What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (1 Viewer)

They have to fire him today.  The timing of this could not be worse.  Draft is in 3 weeks and free agency is a week after.  Nobody will come here if there's even a 1% chance those other accounts are him. How do you prove they're not in an extremely short time frame? I don't think you can.  And this is only the most consequential off season in recent memory. No big deal.

Still not fired. He's going to try to weasel his way out of this and spineless Harris is going to let him. They are going to squander everything we suffered for the last 5 years.

Seriously what is the possible outcome here? We're viewed a complete clown show by players in the league including our own team. No free agents come here. Ben walks when his time comes. Joel is locked in but he'll be gone as soon as he can. Then it would all have been for nothing.

Insein said:
Seriously what is the possible outcome here? We're viewed a complete clown show by players in the league including our own team. No free agents come here. Ben walks when his time comes. Joel is locked in but he'll be gone as soon as he can. Then it would all have been for nothing.
please stop saying this

Insein said:
It's looking true even though the Fanatic (home of the Sixers) is trying their best to make it seem like a Hinkie setup job. Which admittedly would be fantastic if it was.
Seems more childish then anything else. Either way I found the culprit Kylie Jenner AKA Ben Simmons NEW GIRLFRIEND. Doesn't anyone know association with this family in anyway is form of bad luck? Also it makes it more unlikely Lebron goes to Philly he has no time to deal with that family Drama with TT and Khloe already giving him a Headache. 

Deamon said:
ahh, didn't know this existed.  Really wish this thread was more active.
I asked and didn't get an answer there but why is the NBA thread in the FFA part of the forum when there's a basketball section already? Would make more sense to put that thread in this section and more active posters maybe in the section. 

I’ve gone through a lot of stages with this.  At first just kind of confused.  Then bemused.  Then investigative.  Then shocked. Then really angry at colangelo and the league. Then kind of fearful and panicky about what the future will hold for this franchise. 

And now I’m moving on to conspiracy theories, with bill Simmons being at the top of my list for setting this whole thing up.

I’ve gone through a lot of stages with this.  At first just kind of confused.  Then bemused.  Then investigative.  Then shocked. Then really angry at colangelo and the league. Then kind of fearful and panicky about what the future will hold for this franchise. 

And now I’m moving on to conspiracy theories, with bill Simmons being at the top of my list for setting this whole thing up.
If it gets rid of Collangelo then Simmons did us a favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently he's fighting for his job and saying he didn't know about his wife's tweets.  How could he not know?  And telling her all the inside details and her leaking them is as much his fault as hers.

please stop saying this
He's not wrong. I fell into a conversation two guys were having behind the the net at the 76ers/Kings game I went too right before the all star break. One of them was a fan the other guy was some sort of Sixers staff member not sure if he was in PR/Tickets or what but had some interesting stuff. This was the same day the Noel to ATL for Teague or Schraoder happened. He said Jerry Colagelo is a pretty cool guy and back then he was coming from UTAH (OR wherever he was living at the time) to Philly 3 times a month. Before he left USA basketball and was hired by the 76ers as a consultant first he took a poll and kind of did his own research and recruitment of USA basketball's stars to see how they viewed the 76ers and what chance he had maybe anding them. Basically to summarize many of the players and people around the league considered Hinkie a running joke. A numbers guy who knew how to get assets but no idea how to use them. The Organization was viewed as a complete joke and laughing stock. Many people felt terrible for Brett Brown especially the way Hinkie was handling Brown. A few people close to Brown apparently told JC Brown wouldn't extend his deal and leave if Hinkie was still around. I heard this one way before anyone in the media broke out this theory and Hinkie left. He quoted the source saying "Hinkie was a jackass who only cared about himself and if you dared question his moves you were in the doghouse.". What I got from the whole conversation was Hinkie was nothing more then the GM version of Chip Kelly. Anyway back to the players JC realized even if the Sixers drafted Simmons and were good no Big time FA was coming to Philly unless he got another guy either an A list star via trade or a B list start. he also knew he needed to sign someone in the JJ Reddick terms of players as well. Now I don't know if anything has changed since Hinkie left and what this whole thing with JC's son has done to the team but either way @Inseinisn't wrong with his theory. Also say they get rid of Bryan the Sixers could end up with worse.

I work in retail as many know and one of the stores in my district got a knew Store Director. Well the people there thought the last guy was bad? This guy is much worse. At least 4 people have quit and 5 others have transferred and the assistant SD has asked for a Transfer as well. Now I' not the biggest fan of my SD but it could be way worse as much as I'd want the guy gone. Just more so saying be careful what you wish for as it could be way worse. I know a lot of people view Hinkie as some sort of god here but what I've heard from people was he wasn't that great of a guy either. Like I said I got the feeling the dude was Chip Kelly Esque. I don't know if it got as bad as Chip did but the fact BB wasn't gonna extend if Hinkie was here just tells me everything I needed to know. The 76ers had a choice. Either Brown left or Hinkie stays. I don't know if the NBA really forced Hinkie out as more so put pressure on the Sixers to just stop tanking as hard as they were. I think there were other issues here at force and Brown being the guy he is won't divulge into details. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Collangelo still not fired. 
He just got back from a business trip. Also Sixers didn't want to do anything nor the NBA about it on Thursday as it would interfere with Game 1 of the NBA finals. I don't see Bryan this dumb to do this. The theory I've seen which I believe is it was his wife. Now I don't know the repercussions of that but I've also read it's gonna be incredible hard for anyone to prove BC was directly associated with the accounts without ample hard hard evidence. 

Sixers open up as 3rd best odds to win 2019 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.  Only GS and Houston have better odds than us...

Woj says Bryan and Barbara have both gone through multi-hour interviews, and that ownership will take the next 24-48 hours to evaluate if they should keep Colangelo. Their main question is if they can separate Colangelo from a family member.

These MFers are going to try to let Collangelo stay and hope that the fans aren't paying attention. 

THEY ARE GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING WE'VE SUFFERED FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS!!!!

Long Ball Larry said:
If he really didn't know about this whole thing, it does kinda suck for him.

oh well, karma.
He threw his wife under the bus to save his rep and his money.

lol, glad i didn't check this thread during that mess. i was similar to @Insein and getting very angry and feeling defeated. now on to better things

So I missed all the juicy news this week. I think Brown deserves to be the GM and Coach Full time. He seems to know what he wants and he was under Pop for so long. I think Philly signing Griffin is a mistake. I don't think he's a great GM. He isn't terrible but the reason Lebron loved him was he let Lebron have carte Blanche over the roster. I don't think DG would have the best intentions for the Sixers organization if Lebron were to come. I think thats why they need Brown in Charge because he'll have the best intentions. 

on the BC front it seemed like the team was gonna keep him but BC decided since his wife was involved in the whole thing it was better to mutually agree to part. I actually figured this and said this from the beginning if Bryan was gonna be out it was gonna be through resignation and not termination. I think it really stinks if he had no idea this was going on for him. He seems from a personal stand point a great guy. However I think from what I've read a lot of experts agree with me. What coach or GM or anyone in big business doesn't share his daily work with their significant other? Could you say he was a bit careless with offering the info? yeah sure but he isn't the first. Apparently Jamis Winston's defense attorney bragged to her husband about how they (Her and FSU) covered up the Winston assaults to keep him on the team at least according to a buddy of mine who went to FSU who was at a party the husband was at and bragging about it. Either way point is spouses talk about work. Maybe they should have a rule about what you can discuss with your spouse I don't know but either way BC won't be the last to get in trouble for this. 

DJackson10 said:
So I missed all the juicy news this week. I think Brown deserves to be the GM and Coach Full time. He seems to know what he wants and he was under Pop for so long. I think Philly signing Griffin is a mistake. I don't think he's a great GM. He isn't terrible but the reason Lebron loved him was he let Lebron have carte Blanche over the roster. I don't think DG would have the best intentions for the Sixers organization if Lebron were to come. I think thats why they need Brown in Charge because he'll have the best intentions. 

on the BC front it seemed like the team was gonna keep him but BC decided since his wife was involved in the whole thing it was better to mutually agree to part. I actually figured this and said this from the beginning if Bryan was gonna be out it was gonna be through resignation and not termination. I think it really stinks if he had no idea this was going on for him. He seems from a personal stand point a great guy. However I think from what I've read a lot of experts agree with me. What coach or GM or anyone in big business doesn't share his daily work with their significant other? Could you say he was a bit careless with offering the info? yeah sure but he isn't the first. Apparently Jamis Winston's defense attorney bragged to her husband about how they (Her and FSU) covered up the Winston assaults to keep him on the team at least according to a buddy of mine who went to FSU who was at a party the husband was at and bragging about it. Either way point is spouses talk about work. Maybe they should have a rule about what you can discuss with your spouse I don't know but either way BC won't be the last to get in trouble for this. 
BC didn't decide anything. there was no possible way he didn't no anything about the other accounts. why in the world would the 3 burner accounts that the ringer didn't mention all go private with-in an hour or 2 after Brian found out. 

and sure, it isn't huge that a husband would go home and tell his wife some things. However, it is completely awful how much he lied about things and how he threw his wife under the bus. dude came off as a real ### and was apparent throughout the whole process. when you are caught and you keep lying to everyone, it is just b.s. and you need to go. Most normal people would have come out after a day or 2 and said something along the lines of "ok, i have found out a little more about these other accounts. i would prefer to not go into all the details, but my wife had some accounts and was expressing her thoughts. I appreciate her attempts to defend me, and my collars (show some humanity and humility with a little humor), and i will work with the team regarding what will be best for all parties going forward"

Is that really that hard? dude sucks at life.

BC didn't decide anything. there was no possible way he didn't no anything about the other accounts. why in the world would the 3 burner accounts that the ringer didn't mention all go private with-in an hour or 2 after Brian found out. 

and sure, it isn't huge that a husband would go home and tell his wife some things. However, it is completely awful how much he lied about things and how he threw his wife under the bus. dude came off as a real ### and was apparent throughout the whole process. when you are caught and you keep lying to everyone, it is just b.s. and you need to go. Most normal people would have come out after a day or 2 and said something along the lines of "ok, i have found out a little more about these other accounts. i would prefer to not go into all the details, but my wife had some accounts and was expressing her thoughts. I appreciate her attempts to defend me, and my collars (show some humanity and humility with a little humor), and i will work with the team regarding what will be best for all parties going forward"

Is that really that hard? dude sucks at life.
All reports from Woj and company had him staying for the most part. It looks like they knew it was his wife and they were keeping him. Trust me I took enough psych in school to realize based on the statements both made they were typical CYA comments on both parties. Lets agree to part ways. Heck even Jerry was trying to get his son's job saved and knowing Josh Harris and what a clown show he runs with the Devils I wouldn't be surprised if thy were gonna keep him. BC really had no choice if the team kept him the trust is gone. Also lets not pretend the Sixers are so innocent as an organization either with all their secrecy to the fans especially when it comes to injuries and all. I'm actually kind of glad that injury stuff finally got ousted. Shows how little leeway the Sixers had in trying to get rid of Okafor. The Sixers could barely pay anyone to take him and there were fans out there thinking they could get a first for the guy. Yeah its a bad thing it happened but at least some of the truths are finally out for fans to see 

Looks like Kwahi Leonard is officially asking out of SA now. According to Ramona Shelbourn he would like to go to the Lakers as his top choice. Leonard feels like SA betrayed him somehow and he's been rehabbing his quad in San Diego the last 2 months. Coach Pop and Leonard have talked over the phone but no personal meetings. Pop has been out of town for Family business. 

terrible news, bums me out:

Molly Sullivan@MollySullivanTV

After six years as the sideline reporter for the @sixers, I have been informed that @NBCSPhilly is moving in a ‘new direction’ that does not include me...heartbreaking. I plan to write more. (Soon). Until then, thank you all for the memories.

terrible news, bums me out:

Molly Sullivan@MollySullivanTV

After six years as the sideline reporter for the @sixers, I have been informed that @NBCSPhilly is moving in a ‘new direction’ that does not include me...heartbreaking. I plan to write more. (Soon). Until then, thank you all for the memories.
She was only there to help get eyes on the games while they were terrible. They needed something for people to watch while they tried to trout out guys like Hollis Thompson who had no business running an offense nightly. However she was pretty good. 

Unrelated to actual basketball but it was kind of neat to learn that Marc Zumoff is a pretty big Soccer fan. Was tweeting Jonathan Tannenwald the Union beat guy and I asked him who was taking over while JP went to Russia since he's part of Fox Commentary for Euro League and some UEFA league as well as World Cup matches and mentioned I wasn't impressed with Z. JT told me Zumoff had a pretty extensive knowledge of the game but doesn't get to talk about it much. Still don't like his announcing of over zealousness though. 

I'm honestly not sure what the Sixers are doing here. I guess they are praying PHX is bad or acquiring another 1st to possible get Leonard?

Verified account 1m1 minute ago

More

Suns are acquiring Mikal Bridges in a deal that will send Smith to Sixers, league source tells ESPN. Suns will send 2021 first-round pick via Miami in deal too.

I'm honestly not sure what the Sixers are doing here. I guess they are praying PHX is bad or acquiring another 1st to possible get Leonard?

Verified account 1m1 minute ago

More

Suns are acquiring Mikal Bridges in a deal that will send Smith to Sixers, league source tells ESPN. Suns will send 2021 first-round pick via Miami in deal too.
very strange move

brett's comments on the bridges trade: https://www.libertyballers.com/2018/6/22/17491814/brett-brown-on-decision-to-trade-mikal-bridges-final-say-zhaire-smith

Says Zhaire was their 1B and that the Suns brought the offer to them.  Hard to argue with that.  Liking a lot of what he is saying overall.
I just hope They gave Bridges the courtesy of letting him know he may not stay with the Sixers on draft night and this wasn't an out on the limb move they got after. Wouldn't be good PR with mom working for the team either for them to do that. I understand business no hard feelings yada yada yada but this has different circumstances from just being another draft day trade. 

Honestly who cares? If this is Miles Bridges and not Mikhail Bridges, no one gives a crap. It's because he went to Nova and his mom works for the team. No one batted an eye when we sent Elfrid Payton to the Magic for Dario and a future first.

Take the Homer glasses off and realize it's a business. Bridges is still in the NBA and still an instant millionaire. He'll be fine. Meanwhile, the sixers still got a good defensive player and a future first at a time when Miami may be terrible. Or another asset to trade if they are interested in Kawhi. I like that Brett was aggressive.

Honestly who cares? If this is Miles Bridges and not Mikhail Bridges, no one gives a crap. It's because he went to Nova and his mom works for the team. No one batted an eye when we sent Elfrid Payton to the Magic for Dario and a future first.

Take the Homer glasses off and realize it's a business. Bridges is still in the NBA and still an instant millionaire. He'll be fine. Meanwhile, the sixers still got a good defensive player and a future first at a time when Miami may be terrible. Or another asset to trade if they are interested in Kawhi. I like that Brett was aggressive.
Wasn't the Payton thing agreed to before hand? This kind of came out of left field I had heard reports earlier in the day if the Sixers couldn't get Bridges they'd trade the pick. 

Wasn't the Payton thing agreed to before hand? This kind of came out of left field I had heard reports earlier in the day if the Sixers couldn't get Bridges they'd trade the pick. 
No it wasn't. Hinkie sniped Orlando. He wanted Saric all along but knew Orlando wanted Payton. So he picked Payton and got an extra first out of it.

No it wasn't. Hinkie sniped Orlando. He wanted Saric all along but knew Orlando wanted Payton. So he picked Payton and got an extra first out of it.
I remember hearing that they had agreed on the trade before hand something Orlando was after Den would trade to pick to another team who could jump them for Payton. 

Users who are viewing this thread