in lieu of a true rushing attack, but for a team that likes to take deep shots, Davis should get more than a fair share of GL carries in any game he starts due to PI calls. 

Of course, GB also likes to throw on 1st and goal at the 1, so that may or may not pay off. 

Regardless, IF Lacy can't go, Davis is a flex start at worst for as long as Lacy is out. I don't see him blowing up as the next great anything - desperation play for GB, and semi-desperation play for fantasy geeks like us. 

yeah. comparing Knile Davis to Priest Holmes definitely qualifies as weird. 

He was making a joke. Lighten up. 

Speaking of jokes, did you actually make a comparison between Priest Holmes and Knile Davis? Holmes actually performed very well in BAL and was productive when given the chance.  Completely unlike Knile Davis. Other than that, they could be twins I guess...
Knile Davis was very productive (albeit not very efficient) whenever he got his chances in KC. 

Whatever you say. You can continue to be that guy or we can talk about how this impacts the fantasy football world. Your choice. I'll let you have the last word if you like even. Whatever works for you :thumbup:

How about Cedric Benson or Thomas Jones then? I don't think Dr. Brew was comparing Davis to Holmes as a talent (heck he's likely not even as talented as Benson or Jones), but sometimes these left for dead failed prospects resurface somewhere else and find success. It would be pretty cheap to find out if Davis could join that list, I'd imagine. Like I said, he's not a great back but he filled in nicely for Charles a few times and was productive (even in a playoff game).

Whatever you say. You can continue to be that guy or we can talk about how this impacts the fantasy football world. Your choice. I'll let you have the last word if you like even. Whatever works for you :thumbup:
Last word:  Try to cultivate a sense of humor. you will improve the quality of your life. 

Jokes aside, I've heard Lacy described as a lot of things. But "elusive" has never been one of them.  :unsure:
Yeah he doesn't really fit that profile but he actually has pretty good change of direction ability for such a big player and an excellent spin more to make defenders miss and help him break tackles.

It is a difficult combination to deal with, that is what makes him a good RB (as much as it pains me to say something positive about a Packers player).

Knile Davis on the other hand is more straight linish and doesn't give defenders poor angles the way Lacy can do at times. 

All of this is relative. James Starks is more of a slasher and so offers different skills than Lacy does, so to me more of a change of pace than what I think Knile Davis would be, as Davis shares more things in common with Lacy than I think Starks (or other players like him) does.

Users who are viewing this thread