What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (3 Viewers)

I think my bias for Philly and against Boston is too strong, but I would switch those 2. Boston sucks. I also may slot them above Milwaukee, or at least have them closer. Toronto is the one that I would have above the other 3 (for now)
celtics are still number 3 in the whole NBA in net rating and average point differential.  Sixers are 8th.

celtics are still number 3 in the whole NBA in net rating and average point differential.  Sixers are 8th.
C's also had one of the easiest schedules in the league (played 2 playoff teams in last month and a half i believe). And any stats with the Sixers i would throw out this year. Literally like 4 different teams. 1st month and a half when we tried the Fultz experiment starting him over JJ was just terrible. things corrected after that, but i think have to consider learning curve with bringing in Jimmy and this 2nd wave

C's also had one of the easiest schedules in the league (played 2 playoff teams in last month and a half i believe). And any stats with the Sixers i would throw out this year. Literally like 4 different teams. 1st month and a half when we tried the Fultz experiment starting him over JJ was just terrible. things corrected after that, but i think have to consider learning curve with bringing in Jimmy and this 2nd wave
interesting point.  here are espn's RPI rankings. Sixers 5th, Celtics 13th.

http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi

From The Athletic NBA power rankings:

I don’t want to overreact to such a small sample size with Tobias Harris in town since the trade, but the numbers in these small sample sizes for the Philadelphia 76ers are pretty ridiculous. In the 131 minutes Harris has spent on the court as a Sixer, the team has an offensive rating of 116.0 points per 100 possessions. That’s pretty much all-time status right there when you extrapolate it out over the course of a season. The Sixers are also a +5.6 net rating in those minutes. But take Harris out of the game, and not only do the Sixers manage to make it work, but they’ve also become more potent and deadlier.

In the 61 minutes with Harris on the bench, the Sixers have 122.7 offensive rating and a net rating of +16.7. It doesn’t mean that Philadelphia is actually better without Harris on the court, as much as it means the Sixers can really stagger their minutes a lot of different ways while churning out deadly combinations most teams can’t match. The strength of the starting lineup becomes the depth for the Sixers, since Brett Brown can stagger minutes and always keep three of those guys on the floor at any given time. It’s still very early and the Sixers have a lot to figure out, but the early returns are pretty exciting unless you’re going to play against Philadelphia.

man i always forget about this thread. Good team win today. Happy about how Butler has looked the last few games too. Playoff run should be fun. we can worry about all the contract stuff after the season

man i always forget about this thread. Good team win today. Happy about how Butler has looked the last few games too. Playoff run should be fun. we can worry about all the contract stuff after the season
Yea it's like he heard people talking about how uninterested he's been. He definitely kicked it up a notch this week.

Yea it's like he heard people talking about how uninterested he's been. He definitely kicked it up a notch this week.
i would love for him to come out at some point and say how he has been saving himself for the playoffs. Definitely scared of signing him for multi year contract even if he has a good playoffs, but he seems to be fitting in well the more of these games they are playing

oh my god, i thought we were safe, but now it is clear that we will fall to 5 and get matched up with the Celts, lose 4-1, Embiid tears ACL, Butler leaves, Harris leaves, Ben tries shooting 6 3s per game next year making 1%, hinkie becomes GM of the Wiz and rebuilds them and finishes the job, Josh and partners sell team and make $1 billion, while the fans are left crying in the corner in the fetal position

some call me a pessimist

some people call me maurice

i call them dreamers

but i'm not the only one

i hope some you'll join us

and the world will be as one

oh my god, i thought we were safe, but now it is clear that we will fall to 5 and get matched up with the Celts, lose 4-1, Embiid tears ACL, Butler leaves, Harris leaves, Ben tries shooting 6 3s per game next year making 1%, hinkie becomes GM of the Wiz and rebuilds them and finishes the job, Josh and partners sell team and make $1 billion, while the fans are left crying in the corner in the fetal position
Fair fear.  But we likely only need to win 1 of our last 3 to lock down the 3 seed.

I don’t think that’s right.  Celts have tiebreaker on us.  We need to win 2.
They've played more games.  They'd have to go 3-0 and us 1-3.  Don't see that happening at all.  I'd way rather 4th than 3rd place anyways. Vs indi then vs Milwaukee is much better than vs det and then Toronto. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing Zaire get a little more time to see if he could slow down those guards.

and honestly Ben can eat a #### with those comments about the booing.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Zaire get a little more time to see if he could slow down those guards.

and honestly Ben can eat a #### with those comments about the booing.
Ben looked lost out there.

I cannot believe how bad they looked overall.  If butler hadn't started taking over they would have lost by 20+.

the defense is absolutely dreadful. 

I don't feel great about this series

Ben looked lost out there.

I cannot believe how bad they looked overall.  If butler hadn't started taking over they would have lost by 20+.

the defense is absolutely dreadful. 

I don't feel great about this series
I guess the only thing to take solace in is that the sixers played just about their worst game while I think the nets played close to their best.

however, without embiid, I’m not sure how much to the sixers will be able to do strategy wise in order to change that dynamic.

I guess the only thing to take solace in is that the sixers played just about their worst game while I think the nets played close to their best.

however, without embiid, I’m not sure how much to the sixers will be able to do strategy wise in order to change that dynamic.
And we could not hit any threes.  

They look better tonight.  Look like a different  team 

Loved they way they played tonight.  Committed to finding the guys behind the arc that were on fire, playing unselfishly and moving the ball well, etc.  I'd like to see Joel sit one more game and return for game 5 to put the series away.

I agree with that. If the injury is as serious as it seems, rest is the only way it will get better. They've shown that he isn't needed to beat Brooklyn. Boban has been owning the paint against them. Get Jo healthier to go against Toronto.

I agree with that. If the injury is as serious as it seems, rest is the only way it will get better. They've shown that he isn't needed to beat Brooklyn. Boban has been owning the paint against them. Get Jo healthier to go against Toronto.
the past 2 games really erased whatever that was that happened in game one.

i am thinking embiid could have played if he really had to.  i agree rest him this whole series if they want.

Toronto looks very beatable to me  

the past 2 games really erased whatever that was that happened in game one.

i am thinking embiid could have played if he really had to.  i agree rest him this whole series if they want.

Toronto looks very beatable to me  
Let's see how Toronto looks tonight. They bounced back just like we did in game 2.

Sixers have to come back strong tonight. Can't rely on home court getting us back from down 2-0. Have to somehow find a way to win tonight.

Still think we win in 6.

looked great  last night even with embiid very sick.  looking good for us

Last edited by a moderator:
Less terrible tonight
i just want them to play it close into the 4th qtr and see what happens.  they need a great start sunday.  they dont seem the type of team to come back on the road vs a good team.  it was nice to see multiple players start shooting better.  embiid, harris, reddick, scott. etc.  if we hit threes like that or even close to that we should have a good shot to win

What a way to lose.

Ultimately these are the types of losses that cause young teams to grow. Hopefully Joel and Ben take these to heart this off season.

Joel needs to get his body in order for next season. He has to get on the right diet and conditioning program. 

Ben, he needs a damn jump shot and to find a way to harness that occasional aggressiveness. 

They'll be better off after this but man what a way to lose.

Interesting stats on the starters from the athletic.

The final numbers on the Sixers’ starters:

• Regular season: 161 minutes, 119.0 offensive rating, 101.4 defensive rating, +17.6 net rating (No. 4 of the 66 lineups that logged more than 150 minutes)

• Playoffs: 173 minutes, 113.4 offensive rating, 88.5 defensive rating, +24.9 net rating (No. 1 of the 15 lineups that logged more than 50 minutes, despite playing seven games against the No. 2 lineup in Toronto’s starters)

Interesting stats on the starters from the athletic.

The final numbers on the Sixers’ starters:

• Regular season: 161 minutes, 119.0 offensive rating, 101.4 defensive rating, +17.6 net rating (No. 4 of the 66 lineups that logged more than 150 minutes)

• Playoffs: 173 minutes, 113.4 offensive rating, 88.5 defensive rating, +24.9 net rating (No. 1 of the 15 lineups that logged more than 50 minutes, despite playing seven games against the No. 2 lineup in Toronto’s starters)
So, roll it back. Come on Jimmy. LeBron is all done. Stay in Philly.

CentralPA said:
Need to keep Jimmy, so so bad.  If they can hold on to him then use the draft to get some much needed bench depth.
It's going to be a hard sell it seems. He can get an extra year and another $40m from Philly but he might think he can get that in endorsements from other places. If he's about winning though like he says, this is the closest place to doing it unless GSW brought him in after Durant leaves.

It's going to be a hard sell it seems. He can get an extra year and another $40m from Philly but he might think he can get that in endorsements from other places. If he's about winning though like he says, this is the closest place to doing it unless GSW brought him in after Durant leaves.
Yep, for NBA stars it is all about branding these days instead of winning titles.  See James, LeBron

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania

The Philadelphia 76ers are hiring San Antonio Spurs assistant Ime Udoka as an assistant coach on Brett Brown’s staff, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania

Udoka will take Monty Williams‘ spot on Brett Brown’s staff, a major hire by the 76ers. Udoka is a highly-regarded assistant coach who has had strong head coaching interviews over the past two years.
From a day or 2 ago.  Supposedly will be the defensive coordinator.  If he was really the key to the Spurs' defense, this seems like a great hire.  Spurs had great defenses the past several years.  This year was a dip, but honestly with their personnel, being the 20th-rated defense was pretty good.

Also, I keep thinking about this season and, at least in hindsight, how close they actually were to a championship this year.  They took the presumed champions to the 1-yard line and probably win the series if Joel was healthy (game 4 still makes me crazy).  We know they had a better matchup with the Bucks than Raps, and the Bucks ended up being figured out better on offense anyway.  Then a depleted Warriors team in the finals.  Obviously not close to a guarantee they would have done what the Raps did, but there is easily a case when you look at it now.

So I guess now that the shock and anger of the draft has worn off, let’s think about what the team will look like.  After all of these shenanigans, they better ####### bring back both butler and Harris (or somehow get a different max guy for one of them).  Which probably leaves the roster like this:

embiid 

simmons

butler

harris

reddick

thybulle

Zaire

scott

tj

bolden

shake

some backup center (please)

If I do that by holding the bird rights and signing:

butler (max 32.7), Harris (max 32.7), Reddick (9 mill), Scott (5 mill), tj (1.6 mill), and the center on the biannual, they still have non taxpayer MLE (at least according to the capulator http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=17451484825d0feeb30c311462582192)

Let's say that backup is Kyle O'Quinn and that they could get Mirotic with the MLE, then the cap looks like this: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=8344315265d0fefe71c8cd057525598

Mirotic might be too pie in the sky, so maybe Marcus Morris or Al-Faroug Aminu would be a good substitute.

That gives them 12 players and they are just barely over the tax.  I assume Shayok will be in the G leauge.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't have been worth having  another 2nd round pick or 2 at the end of the roster, but I guess I can see a little more of the vision of this roster construction as long as they bring back/in 2 max FAs.

I guess they could maybe get Harris or Scott or Butler to sign for slightly less and that would keep them under the luxury tax to start (though 9 mill may be a little optimistic for JJ).  And then they play around with the roster over the year to keep enough fresh guys and not go into the tax.  Then they are set up to re-sign Ben without ever having gone into the tax before next year and then they better pay it out the ###.

Users who are viewing this thread