What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are your kids flipping water bottles all day? (1 Viewer)

They started this summer and haven't stopped.  Some kid did it as a talent, missed, and they started chanting "one more time" until he finally hit it.  It's harmless but I don't understand it.

And yes I tried, nailed it :)

1. son has multiple bottles.  I throw them away, and he gets new ones
  2. his baseball coach says that if they do that crap in the dugout during practice, they can run...........
  3. drives me nuts

My oldest son (10) - teachers pet.

Written up twice last week for flipping bottles at lunch table.  :wtf:

Its all the kids seem to do on water breaks at soccer practice.  One of the parents said it went viral after someone did it as their 'talent' on America's Got Talent.  

That's a talent now???

Its all the kids seem to do on water breaks at soccer practice.  One of the parents said it went viral after someone did it as their 'talent' on America's Got Talent.  

That's a talent now???
I believe the whole thing began with a high school talent show: http://youtu.be/GdUVtEeg9I4

It's pretty much 100% shtick, or at least that's how it started out.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's a talent now???
It was a high school talent show vine.

My boys do this all day long.  I came home from work to see them flipping bottles up onto the ledge above our front door from the ground.  It's a small ledge, so if it's not just right it bounces off the wall and back to the yard.  They spend over an hour doing this with the neighbor.  Son finally hit it and he chased me down to take his picture to prove he did it.

They can go outside and flip bottles, but not in the house.  The noise drives me crazy.

My kids tried this. I told them to take the water out of the bottle and try it since it was too easy. After about 10 minutes of failure with the empty water bottle they gave up.

Haven't done it since. 

Waiting for greatest generation to weigh in.  We were storming the beaches of Normandy.  Today boys have man buns, safe places,  and flip water bottles all day which is the modern day thumb suckling.  

:Spits tobacco: 

They do it from time to time. Doesn't bother me at all. If I'm watching tv, I tell them to do it somewhere else. 

People seem to always look for things to be irritated about.

January 18, 1977:  An episode of "Happy Days" airs where Fonzie's cousin, Angie, attempts to break the world record for catching coins off of his elbow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbArZXekqR8

January 19, 1977:  Every kid at my elementary school tries to break the record Fonzie's cousin set.  Coins are flying all over campus.  Kids are fighting over said flying coins.  By lunchtime the principal has banned coin-catching.  

January 18, 1977:  An episode of "Happy Days" airs where Fonzie's cousin, Angie, attempts to break the world record for catching coins off of his elbow.

January 19, 1977:  Every kid at my elementary school tries to break the record Fonzie's cousin set.  Coins are flying all over campus.  Kids are fighting over said flying coins.  By lunchtime the principal has banned coin-catching.  
:lmao:

So true

We were doing it minutes after that episode aired. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread