What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daniel Sorensen (1 Viewer)

ChicagoArch

Footballguy
Sorensen had been replacing Justin March at the Nickel LB in passing situations. With March hurt, it seems like everyone expects Sio Moore, Sam Barrington or Ramik Wilson to take over at ILB next to DJ. Does anyone have a better read on this? Is there a chance Sorensen picks up more snaps? Is he potentially playable this week against the Saints?

Is Sio playing OLB in KC with the injuries there? Barrington and Wilson might be considered for early down work but passing situations - and NO will be chucking it a lot - should get Sorensen snaps. 

Seems like a good opportunity for an upside streamer based on the matchup. Last year's running game revival by the Saints seems like it was a one hit wonder. 

Be interesting to see snap counts.  Ramik Wilson, who was on the streets a week ago, recorded 5/3 as well.

Be interesting to see snap counts.  Ramik Wilson, who was on the streets a week ago, recorded 5/3 as well.
agree.  Sorensen's numbers are inflated by the pick 6.  Ramik and Sorenson did about the same. Snap counts will be telling.

And being promoted from the PS isn't exactly being on the streets

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/10/18/13325208/chiefs-put-allen-bailey-justin-march-on-ir-promote-ramik-wilson

Riley on the other hand went from the streets to starter...

Started him in one league.... unfortunately I'm 1-7 and would rather lose. lol

Snap count is not a big deal on this guy. He should be considered a streamer and this week vs. the Saints pass happy offense was a good week to stream. Maybe a hold with a match up vs. Indy in week 8 but he's no more than roster fodder for me. 

Started him in one league.... unfortunately I'm 1-7 and would rather lose. lol

Snap count is not a big deal on this guy. He should be considered a streamer and this week vs. the Saints pass happy offense was a good week to stream. Maybe a hold with a match up vs. Indy in week 8 but he's no more than roster fodder for me. 
Not sure it'll make that much of a difference... The saints run about 33% of the time (last in league) and the Colts are at 37% (26th)    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-rushing-play-percentage/2016/

I think I'm going with Sorensen again this week.. especially with Bethea on bye.

Not sure it'll make that much of a difference... The saints run about 33% of the time (last in league) and the Colts are at 37% (26th)    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-rushing-play-percentage/2016/

I think I'm going with Sorensen again this week.. especially with Bethea on bye.
The issue is formations. If the Colts are lining up with a lot of 2 TE sets it may lead to more traditional defensive sets instead of the nickel that has Sorenson playing LB. The KC dst LB & S situations are pretty murky. It was easier to start him last week knowing the Saints would be lining up 3 WRs more often than not. That may be moot with Allen out.... can IND run 2 TE without him?

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is formations. If the Colts are lining up with a lot of 2 TE sets it may lead to more traditional defensive sets instead of the nickel that has Sorenson playing LB. The KC dst LB & S situations are pretty murky. It was easier to start him last week knowing the Saints would be lining up 3 WRs more often than not. That may be moot with Allen out.... can IND run 2 TE without him?
I'm not entirely sure.   Based on this from ESPN... Looks like they are mostly in 3WR and 1TE 

Code:
BY WR FORMATION	ATT	COMP	PCT	YDS	YDS/A	YDS/G	LONG	TD	TD%	INT	INT%	SACK	YDSL	RATE
2 Wide Receivers	50	31	62.0	315	6.5	0.0	35	0	0.0	0	0.0	1	11	80.9
3 Wide Receivers	137	90	65.7	953	7.8	0.0	64	9	6.6	3	2.2	19	110	101.9
4+ Wide Receivers	40	26	65.0	276	7.1	0.0	22	1	2.5	1	2.5	1	7	83.6
BY TE FORMATION	ATT	COMP	PCT	YDS	YDS/A	YDS/G	LONG	TD	TD%	INT	INT%	SACK	YDSL	RATE
0 Tight Ends	19	12	63.2	166	9.2	0.0	51	1	5.3	0	0.0	1	9	110.6
1 Tight End	163	108	66.3	1114	7.5	0.0	64	9	5.5	4	2.5	18	101	96.5
2 Tight Ends	48	29	60.4	255	5.9	0.0	33	1	2.1	0	0.0	3	30	84.1
3+ Tight Ends	7	3	42.9	39	6.6	0.0	30	0	0.0	0	0.0	1	7	65.2

gdi I was on this guy weeks ago and didn't follow my gut.  Missed him in two leagues, gonna have to spend FAAB now in the third.

Thanks.  After losing both Reshad Jones and Barry Church I am struggggglinggggg...
Blanton?  playing 100% of snaps for Aaron Williams who went on IR today.  He had 10 tackles Sunday.

JJ Wilcox?  Was already playing nickel LB, replacing Durant and/or Hitchens in passing situations, now he should take one a full role with Church out and Scandrick most likely out (they were starting three cb's).

Michael Thomas? Took over for Reshad Jones. Has always produced when he had a role.  Has two good matchups vs Safeties the next two weeks.

Micah hyde is also playing 100% of the snaps as a nickel corner in the packers 3-3-5 base defense and will have some big weeks with some stinkers mixed in.

Here's another one for you, and my synopsis is 80 hunch/20% fact.  One might think that Adjeh-Barimah (sp?) is playing slot corner.  Grimes and Heargraves played 100% and Barimah played 75% but two straight weeks he has 6 tackles and a sack in which he rushed from the outside.  He is playing as the 3rd corner in nickel, but not in the slot or as an outside cover corner.  They are keeping Lavonte David inside to cover Tight Ends (Which is why his numbers are down, his talent to be that big and handle anyone in coverage is actually hurting him in fantasy) and Barimah is coming in for Daryl Smith in nickel and playing close to the line of scrimmage in a bit of a freelance role.  In cb required leagues, he is probably available and may continue to put up numbers.  Smith is not going to play nickel, verner sucks, and banks was traded.  The last two week stat line from JAB could be a trend.  Tread lightly and clearly don't cut a valuable asset for him, but wanted to share my thoughts.

Here's another one for you, and my synopsis is 80 hunch/20% fact.  One might think that Adjeh-Barimah (sp?) is playing slot corner.  Grimes and Heargraves played 100% and Barimah played 75% but two straight weeks he has 6 tackles and a sack in which he rushed from the outside.  He is playing as the 3rd corner in nickel, but not in the slot or as an outside cover corner.  They are keeping Lavonte David inside to cover Tight Ends (Which is why his numbers are down, his talent to be that big and handle anyone in coverage is actually hurting him in fantasy) and Barimah is coming in for Daryl Smith in nickel and playing close to the line of scrimmage in a bit of a freelance role.  In cb required leagues, he is probably available and may continue to put up numbers.  Smith is not going to play nickel, verner sucks, and banks was traded.  The last two week stat line from JAB could be a trend.  Tread lightly and clearly don't cut a valuable asset for him, but wanted to share my thoughts.
BOOM.  We need more of these posts.  Any donkey can pull up stats and tell us a guy had 5 tackles.  The "why" given here is invaluable compared to just some slot corner that happened to make some tackles one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blanton?  playing 100% of snaps for Aaron Williams who went on IR today.  He had 10 tackles Sunday.

JJ Wilcox?  Was already playing nickel LB, replacing Durant and/or Hitchens in passing situations, now he should take one a full role with Church out and Scandrick most likely out (they were starting three cb's).

Michael Thomas? Took over for Reshad Jones. Has always produced when he had a role.  Has two good matchups vs Safeties the next two weeks.

Micah hyde is also playing 100% of the snaps as a nickel corner in the packers 3-3-5 base defense and will have some big weeks with some stinkers mixed in.
:thumbup:

Ended up whiffing on Sorenson but did get both Blanton and Wilcox.  We'll see how it plays out.  DB is such a fickle position but when you lose two mega-studs within a short span, and in a deep league with experienced IDP'ers, things can go sideways real quick.

Thanks.

:thumbup:   Great analysis.  I grabbed him in a few of my leagues yesterday based off what I was seeing from him.

some might be discouraged, but I actually feel better than I did before I mentioned JAB. Due to game flow and TB being behind and not spending a ton of time in the nickel, JAB only played 29 snaps (40%) and still had 4 tackles.  Clearly he's only a guy to add in deep cb required leagues, but if they play a team in which you think they will be in the nickel a ton (they still play NOS twice) or if Heargraves or Grimes get hurt or benched, JAB could be big.  Don't get cute and add him in redraft, shallow leagues, or non cb required leagues, but I like him a lot long term in deep cb required leagues.

some might be discouraged, but I actually feel better than I did before I mentioned JAB. Due to game flow and TB being behind and not spending a ton of time in the nickel, JAB only played 29 snaps (40%) and still had 4 tackles.  Clearly he's only a guy to add in deep cb required leagues, but if they play a team in which you think they will be in the nickel a ton (they still play NOS twice) or if Heargraves or Grimes get hurt or benched, JAB could be big.  Don't get cute and add him in redraft, shallow leagues, or non cb required leagues, but I like him a lot long term in deep cb required leagues.
This should go in the corner thread.

Derrick Johnson ruptured achilles - bad news for KC, but appears to mean more work for Sorensen down the stretch. 6 solos 2 assists tonight.

Anyone putting him in their lineup this week?  I know Sorensen would drop in as a LB in dime coverage, but I would imagine that against a run-first team like the Titans that he won't be lined up there too much???

Users who are viewing this thread