What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

Looks like Gordon will be out, that may force Harden to play a bit more/better
Yeah, but will it make him less tired? I wonder what that guy's caloric intake was last night and this morning. I think Gordon being out potentially bumps Aminu too, but I'm still not entirely comfortable there either. 

I used the IVC to make the following lineup.  Cash like entry against three other friends in a private league. Are there any glaring errors?

PG:  Wall/Westbrook

SG: Crawford/Redick

SF:  Wiggins/Crowder

PF: Bjelica/Dieng

C: Towns

Thanks in advance.

I used the IVC to make the following lineup.  Cash like entry against three other friends in a private league. Are there any glaring errors?

Thanks in advance.
Look above for Megla's bagging on Crawford and my post supporting that after it. He's pretty risky for cash w/ CP3 back. 

Thanks in advance.
Also, unless there's something going on roster-wise I don't know, I wouldn't think Bjelica is the best play. I know you're having to go uber-cheap at SG, SF, and PF to afford more than half your salary at PG and C. But I have to think there's a safer $3500 option other than Bjelica, assuming I haven't missed news that his role has changed for tonight. 

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I'm just picking the #### out of this. Just ignore me if you want. 

From a cash-roster perspective you seem to be overly exposed to Minn frontcourt and LAC backcourt. While I like KAT and Dieng, I'm not sure I would be thrilled w/ both + Bjelica. Now, if you're a Minn fan, then play them -- I'm a huge proponent of enjoying daily and rostering guys on your team is a part of that IMO. But from a pure roster-building concept, you're putting a lot of eggs into 1 basket. Ditto LAC guards. If you want to pair LAC guards, I'd go CP3/JJR. Maybe save some salary off of Westy to get a better option than Bjelica. Dieng/KAT is probably not going to be too bad even if the team tanks. 

Plus you have Wiggins -- another guy I like. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'm just picking the #### out of this. Just ignore me if you want. 

From a cash-roster perspective you seem to be overly exposed to Minn frontcourt and LAC backcourt. While I like KAT and Dieng, I'm not sure I would be thrilled w/ both + Bjelica. Now, if you're a Minn fan, then play them -- I'm a huge proponent of enjoying daily and rostering guys on your team is a part of that IMO. But from a pure roster-building concept, you're putting a lot of eggs into 1 basket. Ditto LAC guards. If you want to pair LAC guards, I'd go CP3/JJR. Maybe save some salary off of Westy to get a better option than Bjelica. Dieng/KAT is probably not going to be too bad even if the team tanks. 

Plus you have Wiggins -- another guy I like. 
How are Knotts' projections?

Also, unless there's something going on roster-wise I don't know, I wouldn't think Bjelica is the best play. I know you're having to go uber-cheap at SG, SF, and PF to afford more than half your salary at PG and C. But I have to think there's a safer $3500 option other than Bjelica, assuming I haven't missed news that his role has changed for tonight. 
Bje is stating tonight, but yea that's a lot of Minn

I get Knotts' model liking them -- Houston on the 3rd of a 3-in-4 at home w/ Lavine likely out. I could see going heavier on Minn than usual. But SF, PF, PF, and C is a GPP play, not a cash play. Bjelica has hit 18 exactly once in the last month. Maybe tonight's the night, but if it is that means it likely ain't for Dieng or KAT or Wiggins or some combo. 

How are Knotts' projections?
There's a pretty strong feeling here that it depends. Overall they've been better recently but last night was way screwy. They hit my "A" cash lineup almost dead-on. The problem was that it was a really low projection compared to their overall projections. That lineup cashed pretty easily, which they wouldn't have predicted. 

I understand why their model is spitting out T-wolves. Houston is playing it's 3rd in 4 nights. Lavine is likely out. Houston is on the road. Houston ain't great against bigs. Houston likes uptempo play.  It's just hard for me to see all 4 of those guys scoring well enough unless the game is just a track meet, in which case you might as well roster a bunch of Rockets too. And throw it into a $1 tourney, cause if it hits it could smash. 

I get Knotts' model liking them -- Houston on the 3rd of a 3-in-4 at home w/ Lavine likely out. I could see going heavier on Minn than usual. But SF, PF, PF, and C is a GPP play, not a cash play. Bjelica has hit 18 exactly once in the last month. Maybe tonight's the night, but if it is that means it likely ain't for Dieng or KAT or Wiggins or some combo. 
It's a 4 player league and I have no idea how NBA knowledgeable his opponents are so I'm not sure if I would call it a cash game or a GPP

FWIW, here's the math on it from Mike:

Minn – LaVine out. He’s missed 1 game this season. Wiggins put up 56 vs. L28 of 31 while Rubio was 34 v 29 in that one. KAT was below norm at 39 while Bjelica had a rare monster 45.

Crawford is going to go off tonight after we bagged on him. 

And for planning, I'm not playing anyone in his 1st game back after he's been out for "illness". Whatever bug sweeping through right now is nasty. I'm going to have to bear witness that they're over it before I consider playing them. 

went with these  tonight

$1 25k dribbler  wall smart harden redick ariza Covington love morris olynyk

$1 mini express  westy conley beal green wiggins crowder bjelica Anderson KAT

Liked at least 6 PGs tonight-SG is a wasteland tonight after Harden-what should be lots of value at SF/PF- C was all or nothing for me-lol

Also rolling out my 1st ever NHL gpp today. Listened to a hockey DFS show on the radio driving home and it gave me a spark--plus it worked for me in NBA so WTH

good luck all!!!

went with these  tonight

Liked at least 6 PGs tonight-SG is a wasteland tonight after Harden-what should be lots of value at SF/PF- C was all or nothing for me-lol

Also rolling out my 1st ever NHL gpp today. Listened to a hockey DFS show on the radio driving home and it gave me a spark--plus it worked for me in NBA so WTH

good luck all!!!
Good luck to you as well. Someone here needs to bring a big GPP down. 

Bjelica isn't starting. He could still get the 31 minutes Knotts projects for him, but that really seems unlikely. That was a very questionable call on his part, IMO. KAT, Dieng, Bjelica, and Wiggins all starting against Houston? I don't guess it was impossible, but highly improbable.  Who would guard Harden? Wiggins? If so, how do they handle Ariza? One of those guys would run free and wild (Harden probably does that anyway, but you get the point).

Bjelica isn't starting. He could still get the 31 minutes Knotts projects for him, but that really seems unlikely. That was a very questionable call on his part, IMO. KAT, Dieng, Bjelica, and Wiggins all starting against Houston? I don't guess it was impossible, but highly improbable.  Who would guard Harden? Wiggins? If so, how do they handle Ariza? One of those guys would run free and wild (Harden probably does that anyway, but you get the point).
I'd be killing it if Bjelica would do anything at all.  I could be sitting with 8 guys at 40+ and one 0.

####...sitting on a lineup at 240 with Love, James, Gordon, and Roddick left.  Love gets hurt.
LOL -- not at you, at me. It's halftime of the late games and I'm still below 240 (223 to be precise). Smart and Allen have proven to be difficult hurdles to overcome. I do have CP3, LBJ, JJR, and Aminu to play their second halves, so my final score may not be embarrassing at least. 

When trying to project whether to stay up late and watch to see if your team has a chance, does anyone have a "system" to evaluate your status?

When trying to project whether to stay up late and watch to see if your team has a chance, does anyone have a "system" to evaluate your status?
Load up on the late two game slate so your winnings are bouncing between $0 and $300 every 30 seconds as the trains flip flop.

$90 in, $42 out.  If James and Love had played the 4th quarter would have been looking at a couple hundred plus profit.

went with these  tonight

good luck all!!!
1st lineup got nothing with 278+

2nd lineup got a tie for 15th with 325.1 and won $3.50

So with the NHL game  $3 in $3.50 out

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably will be a common lineup...

PG - Jrue, MCW

SG - Kilpatrick, Thompson

SF - Leonard, Durant

PF - Nowitzki, Gibson

C - Drummond

Another good night NBA wise

$60 in $119 out

So, whatever players I like tonight stay far away from, LOL

Cash LU went for 307.4 and cashed all $2 50/50s

GPP LU went for 320.4 and cashed $8 and $50 in a $5 100 player league

GPP Lu went for 322.5 and cashed $8 and $25 in a $5 100 player League

Other GPP LUs went for 258.5, 275.2 and 284.3 and were shut out

Anyone else playing the 3pm slate today?

Threw in 2 cheap GPPs for fun, one is a full on Indy/Den LU

Teague/Rjackson/KThompson/GHarris/George/Gallarni/Jokic/TYoung/MTurner

Teague/DWIll/Barton/KCP/George/HBarns/TBooker/Porz/MTurner

1 unit in, 0 units out. 285 was just a tad too low for my 50/50s and 8-12 too low for my doubles. Frankly I'm shocked I got that high w/ Smart/TAllen combining for 27 on $9900 in salary. I didn't have any GPP action aside from my obligatory $1 throw w/ my cash lineup. 

Anyone else playing the 3pm slate today?

Threw in 2 cheap GPPs for fun, one is a full on Indy/Den LU

Teague/Rjackson/KThompson/GHarris/George/Gallarni/Jokic/TYoung/MTurner

Teague/DWIll/Barton/KCP/George/HBarns/TBooker/Porz/MTurner
I've thrown together a cash play for 0.4 credits total action. 

Teague/Rose

Wade/Hield

George/Barnes

Jokic/Taj

Myles

Very "meh" about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread