David Dodds

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS

2,451 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chaos Commish said:

As I read more and consider options while tweaking 40 lineups, I find myself pretty committed to Blake and Valuncianus, sticking with Ingram, Clarkson and Rivers from the previous post, backing off Hardaway a little. As a Laker fan hoping Kuzma is the real thing. 

Also, off to Staples in a minute here, so good luck all.

Have fun. Your Lakers should be entertaining this year even if they don't win a bunch of games. 

played the freeroll and $1 gpp on FD

westy beverly clarkson williams ingram miles griffin melo valanciunas

good luck all

1 person likes this

glad I put that in the $1 gpp- 315.7 (70 of 29761) cashed for $20

1 person likes this

Won my cash games, lost my GPPs but still netted positive. I'm only playing a tiny amount right now tho. 

3 hours ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

Won my cash games, lost my GPPs but still netted positive. I'm only playing a tiny amount right now tho. 

Was near even in GPPs and chose a h2h lu similar to RW's above but for DK so that went well. I'm up 300 in three nights of play and not loving this slate tonight. The players I'd like key on are mostly on the road which is contrary to my typical approach to larger slates. I like shooters at home. Some very high totals tonight so I'm starting by focusing on them. GS@NO, POR@IND and OR@BK all over 220. Games @PHO and @PHI - 217, 218. Filtering those 5 games and I'm starting with something like this:

Darren Collison, Jordan Clarkson, Maurice Harkless, Trevor Booker, Nikola Vucevic, Devin Booker, Robert Covington, DeMarcus Cousins

Without Boogie there's plenty of $ to work with. I feel locked on Vucevic, DBooker and Collison. 

8 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

Was near even in GPPs and chose a h2h lu similar to RW's above but for DK so that went well. I'm up 300 in three nights of play and not loving this slate tonight. The players I'd like key on are mostly on the road which is contrary to my typical approach to larger slates. I like shooters at home. Some very high totals tonight so I'm starting by focusing on them. GS@NO, POR@IND and OR@BK all over 220. Games @PHO and @PHI - 217, 218. Filtering those 5 games and I'm starting with something like this:

Darren Collison, Jordan Clarkson, Maurice Harkless, Trevor Booker, Nikola Vucevic, Devin Booker, Robert Covington, DeMarcus Cousins

Without Boogie there's plenty of $ to work with. I feel locked on Vucevic, DBooker and Collison. 

I haven't really looked yet. What are your initial thoughts on your Lakers? Lonzo is going to have some tough nights thanks so his dad I think. Can anyone there handle a front-line, physical big man?

45 minutes ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

I haven't really looked yet. What are your initial thoughts on your Lakers? Lonzo is going to have some tough nights thanks so his dad I think. Can anyone there handle a front-line, physical big man?

My thoughts won't pass the language filter here. LA is weak inside. Lopez is a plodder. Starting Nance and Deng with him makes for a physically inadequate defense (fitting the Lakers recent approach), but Randle and Lopez occupy the same space offensively making sense of the rotation (ya know, for the Lakers). An equal concern is the perimeter D (which is improved by Laker standards but easily the worst in the league). If the Clips were shooters that would have been much more disgusting. Bledsoe is firing at will and DBooker can be spectacular outside so. 

Ball is going to be fine (for a Laker). He plays smart on defense and has some chops there (just not so much on the perimeter where he plays). He won't face Beverley or the like that often. Tonight could be a good one for him. I like his calm, hate his shooting form, wish he shot more, interested going fwd for sure (for a Laker fan anyway). 

24 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

My thoughts won't pass the language filter here. LA is weak inside. Lopez is a plodder. Starting Nance and Deng with him makes for a physically inadequate defense (fitting the Lakers recent approach), but Randle and Lopez occupy the same space offensively making sense of the rotation (ya know, for the Lakers). An equal concern is the perimeter D (which is improved by Laker standards but easily the worst in the league). If the Clips were shooters that would have been much more disgusting. Bledsoe is firing at will and DBooker can be spectacular outside so. 

Ball is going to be fine (for a Laker). He plays smart on defense and has some chops there (just not so much on the perimeter where he plays). He won't face Beverley or the like that often. Tonight could be a good one for him. I like his calm, hate his shooting form, wish he shot more, interested going fwd for sure (for a Laker fan anyway). 

2nd half last year I just blindly inserted any big, physical rebounder-type that faced the Lakers. I may do that again this year. 

I like Lonzo, both his game and what I've seen of his personality. I think he's just going to have a hit list problem thanks to his dad, not necessarily on the offensive end. But defensively I fear Westbrook (whom is apparently worse than Lonzo per LaVar), Curry, etc. are just going to murder him. 

I'm starting with Payton+Vucevic. Hield ,Brown and Crabbe could be good cheap plays. LeBron and Brow in play too.

Edited by Raging weasel

My lunch time placeholder:

Bledsoe/Collison

Booker/Ross

Tatum/Covington

Simmons/Crowder

Vuc

Feels too variable for cash but not variable enough for GPP.