What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (5 Viewers)

Confirmed. Djackson10 = Howard Eskin

No one likes Eskin. No one. Not even his son. And Eskin (you) are the only ones I've seen to not only hate Hinkie but give him absolutely no credit whatsoever. 
Really I've seen a few people on Social media maybe not big people that aren't giving Hinkie credit. Like I said lets wait till the team reaches the playoffs and maybe wins a playoff game or series before crediting Hinkie. I give him credit for dumping the bad contracts. 

I'm thinking that the move might be to sign Lowry AND draft a PG like Smith or Ntilikina, especially if we could move down a couple spots (swap back with the Kings anyone?)  It will take a couple years for a PG to really develop, so in the meantime, use the cap space we have on a vet.  Really who I want is George Hill, but would not want to overpay given his injuries and the contract that he turned down midseason from the Jazz suggests that he wants major, major money.

Also would love to lock up Embiid to as little as he would be willing to take in an extension right now.  I wonder if he would take 4/60?

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/5/19/15667170/nba-draft-2017-sixers-scout-frank-ntilikina-plan-workout-dennis-smith-jr-third-pick-embiid-simmons

I'm thinking that the move might be to sign Lowry AND draft a PG like Smith or Ntilikina, especially if we could move down a couple spots (swap back with the Kings anyone?)  It will take a couple years for a PG to really develop, so in the meantime, use the cap space we have on a vet.  Really who I want is George Hill, but would not want to overpay given his injuries and the contract that he turned down midseason from the Jazz suggests that he wants major, major money.

Also would love to lock up Embiid to as little as he would be willing to take in an extension right now.  I wonder if he would take 4/60?

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/5/19/15667170/nba-draft-2017-sixers-scout-frank-ntilikina-plan-workout-dennis-smith-jr-third-pick-embiid-simmons
yeah Sixers are in a nice spot they haven't been for a bit. They have options out there, and if they end up doing close to nothing, they still could be competitive (if healthy).

A name i keep hear getting tossed around is Porzyngis, and according to various report (one from Keith Pompey who usually doesn't just put up any rumor out there) the relationship with the Knicks is getting worse by the day. People are suggesting Saric-Porzyngis straight up, which seems really off to me. if we can somehow trade Okafor and a variety of our 2nd round picks for him i would be doing flips. Really wonder what his value is right now on the market

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you trade both of next years' 1sts for pick #5 this year?

Not saying if its realistic or not, but got into a debate about this trade and curious if sixers fans would do it.

Would you trade both of next years' 1sts for pick #5 this year?

Not saying if its realistic or not, but got into a debate about this trade and curious if sixers fans would do it.
nah, don't think so.  we need to figure out a way to get some established players in here if we are going to consolidate these picks.  just don't see enough upside in pick 5.  we should probably be getting a PG, but we can do that at 3 and/or by just dropping back.  Isaac could be interesting, I suppose, but not enough of a difference maker to risk it.  plus, it just means another year earlier to have to pay a guy.  if embiid goes down, we kind of need those picks plus 2019 in order to try to re-load.  the process infinite.

nah, don't think so.  we need to figure out a way to get some established players in here if we are going to consolidate these picks.  just don't see enough upside in pick 5.  we should probably be getting a PG, but we can do that at 3 and/or by just dropping back.  Isaac could be interesting, I suppose, but not enough of a difference maker to risk it.  plus, it just means another year earlier to have to pay a guy.  if embiid goes down, we kind of need those picks plus 2019 in order to try to re-load.  the process infinite.
I don't like the reach for monk at 3, or the fit for fox.  Jackson (who may be the best player in the draft and who has the highest upside), would be great at 3.  Means we could also get monk at 5. Jackson+monk this year would be awesome and worth giving up approximately picks 6 and 12 next year

At first I thought this was all BS.. Starting to believe it now.  Have heard Saric + next years 1st rounder to move from 3 to 1.  Seems like that's way too expensive, no?  I have had a huge thing for Fultz for a very very long time and always thought he'd be perfect in Philly.  But don't want to lose Saric and that pick.  Would almost rather give up both our firsts next year.  Or our own 1st for the next 2 years.

Fultz
Simmons
Covington
Saric
Embiid

Okafor+Holmes+Korkmaz off bench.

Still have loads of money for a max deal FA next season, plus some good top 10 picks coming up.

Yes please.

At first I thought this was all BS.. Starting to believe it now.  Have heard Saric + next years 1st rounder to move from 3 to 1.  Seems like that's way too expensive, no?  I have had a huge thing for Fultz for a very very long time and always thought he'd be perfect in Philly.  But don't want to lose Saric and that pick.  Would almost rather give up both our firsts next year.  Or our own 1st for the next 2 years.

Fultz
Simmons
Covington
Saric
Embiid

Okafor+Holmes+Korkmaz off bench.

Still have loads of money for a max deal FA next season, plus some good top 10 picks coming up.

Yes please.

I thought I had read no players were involved in trade

Yea I've heard several scenarios but all of them pics. My guess is Ainge wants picks to make a run at a star player coming to Boston (George, Butler, Westbrook, etc). 

I've seen #3, Lakers 18, Sixers 18

#3, Lakers 18, Sac 19

#3, Lakers 18, Sixers 18, Sac19

If they can get it done with scenario 1, that'd be best case.

Word is just pics and it's a 3 way with Chi. I love Fultz but there's no way I'd give up Saric or the Sac 19 in a deal for him

Word is just pics and it's a 3 way with Chi. I love Fultz but there's no way I'd give up Saric or the Sac 19 in a deal for him
Saric? No. Sac 19 hell yea. Just a pick. We can get more. Even though that may be a top 5 one.

Saric? No. Sac 19 hell yea. Just a pick. We can get more. Even though that may be a top 5 one.
Ya I had read Saric yesterday but that seems to be no longer a thing.  Just picks.

My ultimate deal.... should work for everyone:

Sixers get:  Pick 1
Celtics get:  Butler
Bulls get:  Okafor+ Pick 3+Sixers pick next year

Who wouldn't do this deal?

Ya I had read Saric yesterday but that seems to be no longer a thing.  Just picks.

My ultimate deal.... should work for everyone:

Sixers get:  Pick 1
Celtics get:  Butler
Bulls get:  Okafor+ Pick 3+Sixers pick next year

Who wouldn't do this deal?
Bulls make out really well there

Bulls make out really well there
So do we.  Okafor has little value, and for us to still keep the Lakers and Kings picks are huge.  Our pick should be between 10-15 next year.

So do the Celtics.  They keep their Nets pick next year which should be top 3.  All they're really doing is trading pick 1 this year for Butler. Boston would do that in a heartbeat I'd think.

So do we.  Okafor has little value, and for us to still keep the Lakers and Kings picks are huge.  Our pick should be between 10-15 next year.

So do the Celtics.  They keep their Nets pick next year which should be top 3.  All they're really doing is trading pick 1 this year for Butler. Boston would do that in a heartbeat I'd think.
It's logical.  Boston is also gonna try for all they can get.  Wonder how much we are willing to give

@PompeyOnSixers Word out of Boston is that #Sixers and #Cetlics may come to an agreement but trade won't be done until draft night.
Shared via CBS Sports

@PompeyOnSixers Word out of Boston is that #Sixers and #Cetlics may come to an agreement but trade won't be done until draft night.
Shared via CBS Sports
Yep.  From the sounds of it, parameters are all set and done.  Celtics will draft Fultz.  If LA drafts Jackson, no deal will happen.  If LA drafts Ball, Philly takes Jackson and they instantly announce the trade.

Please don't screw us again Lakers.

Deamon said:
Yep.  From the sounds of it, parameters are all set and done.  Celtics will draft Fultz.  If LA drafts Jackson, no deal will happen.  If LA drafts Ball, Philly takes Jackson and they instantly announce the trade.

Please don't screw us again Lakers.
hmm, i don't really like that.  nerve-wracking week.

really?  didn't hear anything about it.  What happened?
He didn't shoot well.  Seemed tired.  They really didn't care about how he looked in this workout.  They wanted to make sure the medical stuff checked out and get another interview with him.

Sounds like the deal is basically done

The Process in 90 seconds.  http://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/podcast/2017/6/16/mike-levins-the-process-is-the-most-dramatic-thing-in-sports-history-recap

There has been no more dramatic team in sports than the Sixers. From absolute obscurity. A decade of mediocrity and aimlessness. Then finally: the Bynum trade, the knee lube, the Flamenco dancing, the bowling, the hair. Then Hinkie, and the Jrue trade. Not hiring a coach until August. Royce White. Hawes not giving a single ####. MCW rookie of the year. Embiid injury. Draft him anyway. Dario’s never coming over. Jason Richardson played?! KJ’s mom. MCW trade. KJ trade. Former Sixer Javale McGee. Former Sixer Andrei Kirilenko. Another Embiid injury. Okafor draft. Dario’s still never coming over. Pick Swap trade. Okafor law trouble. Okafor’s dad. Kendall Marshall’s dad. All the ####### Process arguments. The losing streak. League forces Colangelo on us. Ish returns. Elton Brand played?! Barely avoiding the worst record of all time. Hinkie ran out of town. The Hinkie letter. Colangelo hires his kid without any hiring process. Hinkie billboard. Sixers win the Lottery. Draft Ben Simmons. Simmons’s injury. Dario came over! Embiid plays. Embiid nicknames himself The Process. Minutes restrictions. JANUARY. TJ game winner over Porzingis. Embiid gets hurt, they play him anyway, he dominates on national TV, never plays again. Nerlens trade. Okafor’s meniscus. Covington’s meniscus. EVERYBODY’S MENISCUS. And now we’re here. Days before the 2017 NBA Draft. About 5 years after the Bynum trade. The rebuild has finally ended. We were right. We have the brightest future in sports. We were always right. And it feels good.

Done deal.  BC presser today and he wouldn't even talk about any players.  Even hinted that the pick could be traded.  Ugh.  Just tell everyone we're taking Fultz already.

Also said that immediately after Boston won the lottery, they had conversations with them about moving up.  Interesting.

Mentioned wanting to still acquire another top pick in this draft and that they'll continue to try to get a second premium pick this year.  Not sure it will happen, but would love to see us give up maybe the "other" pick that Boston doesn't get (are we allowed to trade this??) for pick 5 or 6 or 7 and get Monk.  Maybe wishful thinking.

One dumb thing he said though is that if Simmons played last year, we m ight not be in this spot to move up to #1.  Said that we could have won 10 more games and be picking at 9 or 10.  Does he really not know the details of the Kings pick swap???

One dumb thing he said though is that if Simmons played last year, we m ight not be in this spot to move up to #1.  Said that we could have won 10 more games and be picking at 9 or 10.  Does he really not know the details of the Kings pick swap???
lol

he's really not good with the media.  it's kind of a weird point to make anyway, especially when this is supposed to be the anti-tank regime.  All they keep doing is validating everything that Sam did.  God, I hate this ####### ownership group.

They basically moved up from pick 5 to number 1 for 2 ####### second round picks.  GB you Sam.  and GB you Vlade Divac.

Not sure how this could've gone any better.  A core of JoJo, Simmons, and Fultz should blossom into a title contender, even in the Warriors domination era.  Not to mention in all likely hood only one of the Lakers/Kings picks were given up and there is still a very very small minuscule chance both could end up being No. 1 overall twice.  Hinkie is to thank for this but give credit to popped-collar GM for working out such a great deal.

Embiid, Simmons, RoCo, Fultz is a great core with the Homie coming off the bench.  Just need to get a shooting guard or another forward.  Which superstars are becoming FA soon again?

Not sure how this could've gone any better.  A core of JoJo, Simmons, and Fultz should blossom into a title contender, even in the Warriors domination era.  Not to mention in all likely hood only one of the Lakers/Kings picks were given up and there is still a very very small minuscule chance both could end up being No. 1 overall twice.  Hinkie is to thank for this but give credit to popped-collar GM for working out such a great deal.

Embiid, Simmons, RoCo, Fultz is a great core with the Homie coming off the bench.  Just need to get a shooting guard or another forward.  Which superstars are becoming FA soon again?
Wonder if we can make a push for Hayward... he should be the top target.

Maybe even Wade or Blake who could provide some leadership? 

I'd like to see Millsap or Gaillinari sign here.

Westbrook of course would be insane and put as an instant contender.

No way to Wade or Millsap.  Millsap is going to get a break-the-bank offer and is already 32.  Not quite sure how Blake would fit in because they need more shooting and spacing.

Hayward and Gallo would be interesting, but Gallo would have be a friendly deal.

Nate Duncan mentioned the other day that really they probably shouldn't be signing anyone for more than 2 years, because that is when they will need to start paying Simmons (and others), so they want to maintain maximum flexibility for that point.  Hayward would presumably be a different case, though.

Westbrook not a FA.

Long Ball Larry said:
No way to Wade or Millsap.  Millsap is going to get a break-the-bank offer and is already 32.  Not quite sure how Blake would fit in because they need more shooting and spacing.

Hayward and Gallo would be interesting, but Gallo would have be a friendly deal.

Nate Duncan mentioned the other day that really they probably shouldn't be signing anyone for more than 2 years, because that is when they will need to start paying Simmons (and others), so they want to maintain maximum flexibility for that point.  Hayward would presumably be a different case, though.

Westbrook not a FA.
He is in 2 years.  Right when we'll be hopefully in contention.

JetMaxx said:
PG to Lakers potentially could be very troubling to our Lakers/Kings pick deal. 

Insein said:
Lakers is protected outside of 2-5. So if it's higher than 5, it jumps to Sac 19.
Ya I still don't know which is better for us... getting the Lakers pick or keeping the Kings pick.  Obviously Lakers at #1 is the dream but not a reality.  That Lakers pick landing between 6-8 is probably the best scenario.  Any lower than 8 and I'd want the Kings pick.  So cheering for them to end up between picks 4-8

Ya I still don't know which is better for us... getting the Lakers pick or keeping the Kings pick.  Obviously Lakers at #1 is the dream but not a reality.  That Lakers pick landing between 6-8 is probably the best scenario.  Any lower than 8 and I'd want the Kings pick.  So cheering for them to end up between picks 4-8
If it were to go down, that trade would make it likely we get a mediocre pick in a bad 2018 draft and then hand Boston a high pick in a loaded 2019 class.

If it were to go down, that trade would make it likely we get a mediocre pick in a bad 2018 draft and then hand Boston a high pick in a loaded 2019 class.
Is 2019 that much more loaded that 2018?  Also, how sure are we that in TWO full seasons, the Kings will be a bottom 5 team?  I know they don't have much but lots can happen in 2 years.  Also the value of, say, pick 6 in 2018 is better than in 2019.  I guess it doesn't really matter what happens with that pick, I'm good either way.

Users who are viewing this thread