What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (2 Viewers)

yeah jr smith seems like a lock as hes averaged 32.2% usage and .91 fp/min over the last 2 years with the big 3 off the court.

yeah jr smith seems like a lock as hes averaged 32.2% usage and .91 fp/min over the last 2 years with the big 3 off the court.
I have no reason to doubt your math. All I know is that nobody, and I mean nobody, was happier to hear that the big 3 are sitting tonight. He may not hit 1 bucket, turn it over 12 times, and commit 5 stupid fouls. But he's going to shoot it with utter disregard for the consequences. 

switched back to mia/ind package of pg13/dragic.  obv not proejcted for a high total but should be a competitive game and dvp is right.

I have no reason to doubt your math. All I know is that nobody, and I mean nobody, was happier to hear that the big 3 are sitting tonight. He may not hit 1 bucket, turn it over 12 times, and commit 5 stupid fouls. But he's going to shoot it with utter disregard for the consequences. 
so youre saying hes a good play or no?

this is the most unreal night.  cant wait to see how it shakes out.  wouldnt be surprised if cash line is 275 or 315 or anywhere in between.  glad i decided to limit my exposure until i start to see some better results.

IVC said I would score 324 tonight.  Looking like I'll be lucky to hit 250.

Didn't get a chance to work on a fade Hoopsguys lineup because I was balls deep in EPL today.  If you haven't played EPL, imagine doing NBA with no projections and guys getting scratched at random 15 minutes before tipoff and having to replace them with guys from the D league games.

Add to that have the news sites from the UK and hosing up you computer with pop ups and attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got some mind-blowingly bad shooters tonight. Lopez 4/13. JR 1/8. Beal 6/16. Goran 3/14. Ibaka 3/9. Bog 2/7. Harrison 0/2. 

That's 19/69 combined. That's gonna be tough to overcome. 

there is something totally ####### awesome about this.  this is perhaps the greatest #### show i ever remember in dfs ever.  does this happen a lot?  i imagine it would in like february.

IVC said I would score 324 tonight.  Looking like I'll be lucky to hit 250.

Didn't get a chance to work on a fade Hoopsguys lineup because I was balls deep in EPL today.  If you haven't played EPL, imagine doing NBA with no projections and guys getting scratched at random 15 minutes before tipoff and having to replace them with guys from the D league games.

Add to that have the news sites from the UK and hosing up you computer with pop ups and attacks.
You really sold me on EPL. 

Tonight is and was a ####show of chaos in the NBA. Projections were largely useless by the time 7:00 rolled around.  

there is something totally ####### awesome about this.  this is perhaps the greatest #### show i ever remember in dfs ever.  does this happen a lot?  i imagine it would in like february.
Happens every so often. The little voice in my head told me to bail on tonight but I didn't listen. Instead I doubled-down. 

I've got some mind-blowingly bad shooters tonight. Lopez 4/13. JR 1/8. Beal 6/16. Goran 3/14. Ibaka 3/9. Bog 2/7. Harrison 0/2. 

That's 19/69 combined. That's gonna be tough to overcome. 
Lemme update this disastrous display of ineptitude. 

Lopez 8/18, JR 4/15, Beal 6/16, Goran 4/15, Ibaka 3/10, Bog 6/14, Harrison 0/4. And add PG 8/22 and Casspi 4/12. 

43/126. Woo-hoo. 

Whelp. All done in cash save for Kawhi in 1 lineup. I'm basically hoping for about 4 quarters of global ineptitude so both of my lineups can cash. If not that, I need a monster from Kawhi to make that lineup a big(ish) winner. 

1.8 units in, 1.12 units out. Given what I was faced with at 8:00 central I'll gladly take it. 2.7 more points on my good lineup and 1.3 more on my bad lineup and I would have made a little. Thank goodness we're graded on a curve. Tonight's was a soft one. 

Well, that was fun, $115 in $21 out

Note to self

Never ever ever ever double down on a NBA slate again
Oof. Sorry to hear that. I got clipped, but not badly given how crummy my lineups were. Too much chaos today. I should have bailed, but my #2 was the lineup that made a bit so there's that. My #1 just caught about 1/3 of its 50/50's. 

$10 in, $0 out.  Why so poor...let's look at the works Hoopsguys' 15 experts put out that @David Dodds is charging consumers for.  7 misses, 3 hits in the top 10 value plays.  7 misses, 3 hits in the top 10 H-value picks.

Also these 15 experts have managed to pen 5 articles in the last 15 days.  The best feature I've seen to date has been the contain article which has been published once this month.

John Wall

o

PG

CHA@WAS

50.2 - 53.2

James Harden

o

SG

SAC@HOU

54.8 - 47.7

J.R. Smith

o

SG

CLE@MEM

26.6 - 14.4

Russell Westbrook

o

PG

OKC@UTA

54.0 - 39.7

Omri Casspi

o

PF

SAC@HOU

29.5 - 15.5

Kawhi Leonard

o

SF

BOS@SA

42.1 - 41.1

Kosta Koufos

o

C

SAC@HOU

26.3 - 22.9

Joel Embiid

o

C

TOR@PHI

37.7 - 25.7

Hassan Whiteside

o

C

IND@MIA

42.5 - 53.4

Marcin Gortat

o

C

CHA@WAS

33.1 - 38.4

J.R. Smith

o

SG

CLE@MEM

26.6 - 14.4

Kosta Koufos

o

C

SAC@HOU

26.3 - 22.9

Omri Casspi

o

PF

SAC@HOU

29.5 - 15.5

Channing Frye

o

PF

CLE@MEM

24.0 - 5.6

Garrett Temple

o

SG

SAC@HOU

24.9 - 25.7

DeAndre Liggins

o

SG

CLE@MEM

22.0 - 16.9

Kelly Oubre Jr.

o

SF

CHA@WAS

23.6 - 26.5

Jordan Clarkson

o

PG

LAL@BKN

28.6 - 17.1

Shelvin Mack

o

PG

OKC@UTA

22.8 - 25.5

Dewayne Dedmon

o

C

BOS@SA

19.9 - 17.0

When was it announced that Markieff Morris was sitting out?  I saw nothing on any site before the 7PM tip-off.  Then after the game started I see that he's out.  Torpedoed a few of my lineups...

When was it announced that Markieff Morris was sitting out?  I saw nothing on any site before the 7PM tip-off.  Then after the game started I see that he's out.  Torpedoed a few of my lineups...
Basketball Monster tweeted that he was out at 630pm last night

Yesterday was a day that rendered planning and projections semi-useless. It's virtually impossible to mathematically project performances with so many guys sitting (or in the case of Utah, rejoining the team) for both teams involved. Then you add the heightened blowout risk added to some of those games and you have borderline chaos that can't be modeled with any precision. Anyone I could subjectively articulate a reasonable basis to play found himself on at least 1 of my rosters. Harrison was easily my biggest disappointment. JR Smith hasn't played defense in his adult life. I thought he looked like a great play. I thought way wrong. 

you cant really be complaining about missing a guy being out.  if you cant sit in front of the comptuer from at the very least 630-7 (really 6-7 is ideal) then you probably shouldnt be playing this seriously.

in a related story, i kinda wished i kicked the tires on oubre last night.  never really considered him though.  gotta admit i know nothing about the guy.  is he talented or was last night just a fluke?

Sounds like Hoopsguys needs 16 experts.
LOL

I understand your frustrations, especially when it comes to no one addressing some of your questions/lack of response from Hoopguys and I agree that is something they need to address if they plan to continue to offer this service next NBA season.  But for what amounts to $.12 a day its hard to have real high expectations no?

Things I'd like to see next year

A March Madness section with articles/projections/IVC for the slates that are offered by both FD and DK

A posted time that is relatively kept to as to when the daily IVC and game summaries will be posted.  It would make a world of difference if I could just look at the site at say 4pm each day (posted submission time suggestion) and know that everything will be there completed rather than having to constantly check in to see if all of the articles/summaries are complete.

I don't know that much can be done about the accuracy of the IVC, even as it is now its still a good tool to work from the start of your LUs with.

Just my thoughts

you cant really be complaining about missing a guy being out.  if you cant sit in front of the comptuer from at the very least 630-7 (really 6-7 is ideal) then you probably shouldnt be playing this seriously.

in a related story, i kinda wished i kicked the tires on oubre last night.  never really considered him though.  gotta admit i know nothing about the guy.  is he talented or was last night just a fluke?
Actually I can. Getting the late breaking news from one single source was one of the 15 reasons they gave to subscribe

LOL

I understand your frustrations, especially when it comes to no one addressing some of your questions/lack of response from Hoopguys and I agree that is something they need to address if they plan to continue to offer this service next NBA season.  But for what amounts to $.12 a day its hard to have real high expectations no?

A March Madness section with articles/projections/IVC for the slates that are offered by both FD and DK

A posted time that is relatively kept to as to when the daily IVC and game summaries will be posted.  It would make a world of difference if I could just look at the site at say 4pm each day (posted submission time suggestion) and know that everything will be there completed rather than having to constantly check in to see if all of the articles/summaries are complete.

I don't know that much can be done about the accuracy of the IVC, even as it is now its still a good tool to work from the start of your LUs with.

Just my thoughts
 Yeah it's kind of a bummer that the few articles that they do post often pop up at the last minute and are easy to overlook. It would be nice if there's going to be an article release that day that at least it shows up in the features for the day as and item slated to be posted that day

Also in regards to the comment about getting what you pay for. We get 20 times the information for football for basically the same price

But for what amounts to $.12 a day its hard to have real high expectations no?
come on this is an awful take and you know it...

they sold it as 'we have awesome projections, tons of experts, up to date info', etc.  it wouldnt matter if it was free or we paid 1k.  its totally fair at this point to question whether theyve delivered on the preseason promises.

now, having said that, i feel like the value is easily worth it for the writeups and ivc alone.

LOL

Just my thoughts
I agree with all of this. 

I think some have an incredibly unrealistic expectation for the IVC. 

5 game slate and the lowest total is 209 with 2 220+ totals, should be fun
Yeah. Trying to formulate my plan now. I always build a lineup the night before, completely cold, just to see what my instincts look like the next day. I may not use a single player from last night's stab. 

Also in regards to the comment about getting what you pay for. We get 20 times the information for football for basically the same price
I'd be curious to know how the people that used the Football Service the first year it came out felt about the content.  Were the similar problems/concerns as there are with year one o Hoops?

I'd be curious to know how the people that used the Football Service the first year it came out felt about the content.  Were the similar problems/concerns as there are with year one o Hoops?
The pro football service was top-notch  The first year. Staff members were actively engaging posters here and making improvements each and every week. The college football information last year was very good. Regular articles and good projections. As I recall the IVC could be manipulated for the various slates also. I don't see that functionality for the NBA

what are you doing between 6-7pm on the nights you play?
 Generally I'm looking over information on the pay service I anted up for for late breaking news and changes in the projections. Outside of that I'm generally constructing my lineups to fade the projections done by hoops guyslineups to fade the projections done by hoops guys

Didn't see anything on hoopsguys site or rotoworld before 7.  So yeah, I am complaining, lol

Users who are viewing this thread