What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's your opinion on brunch? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
I have considered doing brunch on a daily basis from now on. Are you a fan of eating brunch? TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brunch on a daily basis? Does that just mean you are adding a 4th meal to your day? If so, im in. 

Not a fan - I wake up early even on my off days.   Bunch just seems like an excuse to eat high-carb foods and day drink, I'll pass. 

It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with a slice of canteloupe at the end. You don't get completely what you would at breakfast, but you get a good meal.

All brunch is is a fancy way of saying "breakfast whenever I want".

I've never, and will never eat lunch food at a "brunch"

I like it, but only as a supplement to a small breakfast. It shouldn't be the first main meal of the day. Too late for bfast, too early for lunch. But I find if I have a small breakfast earlier, I can usually hold off after brunch all afternoon until dinner.

Big fan. local place has a $20 deal where you choose an entree (some solid options) accompanied by bottomless mimosas. 

FYI: A large group of us found the bottom about 2.5 hours and ~15 mimosas into our day. 

Brunches use to be great.  Load up on food and booze, get laid after (I always got laid after brunch.  Maybe it was just me.) Take a short nap.  Shower, I mean sausage grease, maple syrup, and aftersex, you gots to clean up.  Then it was off to watch football with the boys. ("No ________, I don't want to spend the day cuddling and then walking the Art museum with you and your gay friend".)

The old ham and slam.

Love brunch.

For any Milwaukee guys, you need to try brunch.

brunch.

Awesome food and drinks. My go to is the Bromosa. It's a mimosa with vodka.

Used to love it on lazy weekend days. Sleep in, have morning sex, then roll to brunch about 10:30. Usually some sort of omelet or eggs Benedict dish with a mimosa or bloody. Good times. 

Of course now that I have babies I hate brunch bc it's just something I don't get to do anymore. 

brunch pre-kids was awesome... either waking up late and hungover and needing to fuel... or still drunk and needing to fuel. during my triathlon days, I'd get up pre-dawn and do a long workout... get home, shower, sex, shower again- famished. brunch

post kids... wake up at 7, exhausted. feed the kids breakfast... do we eat or not? wait around until restaurants open for brunch... famished. 20 minutes in, kids are getting antsy. speed up eating to gtfo before they're worn out. nice to be out and eating something besides yogurt, but meh.

I never eat breakfast food so it's a way of getting lunch earlier.
What no omelets, eggs benedict, hashbrowns, French toast, bacon or sausage dipped in syrup, biscuits and gravy, etc...?  Breakfast food is awesome.

Anyone who comes to NYC, visit Buttermilk Channel - it's in Carroll Gardens and the best brunch you will ever eat, basically a guarantee.

Get the Eggs Huntington and Pecan Pie French Toast.

An egg benedict with fresh cut fruit and a side salad

French toast with hot carved roast beef

An omelette with french fries and buttered toast

Carved ham with mac and cheese baked with bread crumbs

Irish coffee with anything

Love the idea of brunch but not too many places here do it well.  I've been a to a couple of great ones though and it's fantastic. 

Overrated IMO.

Any place that serves a decent brunch in SF has a long wait on weekends.  I go to restaurants for food that I can't or won't make at home.  Most brunch menu items are pretty basic and can be pulled off easily by a average home cook (even with a hangover).  The markup on a fifteen dollar omelet is much higher than a thirty dollar dinner.

If we want to go out for an early meal, we'll do dim sum instead.

Arizona Ron said:
Not a fan - I wake up early even on my off days.   Bunch just seems like an excuse to eat high-carb foods and day drink, I'll pass. 
It's fine so long as you show up in activewear. 

I'll add that I only like brunch buffets - doesn't feel like anything different if I'm just ordering one item off a menu like every other meal.

sometimes i do feel like brunch and when i do i normally make a pizza like a palermos or maybe a jacks and then i eat it and i am like man that was a pretty damned good brunch right there suckas now off to bed words to live by take that to the bank bromigos 

Users who are viewing this thread