What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eli or Alex Smith, Week 7? (1 Viewer)

BigBlue_RI

Footballguy
Went with Smith in Week 6 and boy was that a killer. So many points left on bench. Rams have banged up secondary, but for some reason I feel like these London games are always ugly. Meanwhile, Smith's matchup at home vs. Saints is so darn favorable. First inclination was Smith when I picked him up prior to last week, as I liked his 4-game stretch. Now, after Eli's eruption last week, it's a tough call. As a Giants fan whose seen Eli be boom or bust for so long, it's a wonder why I drafted the guy in the first place as my starter.

If NO can't stop the run KC will ground pound the ball with Charles and Ware keeping Brees on the sideline and Smith's fantasy points down.

If you need a safe floor go with Smith, if you need to hit a higher score gamble on Eli. 

Or check your waiver wire for a different option.

Team I am playing this week has no Cam and still hasn't picked up a QB. The pickings are slim. Smith and Eli are how I'm rolling. I think I'll be able to play safe floor.

Manning didn't really do much last week and looked awful.  He was helped out by the speed of OBJ (which may be limited with the hip issue this week).  I would roll with Smith especially since you believe you should win so the higher floor (especially if you have negatives for turnovers) is probably the way I would go.

I'd go Eli. Smith might only attempt 25 passes or so if things go right for KC, Eli has a higher ceiling and a higher floor in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread