What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

Beat writer seems to think that Rondo wont play, I don't know anything about D Valentine
So no Butler, Wade, or Rondo? So they're a D-League team tonight. Don't we have to downgrade Washington some for the blowout potential? Will Mirotic and/or Taj see significant upticks in minutes, or will it just be a free-flowing rotation of players just hoping someone gets hot?

How do fanduel friends' leagues work in NBA?  I have a group that wants to continue after football--we are all NBA noobs.

I'm sure nobody cares - but I gotta be out on the NBA DFS thing.  I did well for like 3 days in a row and thought the IVC + hoops guys was going to work well... since then I have lost every single contest I have entered.  Last night I had Anthony Davis and his 70+ points, didn't have Rose, and still only scored ~ 230 -- lame.

I'm sure nobody cares - but I gotta be out on the NBA DFS thing.  I did well for like 3 days in a row and thought the IVC + hoops guys was going to work well... since then I have lost every single contest I have entered.  Last night I had Anthony Davis and his 70+ points, didn't have Rose, and still only scored ~ 230 -- lame.
True daily is a grind. You have to trust the long view and your system. Everyone has rough stretches. It isn't like the NFL at all. You're playing much less than 1/82nd of a season each contest vs 1/17th for the NFL. Plus NBA players are much more interwoven with each other than other sports. Trying to predict what happens when "Player X" is out is really complicated. 

My current cash until someone can give me some insight into Was-Chi. 

Irving/Hill

Harden/Lamb

Leonard/Iggy

Tobias/Lee

Howard

IVC calls it 305.8. Mike calls it 313 (his max lineup is 316 tonight). I haven't had dueling PG in awhile. 

Irving/Hill

Harden/Lamb

Leonard/Iggy

Tobias/Lee

Howard

IVC calls it 305.8. Mike calls it 313 (his max lineup is 316 tonight). I haven't had dueling PG in awhile. 
Who is Iggy??

David Lee?

Well the crazy Hoopsguy has control of the IVC keys tonight.  Every lineup I make is over 325.
Apparently I cracked the code for a sub-325 projection. He really doesn't care for my PGs. Hill may be riskier than I should play in cash, but all the minutes should be his tonight. 

Irving/Hill

Harden/Lamb

Leonard/Iggy

Tobias/Lee

Howard

Harden/Lamb might be 100% owned tonight

Whatever illness it is making its way through NBA rosters must be a doozy. Greek looks awful a night after Butler looked awful trying to come back after a single missed game from this thing. 

$45 in, $27 out.  All GPP.  Pretty much every IVC value play killed some really good lineups and the fade value plays came through.  Hopefully the IVC keys are given back to someone sane today.

Megla said:
LOL, this LU is predicted to score 337, I'm all in

Wall/MCW

Harden/Lamb

Kawi/Crowder

Favors/markif

Gortat
Used this LU but I replaced Favors with Aminu and it put up 330.10

Also piggy backed on ATO's cash LU that went for 305 and won all 8 $2 50/50s, thanks ATO

$43 in on the night and $89 out

Used this LU but I replaced Favors with Aminu and it put up 330.10

Also piggy backed on ATO's cash LU that went for 305 and won all 8 $2 50/50s, thanks ATO

$43 in on the night and $89 out
Glad you made some. My "B" that I slapped together hit 331. 1.7 units in 3.0 units out. My GPP lineups were all turds. 

My initial build, pending real research and news. It assumes Bradley is back. If he isn't, I probably turn Conley into Smart and use that $2000 elsewhere. 

CP3/Conley

JJR/T. Allen

LBJ/Covington

Aminu/Ilyasova

Embiid

Like Aminu @ his price but he played a ton of minutes last night. Covington doesn't feel safe either. Embiid would be a lot easier to drop $7500 on if he didn't have an arbitrary 28 minute cap. 

Odd feeling slate on my first pass-through for some reason. 

My initial build, pending real research and news. It assumes Bradley is back. If he isn't, I probably turn Conley into Smart and use that $2000 elsewhere. 

CP3/Conley

JJR/T. Allen

LBJ/Covington

Aminu/Ilyasova

Embiid

Like Aminu @ his price but he played a ton of minutes last night. Covington doesn't feel safe either. Embiid would be a lot easier to drop $7500 on if he didn't have an arbitrary 28 minute cap. 

Odd feeling slate on my first pass-through for some reason. 
Early look without doing much reading

Paul/DJAug

Hard/JJRed

Crowd/Harkl

Love/Markif

Embiid

Yea, I will look at other options at the SG later, this was a first look place holder LU
Gotcha. He struggled on the backside of his last b2b but played well the previous 2. Houston's carrying a 9 game winning streak (and 20-2 since Dec 1). That can motivate them to play to win, but it can grind a team down some too. 

Here's where I'm leaning.  Thoughts????

PG - Westy, Smart (pivot Rubio)

SG - Crawford, Reddick

SF - James, Wiggins

PF - Love, Aminu

C - Harrell (pivot Biyombo)

Here's where I'm leaning.  Thoughts????

PG - Westy, Smart (pivot Rubio)

SG - Crawford, Reddick

SF - James, Wiggins

PF - Love, Aminu

C - Harrell (pivot Biyombo)
Is this GPP or Cash?

I don't like West GPP wise against Memph, they just play too damn slow

Not starting him gets you off of Crawford who I hate, he is too inconsistent for my taste.

Is this GPP or Cash?

Not starting him gets you off of Crawford who I hate, he is too inconsistent for my taste.
Mike gives Crawford a 6.2 risk factor, which is enormously risky for a guy who hasn't had something weird going on recently to screw-up his math. 

Tennessee_ATO said:
Any worries about Harden playing the back (road) half of a b2b and 3rd in a 3-in-4 stretch?
Looks like Gordon will be out, that may force Harden to play a bit more/better

Is this GPP or Cash?

I only play gpp.

I really don't like much at SG tonight.  Don't care for Harden.  Paul butt humps me every time I select him.  That's left me with Westy and whole lot of Reddick/Crawford.  

I only play gpp.

I really don't like much at SG tonight.  Don't care for Harden.  Paul butt humps me every time I select him.  That's left me with Westy and whole lot of Reddick/Crawford.  
What's wrong with Wall or Dillard at PG?

at SG I like Beal/Fourn/Olapdipo/Lee/Tallen all better than Crawford

Also with Gordon out you have to give Harden some considerations

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with Wall or Dillard at PG?

at SG I like Beal/Fourn/Olapdipo/Lee/Tallen all better than Crawford

Also with Gordon out you have to give Harden some considerations
Thanks, I look at it again.  Got a free WC $25 entry tonight to do something with.

Lillard concerns me on the b2b coming off a sprained ankle.  Also thought the Cavs were good on D.

Guess I could look at Wall.  he did play 40 last night.

Users who are viewing this thread