What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (3 Viewers)

Jesus man.  I know you don't like the Sixers but it just looks desperate trying to find SOMETHING to complain about with this team to validate your incorrect analysis/predictions on the team.  If you dislike the team, that's fine... but maybe discuss things in the Bulls thread?  We are about to win our series 4-1, and we have looked really good this series.  What else do you need this team to do to impress you?  They look great end of year and you say "they should be an 8 seed but only reason they're a 3 is because the conference is so awful this year"  :rolleyes:

To say that Houston isn't a great team is madness too.  To say that 95% of the league is 'average' is factually impossible.... half the league is above average, and Toronto, Cleveland, Philly, Houston, Utah, etc are all definitely above average, good teams.  C'mon man, we're happy fans that have waited a while for this, no need to try to rain on the parade just because you misread this team. 

EDT:  Wade even said this is the BEST team he has EVER faced in round 1 of the NBA playoffs.  But I guess he's crazy too since we're mediocre/average/lucky not to be a 7 seed.
I don't see Houston that great. They win because they shoot a ton of threes. I think Utah can be a very good team and I forgot to include them. I think Minnesota can if they could get some better defense. 

I get people want to be happy but I don't get it I guess. How can you be happy with a franchise that had to purposely lose games in order to become good again? To me it's pretty cheap and kind of a bad move. I guess when fans are ok with it around the league teams feel they can blatantly do it but it leads to terrible overall basketball when the teams that are tanking. To me I'm not happy when teams tank. I hate what the Bulls are doing to do it and I was never a fan of the Sixers doing it. Both franchises are actually more of the problem for them was terrible GM FO moves that led to it. The Sixers with a ton of terrible moves since after the 01 finals. The team waited too long on AI. For Chicago part of it was bad luck. Rose getting his knee injuries as well as their other big time players getting hurt at key times. I remember that first ECF show down with Mia Rose/James and people were saying this could be a great match up for the next few yrs. Saying if Chicago could get a creator and another scorer they'd have a chance against Lebron. Then do to all the bad moves Gar/Pax made some terrible decisions and moves. Traded two draft picks for McDermontt who I thought was nothing more then a poorer Korver. Gave up Gary Harris and Joseph Nurkic for the guy two guys who could've been great now. I think they got lucky on the Butler trade. Got a nice young player with Potential but injuries have stopped him from reaching his full potential in Lavine, took a guy who Minny gave up on who I think needed a better coach to develop his talent and Gar/Pax love to draft guys from Europe in Lauri. 

My overall problem with Tanking is it's a cheap bush league tactic and the way the Sixers went about it was kind of brass, arrogant and pretty intentional for lack of better terms. The other problem is if you are a GM who can only be good when blatantly the best player is in front of you how are you gonna stay good when you don't have that option anymore? I think the 3rd problem is I view a lot of Sixers fans as incredible fake fans. I honestly don't view this city as a big pro basketball town anymore. I view it as a big College basketball town thanks to the Big 5. Working retail has given me some great eye witness to seeing people daily. From when I started working retail in 04 I saw some 76ers gear but it was mostly adults who had been around the block once or twice. People our age and younger I saw many wearing Lebron jerseys or jersey of whatever team was popular and won the title that year. I think the problem is many basketball fans pro wise are just fans of a particular player and not the teams anymore. In the last year or so when there was talk about the tanking stopping is when I started seeing more and more Sixers Jersey's. Especially in the last 6 months or so. Even seeing people who claimed to be fans of other teams hoping on the bandwagon. To me it seems theres just a lot of fake fans out there right now. I got friends who claim they are big time Sixers fans right now and I'm like really? Is that why you were a Cav's fan when Lebron was there and became a Mia fan with him and then when Mia lost in the finals you became a GS fan? It's why I love the Eagles and the fanbase because many call out the fake fans I noticed it back in the 01 finals run with the Sixers and now now. Just seems like forced excitement from people. Like I said I view this town more as a college basketball town then a pro basketball town and I think a lot of that now is do with the fact the Sixers have been mediocre for yrs now and the fact like I said many younger fans are fans of the players not the teams. But hey what the Sixers did makes people happy by all means cheer. I just don't want to hear people in this city who supported the Sixers tanking #####ING when other teams do it now because I'll be one of the first people calling them out on their hypocritical bull####. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see Houston that great. They win because they shoot a ton of threes. I think Utah can be a very good team and I forgot to include them. I think Minnesota can if they could get some better defense. 

I get people want to be happy but I don't get it I guess. How can you be happy with a franchise that had to purposely lose games in order to become good again? To me it's pretty cheap and kind of a bad move. I guess when fans are ok with it around the league teams feel they can blatantly do it but it leads to terrible overall basketball when the teams that are tanking. To me I'm not happy when teams tank. I hate what the Bulls are doing to do it and I was never a fan of the Sixers doing it. Both franchises are actually more of the problem for them was terrible GM FO moves that led to it. The Sixers with a ton of terrible moves since after the 01 finals. The team waited too long on AI. For Chicago part of it was bad luck. Rose getting his knee injuries as well as their other big time players getting hurt at key times. I remember that first ECF show down with Mia Rose/James and people were saying this could be a great match up for the next few yrs. Saying if Chicago could get a creator and another scorer they'd have a chance against Lebron. Then do to all the bad moves Gar/Pax made some terrible decisions and moves. Traded two draft picks for McDermontt who I thought was nothing more then a poorer Korver. Gave up Gary Harris and Joseph Nurkic for the guy two guys who could've been great now. I think they got lucky on the Butler trade. Got a nice young player with Potential but injuries have stopped him from reaching his full potential in Lavine, took a guy who Minny gave up on who I think needed a better coach to develop his talent and Gar/Pax love to draft guys from Europe in Lauri. 

My overall problem with Tanking is it's a cheap bush league tactic and the way the Sixers went about it was kind of brass, arrogant and pretty intentional for lack of better terms. The other problem is if you are a GM who can only be good when blatantly the best player is in front of you how are you gonna stay good when you don't have that option anymore? I think the 3rd problem is I view a lot of Sixers fans as incredible fake fans. I honestly don't view this city as a big pro basketball town anymore. I view it as a big College basketball town thanks to the Big 5. Working retail has given me some great eye witness to seeing people daily. From when I started working retail in 04 I saw some 76ers gear but it was mostly adults who had been around the block once or twice. People our age and younger I saw many wearing Lebron jerseys or jersey of whatever team was popular and won the title that year. I think the problem is many basketball fans pro wise are just fans of a particular player and not the teams anymore. In the last year or so when there was talk about the tanking stopping is when I started seeing more and more Sixers Jersey's. Especially in the last 6 months or so. Even seeing people who claimed to be fans of other teams hoping on the bandwagon. To me it seems theres just a lot of fake fans out there right now. I got friends who claim they are big time Sixers fans right now and I'm like really? Is that why you were a Cav's fan when Lebron was there and became a Mia fan with him and then when Mia lost in the finals you became a GS fan? It's why I love the Eagles and the fanbase because many call out the fake fans I noticed it back in the 01 finals run with the Sixers and now now. Just seems like forced excitement from people. Like I said I view this town more as a college basketball town then a pro basketball town and I think a lot of that now is do with the fact the Sixers have been mediocre for yrs now and the fact like I said many younger fans are fans of the players not the teams. But hey what the Sixers did makes people happy by all means cheer. I just don't want to hear people in this city who supported the Sixers tanking #####ING when other teams do it now because I'll be one of the first people calling them out on their hypocritical bull####. 
:rolleyes:

Great win guys.  So happy to see us take care of business like that vs a good Miami team.  Hopefully the time off is good to rest up and doesn't take some of our spark away.  I hope we get to start our boston/milwaukee series immediately after their series ends.  Will cheer for Milwaukee now for us to get home court but I think we match up vs boston pretty well.  So happy to not have to face Toronto/Cleve/Indiana.

Haven't heard people boasting that we are taking the east... where are you seeing this?

You yourself called Toronto a "mediocre to average" team... now you think they're underrated?

I'm glad you don't think Simmons is "terrible" lol.  To not be impressed by him this year is showing you're being a little stubborn on your analysis of this team.

These games are not fixed.  Philly is not advancing because of "tv ratings", but I suppose IF we beat Boston that will be your reasoning.
Mostly social media and Facebook on the CSN Philly feeds and other media. 

I forgot to include Toronto in my teams that were good and I don't know why. 

I'm not impressed do to the way the league is these days. Soft defense, players not playing fundamental boxout defense etc. I view Triple-Doubles as no different then QBs throwing for 400 yards. Antonio Brown or Hopkins getting almost 200 yards receiving etc. These were things for yrs only the very best got. Westbrook people think he's great because he's avg a TD the last 2 yrs. The dude plays no defense plays off his man to grab rebounds, throws up volume shots and only passes when he knows he's getting an assist. He's the reason KD left. I don't blame him. KD reminds of myself. I don't like playing with guys all about their stats not about winning titles. Is it a bit cheap he went to GS? Sure but I won't blame him for leaving OKC. Also I've said the Sixers could be a great team but they aren't there yet. I think Steph Curry is a great player but do I think he'd be shattering 3PT shooting records 

I think people are naive if they don't think this league is fixed to an extent. The Wester Conference finals in 02 between the Kings/Lakers are a great example of that. Sacramento Kings were robbed and Bill Walton was incredible creditical of the league, officiating etc in that series. Why don't you think the dude has been given a chance at an NBA game since then? David Stern was incredible quick to sweep the Donaghey stuff under a rug. If I was the boss of a huge company and something happened I'd want Law Enforcement to do anything they can to make sure others weren't apart of it but Stern was very uncooperative including protecting his officials. We could write a whole essay on the Joey Crawford special treatment from Stern. Dude was fired and brought back. Steve Javie basically admitted he T'd up players he had grudges on including AI. Then theres the whole Mark Cuban had a PI investigate the 06 Finals. The PI was asked what did he tell Cuban when his investigation was concluded. "Retired FBI agent Warren Flagg, a 20-year veteran of the bureau, said he consulted with Cuban after that playoff debacle. Flagg now runs his own New York-based investigation and security firm. He looked deep into officiating, as Flagg said, Cuban was considering a lawsuit."Cuban asked me what he should do," Flagg said of the 2006 Finals. "I told him, 'Sue and you'll win your case,' but he knew he'd be killing the Golden Goose."' People who try to argue against these theories is why didn't Cuban go and sue the league? Your answer is in the last sentence. He didn't want to kill the Golden Goose that was making him money. Plus he probably wouldn't have gotten enough support from the other owners from it. Seriously you don't think the NBA wants a Lebron/Simmons Match up in the playoffs in Simmons rookie year? That's a ton of money and big views. This is no different then people with college sports who don't think their School is covering up stuff like the PSU or MSU scandals. If you think your school isn't dirty I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida you can build a nice little city on. Sixers were the 3rd highest selling Jersey this year. Embiid and Simmons also finished in the top 10 in Jersey Sales. That Simmons/James Match up is one many NBA fans have been waiting for awhile now in the playoffs. That's big ratings. 

Anyway here's a few links on the NBA being rigged

Part 1 of a documentary on 02 WCF of 6 parts

The Greatest Tragedy in Sports.

Joe Rogan talks NBA betting scandal

McGrady calls NBA game fixed for Doc Rivers

Three stories the NBA is fixed

Simmons says 8 Dunk Contest of MJ/Nique was fixed

Donaghey explains how NBA alters games

Stern tells Players Union head he knows where some of the bodies are buried as he buried some himself

Lets not forget Stern's #### blocking of the CP3 trade by NO either among numerous draft lottery conspiracies such as Ewing to Knicks, Bulls moving up from #9 so they could take Rose, Clevland almost in the exact same spot get Kyrie Irving a year after losing Lebron. There's a ton of stuff on the NBA events wise that make people believe the league is no different then scripted wrestling. There's just too many coincidences. 

Mostly social media and Facebook on the CSN Philly feeds and other media. 

I forgot to include Toronto in my teams that were good and I don't know why. 

I'm not impressed do to the way the league is these days. Soft defense, players not playing fundamental boxout defense etc. I view Triple-Doubles as no different then QBs throwing for 400 yards. Antonio Brown or Hopkins getting almost 200 yards receiving etc. These were things for yrs only the very best got. Westbrook people think he's great because he's avg a TD the last 2 yrs. The dude plays no defense plays off his man to grab rebounds, throws up volume shots and only passes when he knows he's getting an assist. He's the reason KD left. I don't blame him. KD reminds of myself. I don't like playing with guys all about their stats not about winning titles. Is it a bit cheap he went to GS? Sure but I won't blame him for leaving OKC. Also I've said the Sixers could be a great team but they aren't there yet. I think Steph Curry is a great player but do I think he'd be shattering 3PT shooting records 

I think people are naive if they don't think this league is fixed to an extent. The Wester Conference finals in 02 between the Kings/Lakers are a great example of that. Sacramento Kings were robbed and Bill Walton was incredible creditical of the league, officiating etc in that series. Why don't you think the dude has been given a chance at an NBA game since then? David Stern was incredible quick to sweep the Donaghey stuff under a rug. If I was the boss of a huge company and something happened I'd want Law Enforcement to do anything they can to make sure others weren't apart of it but Stern was very uncooperative including protecting his officials. We could write a whole essay on the Joey Crawford special treatment from Stern. Dude was fired and brought back. Steve Javie basically admitted he T'd up players he had grudges on including AI. Then theres the whole Mark Cuban had a PI investigate the 06 Finals. The PI was asked what did he tell Cuban when his investigation was concluded. "Retired FBI agent Warren Flagg, a 20-year veteran of the bureau, said he consulted with Cuban after that playoff debacle. Flagg now runs his own New York-based investigation and security firm. He looked deep into officiating, as Flagg said, Cuban was considering a lawsuit."Cuban asked me what he should do," Flagg said of the 2006 Finals. "I told him, 'Sue and you'll win your case,' but he knew he'd be killing the Golden Goose."' People who try to argue against these theories is why didn't Cuban go and sue the league? Your answer is in the last sentence. He didn't want to kill the Golden Goose that was making him money. Plus he probably wouldn't have gotten enough support from the other owners from it. Seriously you don't think the NBA wants a Lebron/Simmons Match up in the playoffs in Simmons rookie year? That's a ton of money and big views. This is no different then people with college sports who don't think their School is covering up stuff like the PSU or MSU scandals. If you think your school isn't dirty I got some swamp land to sell you in Florida you can build a nice little city on. Sixers were the 3rd highest selling Jersey this year. Embiid and Simmons also finished in the top 10 in Jersey Sales. That Simmons/James Match up is one many NBA fans have been waiting for awhile now in the playoffs. That's big ratings. 

Anyway here's a few links on the NBA being rigged

Part 1 of a documentary on 02 WCF of 6 parts

The Greatest Tragedy in Sports.

Joe Rogan talks NBA betting scandal

McGrady calls NBA game fixed for Doc Rivers

Three stories the NBA is fixed

Simmons says 8 Dunk Contest of MJ/Nique was fixed

Donaghey explains how NBA alters games

Stern tells Players Union head he knows where some of the bodies are buried as he buried some himself

Lets not forget Stern's #### blocking of the CP3 trade by NO either among numerous draft lottery conspiracies such as Ewing to Knicks, Bulls moving up from #9 so they could take Rose, Clevland almost in the exact same spot get Kyrie Irving a year after losing Lebron. There's a ton of stuff on the NBA events wise that make people believe the league is no different then scripted wrestling. There's just too many coincidences. 
So MJ to the Bulls isn't questioned?

Bucs might pull this game off.  Lots more rest for us.  Hoping they can pull it off in 7 and give us home court.

EDT:  Game 7 is Sunday.  Our series will start Tuesday or Wednesday.  Likely Tuesday.

Bucs might pull this game off.  Lots more rest for us.  Hoping they can pull it off in 7 and give us home court.

EDT:  Game 7 is Sunday.  Our series will start Tuesday or Wednesday.  Likely Tuesday.
game 7 is actually Saturday night.  I was assuming we'd start Monday, but hard to know at this point.  I think that Tuesday is probably the latest.

Long Ball Larry said:
game 7 is actually Saturday night.  I was assuming we'd start Monday, but hard to know at this point.  I think that Tuesday is probably the latest.
Haha I keep forgetting that I'm a day ahead. Google search already adjusted to my time zone so game 7 is Sunday at noon for me, Saturday night in North America :p

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-76ers-eastern-conference-semifinal-schedule-scenarios-nba-playoffs-boston-celtics-milwaukee-bucks-20180428.html

The 76ers will find out their Eastern Conference semifinal opponent tonight.

The Boston Celtics will entertain the Milwaukee Bucks at the TD Garden in a decisive Game 7 of their quarterfinals series. The winner advances to face the third-seeded Sixers.

If the second-seeded Celtics win tonight, they would get home-court advantage and host the Sixers at 8 p.m. in Game 1 on Monday. Game 2 would be 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Garden. The next two games will be played at the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday and May 7. The times are to be determined. If needed, Game 5 would be back in Boston on May 9. Game 6 would be May 11 in Philly, while Game 7 would occur in Boston on May 13.

If the seventh-seeded Bucks win tonight, the Sixers would get home-court advantage and host Milwaukee at 8 p.m. in Game 1 on Monday at the Wells Fargo Center. Game 2 would be 7 p.m. Wednesday. The series would move to the Bucks’ BMO Harris Bradley Center for the next two games. Game 3 would be 7 p.m. Friday, while Game 4 would be 8 p.m. Sunday.

If needed, Game 5 would be May 8 in Philly. Game 6 would be May 10 in Milwaukee, while Game 7 would be May 13 back in Philly.

I think I would rather play Boston.  But we should beat either of these medicore teams
Looks like you'll get your wish.  Would have preferred home court but meh.  How we come out game 1 is gonna be huge for this series.

Let's knock Boston out again like the birds did in February. 

Random shot in the dark prediction:
G1: Philly
G2:  Boston
G3:  Philly
G4:  Philly (OT)
G5:  Boston
G6:  Philly

Embiid is playing a horrible game. he knows it too, he is in his own head or something. Series will be tougher if he can't figure it out. 

this Celtics team is not good, will be really disappointed if they don't win this series. 

Embiid is playing a horrible game. he knows it too, he is in his own head or something. Series will be tougher if he can't figure it out. 

this Celtics team is not good, will be really disappointed if they don't win this series. 
Dont think he's playing THAT bad.  He still has 11 boards and 24 points and is shooting well from inside the arc.  Difference is 3 point shooting.  We are 3 for 17!!!!  Celtics 13-29.  That's an insane difference.  Didn't think we'd be outscored 39-9 from behind the arc after 3 quarters. 

Dont think he's playing THAT bad.  He still has 11 boards and 24 points and is shooting well from inside the arc.  Difference is 3 point shooting.  We are 3 for 17!!!!  Celtics 13-29.  That's an insane difference.  Didn't think we'd be outscored 39-9 from behind the arc after 3 quarters. 
yeah, and quite a few of those are wide open too. and Embiid is playing ok, but could be playing much better. just seems to be off at times, can't aritculate it that well. 

Didn't know that about them being the best 3 point defending team in the league this year.  That's not a good matchup for us.  But we can't possibly shoot this bad on Thursday, and Boston can't shoot that well.  4 for 20!  So bad :(

I feel like Covington misses every single 3 I watch him shoot.  I know he hits some, but legit don't think I've ever seen it.

FG%     3PT%     FT%   
PHI:    43.2%     20.0%    72.4%
BOS:  49.4%     47.2%     94.1% 

That is not okay.

FG%     3PT%     FT%   
PHI:    43.2%     20.0%    72.4%
BOS:  49.4%     47.2%     94.1% 

That is not okay.
yeah it was ugly. good test for Brown in how he has them bounce back next game. only good news i can think of is they should have lost this game by 30-40. and i'm not sure the Sixers can play much worse

Interesting.  I think Boston would have taken Tatum #1 anyways though.
i'm not so sure. I know Ainge got all salty cause the guy who went to Phoenix stood him up for a pre-draft interview, but i know they were all about him. Maybe not Fultz, but all the talk after the draft that they wanted Tatum the whole time sounds like a lot of b.s. to me. that organization has pulled stuff like that for the past few years, with the rumors about offers the Sixers sent them, etc. 

i'm not so sure. I know Ainge got all salty cause the guy who went to Phoenix stood him up for a pre-draft interview, but i know they were all about him. Maybe not Fultz, but all the talk after the draft that they wanted Tatum the whole time sounds like a lot of b.s. to me. that organization has pulled stuff like that for the past few years, with the rumors about offers the Sixers sent them, etc. 
Ya I'm not sure who it would have been but if they wanted Fultz bad enough they wouldn't have traded out.  I think Tatum was their guy the whole time but either way it wasn't Markelle.

Ya I'm not sure who it would have been but if they wanted Fultz bad enough they wouldn't have traded out.  I think Tatum was their guy the whole time but either way it wasn't Markelle.
i think they were happy with keeping thomas or they knew they were close to getting kyrie

This is a bad loss. We had it
Chalk it up to the stupid 5 minutes of basketball at the end of the half. Up 20 and you keep chucking 3s not going in? Yeah easy way for a team down 20 to get back into the game. Just poor basketball IQ and no one even the coach considers calling a TO at any point? They gave this win to Boston with a bow on it

Chalk it up to the stupid 5 minutes of basketball at the end of the half. Up 20 and you keep chucking 3s not going in? Yeah easy way for a team down 20 to get back into the game. Just poor basketball IQ and no one even the coach considers calling a TO at any point? They gave this win to Boston with a bow on it
i'm sure Brown considered a TO, and i'm sure he wanted the guys on the floor to stop the bleeding and not bail them out with a time out. obviously didn't work though

Ugh.  Missed the game today unfortunately.  Breakdown?  Gonna be tough to win this series now.

Ugh.  Missed the game today unfortunately.  Breakdown?  Gonna be tough to win this series now.
Up 22 with 6 mins in the half then started to jack up 3s for no reason and missing. Boston came back as they kept jacking up and missing threes. No-one called timeout or slowed the game down. Barkley said on TNT at the half it was some of the stupidest basketball he's seen a team play all year. Early on Boston's big guys who won them game 1 struggled but on the run they found their stroke. Jaylen Brown came off the bench and exploded defensively for them. Last few minutes of the game the Sixers took some pretty bad shot selections including an Embiid Curry long 3 that missed. Defensively Boston played the lane daring Simmons to shoot or hand the ball off. Defensively it was a great game plan. For at least 8 mins Brown had McConnel in over Simmons do to how poorly he played but put Ben in for the final 6 mins of the game. They exposed a lot of Simmons weaknesses already discussed. The Sixers basically gave Boston the game last night and it can be chalked up to the final 8 mines before the half. 

Must win obviously.  Really curious to see how ben Simmons responds to that horrible game
Awful start. Ugh. 

But if we lose this game then we don't deserve to advance anyways.  Will need a monster 2nd half but if we cant pull this one out than that's a big disappointment.  Cmon guys. 

You know this season has still been a great success.  Made playoffs, won a series.  But we were looking great.  Totally turned back into a pumpkin in this series.  Combo of bad coaching and awful plays at crucial times.  Everyone should learn from it. I'm alittle concerned with the number of mistakes though. There was too many to count.

You know this season has still been a great success.  Made playoffs, won a series.  But we were looking great.  Totally turned back into a pumpkin in this series.  Combo of bad coaching and awful plays at crucial times.  Everyone should learn from it. I'm alittle concerned with the number of mistakes though. There was too many to count.
yeah, it hurts. Football can't start soon enough. and all the #### talking from all of Boston, i can understand why Jah got in a fight up there. 

but yeah, the regression in the team is what is so disturbing. some of that has to rest on Brown, but this is also Brown's first playoff as a head coach (i believe) and hopefully he has learned what he needs to. 

I agree that in the big picture, this has been a success.  And honestly, they could be up 2-1 in this series easily.  Ultimately, they got outworked and out coached by Boston.  Hopefully they will use this as a learning experience for the future and realize the intensity and determination needed to really go deep into the playoffs.   It’s also possible that Simmons and embiid are a bit tired overall, given that this season is by far the biggest workload they have ever had to handle.  Simmons needs to work on that shot in the offseason and show his dedication to continue to grow.  Really hoping they come out and play this next game hard.  Even if they lose, it will show me something if they give it their all.

I agree that in the big picture, this has been a success.  And honestly, they could be up 2-1 in this series easily.  Ultimately, they got outworked and out coached by Boston.  Hopefully they will use this as a learning experience for the future and realize the intensity and determination needed to really go deep into the playoffs.   It’s also possible that Simmons and embiid are a bit tired overall, given that this season is by far the biggest workload they have ever had to handle.  Simmons needs to work on that shot in the offseason and show his dedication to continue to grow.  Really hoping they come out and play this next game hard.  Even if they lose, it will show me something if they give it their all.
I felt they played hard this last game.  Just too many stupid turnovers

I felt they played hard this last game.  Just too many stupid turnovers
Yeah, but I mean be totally intense and focused on every play.  To some extent, the stupid turnovers are just a lack of extreme focus.  That last Simmons inbound pass was just the two of them not being 100% dialed in.

Ya, we should for sure be up 2-1.  This stings.  Even down 2-1 and I'd feel confident. 

Call it turnovers, dumb mistakes, etc.... but maaaaaaan Brad is a genius.  He might be the SMARTEST coach from an analytical/game planning point of view that I've seen since Phil.  We need to win the next game by 20.  We won't win the series, but at least win a game or two here guys.

Meh we shouldn't be up 2-1. We played ourselves into 0-3. The Celtics have completely taken them out of their game. We should be raining threes and working the ball to get open looks. When we have to go down low to Embiid, yea we'll most likely get a 2 but it takes twice as long and we bleed the clock for the C's. Plays right into their game plan. 

They need to come out tonight and play their game. If they lose, so be it. But go down swinging with your game rather than letting the other team dictate to you. They're not winning the series but it would be nice to get a win or 2. 

Insein said:
Meh we shouldn't be up 2-1. We played ourselves into 0-3. The Celtics have completely taken them out of their game. We should be raining threes and working the ball to get open looks. When we have to go down low to Embiid, yea we'll most likely get a 2 but it takes twice as long and we bleed the clock for the C's. Plays right into their game plan. 

They need to come out tonight and play their game. If they lose, so be it. But go down swinging with your game rather than letting the other team dictate to you. They're not winning the series but it would be nice to get a win or 2. 
I just want to see good effort tonight.

We really need a great off-season fa add.  If we get LeBron, great.  But it doesn't have to be him.  

Insein said:

Celtics were the best team in the league at defending the 3 this year by a long shot.  They're great at it which takes us out of our game automatically.  Not sure if Brown trying to battle that is smart or dumb, but seems like we tried to adjust a bit.  I think they'll shoot more threes tonight for sure.

EDT:  Well they did the opposite.  Brown admitted today to really changing up the game plan and going inside since boston was so good at guarding outside.  Seemed to work well

I just want to see good effort tonight.

We really need a great off-season fa add.  If we get LeBron, great.  But it doesn't have to be him.  
Before last week, I would have put the odds of his landing spot around 40% philly, 40% LA, 20% Cleve.  With whats gone on this week I almost put it at 40% Cleve, 30% Philly, 30% LA.

That was an awesome exciting quarter.  That's the fire, speed, energy, passion that got us to where we are right now.  Need to keep that up for as long as this series lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread