What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL TIMBERWOLVES SOON TO BE DYNASTY THREAD**** (1 Viewer)

Kev4029 said:
Sorry guys, there is always hockey or meat raffles or whatever you do up there.
Wildly inconsistent so far.  You can see flashes of what they're supposed to be doing, and then then completely #### the bed, sometimes for an entire quarter.  We'll see if that can be corrected or if its a fatal flaw.  All 3 losses have been close, they're just not getting it done.

Wildly inconsistent so far.  You can see flashes of what they're supposed to be doing, and then then completely #### the bed, sometimes for an entire quarter.  We'll see if that can be corrected or if its a fatal flaw.  All 3 losses have been close, they're just not getting it done.
Last night Towns was incredible in the first half then disappeared in the third quarter (the only quarter I watched, coincidence?) and the Wolves #### the bed. I think that is the downfall of having such a young team and over time will be corrected.

I still think people were betting on them a year too soon, but if Wiggins keeps shooting as well as he has this year and LaVine has found his place as the starting SG and Thibs turns those guys into plus defenders, they may have a higher ceiling than most have predicted.

Last night Towns was incredible in the first half then disappeared in the third quarter (the only quarter I watched, coincidence?) and the Wolves #### the bed. I think that is the downfall of having such a young team and over time will be corrected.

I still think people were betting on them a year too soon, but if Wiggins keeps shooting as well as he has this year and LaVine has found his place as the starting SG and Thibs turns those guys into plus defenders, they may have a higher ceiling than most have predicted.
Wolves net rating by quarter through 4 games —

1st Q: +39.6 (1st) 2nd Q: +19.1 (4th) 3rd Q: -32.4 (29th) 4th Q: +13.9 (6th)

Wolves net rating by quarter through 4 games —

1st Q: +39.6 (1st) 2nd Q: +19.1 (4th) 3rd Q: -32.4 (29th) 4th Q: +13.9 (6th)
That's nuts. You would think that the 1st and 3rd quarters would be pretty similar because the lineups/rotations would be pretty much identical.

Last night, Jokic had 11 assists and KAT had 10. First time opposing centers have both had 10 assists in a game in Basketball Reference's database (starting in 83-84). It was also the first 10 assist game for either Jokic or Towns in their careers. Towns became the second youngest center to have a 10 assist game (Weber did it twice in his 20s). Jokic became the fourth youngest (Brad Daugherty was 18 days older than Towns, 252 days younger than Jokic).

I despise Lance Stephenson. I cannot believe my home town team brought him in on a 10-day contract. I'm not sure I can handle it...if he checks into a game in a Wolves uniform, I might lose it. 

I sold my tickets to Sunday's game and donated the money to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. I'm also supposed to go tonight, including a preview of the new lounge they built for high rollers (probably my only chance to see it since I'm only a mid-roller), and I'm really struggling with the thought of supporting them when he's there in uniform. 

:X

I'm going Sunday for the first time since, geez, since the KG trade at least.  Taking my 6-year old son (loves Wiggins) and going with my brother and his 4-year old (loves Rubio).  Can't wait to watch Stephenson in person.

Thibs needs to be fired. How you can let a player dictate when he plays and when he doesnt is beyond me. Trade the guy and move on. 

Users who are viewing this thread