What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Mike Davis, BAL (2 Viewers)

Seahawks had Carson, Davis, and even Collins at one point on the roster and still wasted a 1st on Penny. After throwing away 1sts on trades for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham in recent years. A couple great D drafts years ago and lucking into Wilson in the 3rd (after overpaying a scrub FA QB) is the only thing that has kept Pete Carroll from being a massive joke. Their resource allocation is awful. 

Seahawks had Carson, Davis, and even Collins at one point on the roster and still wasted a 1st on Penny. After throwing away 1sts on trades for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham in recent years. A couple great D drafts years ago and lucking into Wilson in the 3rd (after overpaying a scrub FA QB) is the only thing that has kept Pete Carroll from being a massive joke. Their resource allocation is awful. 
Don't forget about McKissic and Prosise.

Can't figure out how to embed Tweet, so from Bob Condotta:

Carroll says Mike Davis will continue to fit in to running back rotation even once Carson comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bears agreed to terms with RB Mike Davis, formerly of the Seahawks, on a two-year, $6 million contract.

The former fifth-round pick of the 49ers finally found a home and a role last season as the Seahawks' third-down back behind bruiser Chris Carson. With Rashaad Penny slated for a bigger role in Seattle, Davis moves on to Chicago to team with Tarik Cohen and whoever else the Bears add at the position. With Davis now in the fold, Jordan Howard can start packing his bags. The landing spot gives Davis sleeper fantasy potential assuming the Bears don't draft a running back that beats him out in training camp.

RELATED: 

Seattle Seahawks

Mar 11, 2019, 4:57 PM

Mike Davis gathered 19 yards on five carries while bringing in six-of-seven targets for an additional 17 yards Thursday in Chicago’s Week 1 loss to Green Bay.

Davis saw fewer snaps than Tarik Cohen (51-40) but was on the field much more than David Montgomery (27 snaps) and ultimately led the Bears' backfield with nine touches. He didn't exactly make the most of his opportunity, but Davis' usage was still telling. While many projected Montgomery to serve as the Bears' workhorse—and perhaps that transition will begin at some point—Thursday's carry distribution told a much different story. Davis and Montgomery should continue to work in tandem with Cohen filling in the gaps on passing downs, which makes all three of them rather difficult to trust for fantasy purposes. The Bears will take their act on the road against Denver in Week 2.

Sep 6, 2019, 12:57 AM ET

He really might continue to have value this year, especially in PPR. The deep throw in the red zone was interesting use, it was just a lucky play on the ball or he could have scored.

I have a feeling Davis is claimed on waivers, likely by Detroit, and plays a big role down the stretch. He’s a solid running back with three down abilities, and should at least form part of a committee. 

If he lands in Detroit, his familiarity with Bevell’s offense likely gives him the chance to see significant work rather quickly. 

So. Panthers. Current value takes a hit compared to if he'd landed in Detroit. But pretty much one of the better handcuff landing spots, right? After a few weeks, he's probably #2 over Bonnafon, right? Or is Reggie going to keep the handcuff-to-own status anyway?

So. Panthers. Current value takes a hit compared to if he'd landed in Detroit. But pretty much one of the better handcuff landing spots, right? After a few weeks, he's probably #2 over Bonnafon, right? Or is Reggie going to keep the handcuff-to-own status anyway?
Bonnafon is more talented & is a better fit with what the Panthers do.

At the very least, Bonnafon has a lot more headroom. I believe he's one of the better injury fliers in FF right now.

Bonnafon is more talented & is a better fit with what the Panthers do.

At the very least, Bonnafon has a lot more headroom. I believe he's one of the better injury fliers in FF right now.
Well, now there is likely two backs sharing touches in the case where CMC goes down. 

Moving both down the handcuff list.

Panthers RB Mike Davis has stood out as a "duel threat" in training camp, emerging as the clear backup to Christian McCaffrey. 

Panthers HC Matt Rhule complimented Davis' camp performance, noting that the veteran was "running" and "getting open." Having never received more than 112 carries in a season, Davis definitely wouldn't inherit McCaffrey's workload if the league's best running back missed time this season. But Davis, by all accounts, is ahead of Reggie Bonnafon in the backfield pecking order. 

RELATED: 

Christian McCaffrey

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Aug 25, 2020, 9:17 AM ET

Panthers RB Mike Davis caught 8-of-8 targets for 74 yards in the team's Week 2 loss to the Bucs.

Davis stepped in for a hobbled Christian McCaffrey in the fourth quarter and instantly picked up CMC's passing game work. Davis has now shown he candle handle that receiving work if thrust into the starting lineup, although McCaffrey's ankle issue did not seem as serious as other injuries across the league.

Sep 20, 2020, 6:03 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

What FAAB % seems right given the CMC news being out 4-6 weeks? He has some ok value regardless but with a lot of us suffering some degree of problem after yesterday, figured he seems to be possibly the top option this week (and maybe this season? Never know).

What FAAB % seems right given the CMC news being out 4-6 weeks? He has some ok value regardless but with a lot of us suffering some degree of problem after yesterday, figured he seems to be possibly the top option this week (and maybe this season? Never know).
I'm going in with about 60% of my budget..... Still debating that though.

My post in the CMC thread about Davis

People seem to be confused about his talent and forget he's more of an all-around back, not a plodder or pass catching back. Unless they bring back Reggie Bonnafon he's a guy who can handle 15-18 carries; throw in 5-7 targets a game and that's some nice opportunity there. I'd definitely put a decent amount of FAAB to get him, more than Malcolm Brown for sure last week.

I'm going in with about 60% of my budget..... Still debating that though.
seems high, dion lewis is the #1 WW option this week right? besides the CMAC owner you'd have to be very desperate at RB to expend more than 30 or 40% on a guy like davis

seems high, dion lewis is the #1 WW option this week right? besides the CMAC owner you'd have to be very desperate at RB to expend more than 30 or 40% on a guy like davis
I ask through the lens on the other side. I'm the Saquon owner and Lewis is already owned. Trying to gauge where others feel Davis is so I can decide if he's too pricey for my taste or if it's a good opportunity to try to go big and stem some of the bleeding in the short term.

You picked the wrong Davis!! ***Official Mike Davis Thread*** - What other Davis are you referring to? Corey? I guess it would be a bolder statement to tell people they picked the wrong Thomas in the Mike Thomas Cinci thread.

I agree with the above sentiment that I wouldn't waste much in terms of your budget unless you are the owner or need a good 3-4 week fix because your season is going bad and you are looking for a quick fix. 

Bump.... what is his value with CMC gone? RB2?  debating going after him in a league where I'm 2-0 but weak at RB right now. 

Bump.... what is his value with CMC gone? RB2?  debating going after him in a league where I'm 2-0 but weak at RB right now. 
The injury to CMac is a little worse then what was trickling out yesterday so Davis's value goes up a little. I am sure he is most people's top WW add this week and he might be worth 25-30% of your budget or if you don't have a FAB I would have him as the top WW pickup if you are in a position to get him. That being said it is risky because he probably will have little to no value when CMac returns. The Panthers could also sign a free agent most notably Freeman. Expect solid RB2 numbers and possibly low end RB1 numbers in PPR.

Got my full amount of FAAB, lost CMC and Mostert in the same week, debating whether to blow it all on this guy or hedge and try to get Jeff Wilson too, since I don't think anyone else is really blowing 100 on this guy. Only head of my 3-headed monster left is Aaron Jones and need to keep this train rolling. 

yoman said:
You picked the wrong Davis!! ***Official Mike Davis Thread*** - What other Davis are you referring to? Corey? I guess it would be a bolder statement to tell people they picked the wrong Thomas in the Mike Thomas Cinci thread.

I agree with the above sentiment that I wouldn't waste much in terms of your budget unless you are the owner or need a good 3-4 week fix because your season is going bad and you are looking for a quick fix. 
Knile, I think 

yeah I haven’t thought about him in years either.  He was really the bees knees for a couple weeks.

Knile, I think 

yeah I haven’t thought about him in years either.  He was really the bees knees for a couple weeks.
I was trying to remember who the other Davis was.. its been awhile. 

That was it. Very athletic RB in Andy Reid offense but not a very good RB. Very limited vision and change of direction ability.

I was trying to remember who the other Davis was.. its been awhile. 

That was it. Very athletic RB in Andy Reid offense but not a very good RB. Very limited vision and change of direction ability.
I had such high hopes from him as Jamaal Charles's successor

Spent 50% faab on this guy - 14 team league - 3 FLEX. 5 of my first 6 picks are out this week and beyond. Didnt see any other choice other than to overpay. Scooped Freeman last week for free.

Knile, I think 

I forgot about him - I didn't think you were referring to Corey. For a short time last year Davis appeared to have the inside track to become the Bears starter. I remember not being very impressed in his limited play but that was in large part due to the horrible offensive line and play calling.  

High Ankle Sprains are very tricky and easy to re-injure too. Mike Davis may have a lot of value for the next 6-8 weeks or longer. 

I had such high hopes from him as Jamaal Charles's successor
He was a pretty high draft pick. 3rd round same as Charles.  I was never fooled by him though.

Knile Davis is an example of a RB type that I usually avoid. Some exceptions for me have been Dettick Henry, D'Onta Foreman. Andre Williams, AJ Dillon. I think Williams perhaps the closest of them to what Knile Davis could do. I think Henry and Foreman have a lot more wiggle for big RB than Davis or Williams had. Jury still out on Dillon but I have been willing to look past the archetype in his case.

Mike Davis on the other hand fits the profile I am generally looking for in a RB. Slasher complete RB runs inside out can catch the ball and do most everything you would want a RB to do. His biggest problem has been injuries.

Chargers this week sucks but then: 

ARI / ATL / CHI / NO / ATL

Kinda hard to imagine a scenario where he's not at least a strong PPR RB2 if not an RB1 through that stretch (assuming RUN CMC is out till week 9 

High Ankle Sprains are very tricky and easy to re-injure too. Mike Davis may have a lot of value for the next 6-8 weeks or longer. 
while this is true, CMC seems to be an absolute freak and i'd hedge my bets more towards 4 weeks instead of 8+. BUT, lets open the looking glass up a little. We have already had this many injuries through just two weeks. Who's to say your RB (the non CMC owners) doesn't go down as well?  Its not just "bad luck" that there have been so many injuries through 2 weeks, its the lack of an actual offseason/preseason.

This guy is an obvious move for the CMC owners, but a really good move for any owner wanting RB2+ security while CMC is out for a minimum of 2-4 weeks and a max of 8+. 3 down pass catching rb on a team with a horrible defense? Check.  Literally has no competition? Check. Will probably be playing from behind or in shoot outs all year long? Check.  Situation + opportunity = fantasy gold.  This is exactly what you hope to find on the waiver wire, but this one comes with a clock. Only question is, how long does it last? Who knows, but run with it before he turns back into a pumpkin. 🤷‍♂️

Dead on.

Another factor to consider is that they are a bad team. Let’s say CMC misses the next 3 weeks and they go 0-3 during that time which would put them at 0-5. At that point the season is pretty much over so why not err on the side of caution and hold him out until you are sure he is 100% healthy? They would have no incentive to rush him back.

Dead on.

Another factor to consider is that they are a bad team. Let’s say CMC misses the next 3 weeks and they go 0-3 during that time which would put them at 0-5. At that point the season is pretty much over so why not err on the side of caution and hold him out until you are sure he is 100% healthy? They would have no incentive to rush him back.
Excellent points.  Davis holds some value even when CMC comes back. Might be able to sell him to the CMC owner for a decent return.

Users who are viewing this thread