Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Long Ball Larry

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - The March of Futility Begins!

25 minutes ago, modogg said:

I think my bias for Philly and against Boston is too strong, but I would switch those 2. Boston sucks. I also may slot them above Milwaukee, or at least have them closer. Toronto is the one that I would have above the other 3 (for now)

celtics are still number 3 in the whole NBA in net rating and average point differential.  Sixers are 8th.

3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

celtics are still number 3 in the whole NBA in net rating and average point differential.  Sixers are 8th.

C's also had one of the easiest schedules in the league (played 2 playoff teams in last month and a half i believe). And any stats with the Sixers i would throw out this year. Literally like 4 different teams. 1st month and a half when we tried the Fultz experiment starting him over JJ was just terrible. things corrected after that, but i think have to consider learning curve with bringing in Jimmy and this 2nd wave

37 minutes ago, modogg said:

C's also had one of the easiest schedules in the league (played 2 playoff teams in last month and a half i believe). And any stats with the Sixers i would throw out this year. Literally like 4 different teams. 1st month and a half when we tried the Fultz experiment starting him over JJ was just terrible. things corrected after that, but i think have to consider learning curve with bringing in Jimmy and this 2nd wave

interesting point.  here are espn's RPI rankings. Sixers 5th, Celtics 13th.

http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi

From The Athletic NBA power rankings:

I don’t want to overreact to such a small sample size with Tobias Harris in town since the trade, but the numbers in these small sample sizes for the Philadelphia 76ers are pretty ridiculous. In the 131 minutes Harris has spent on the court as a Sixer, the team has an offensive rating of 116.0 points per 100 possessions. That’s pretty much all-time status right there when you extrapolate it out over the course of a season. The Sixers are also a +5.6 net rating in those minutes. But take Harris out of the game, and not only do the Sixers manage to make it work, but they’ve also become more potent and deadlier.

In the 61 minutes with Harris on the bench, the Sixers have 122.7 offensive rating and a net rating of +16.7. It doesn’t mean that Philadelphia is actually better without Harris on the court, as much as it means the Sixers can really stagger their minutes a lot of different ways while churning out deadly combinations most teams can’t match. The strength of the starting lineup becomes the depth for the Sixers, since Brett Brown can stagger minutes and always keep three of those guys on the floor at any given time. It’s still very early and the Sixers have a lot to figure out, but the early returns are pretty exciting unless you’re going to play against Philadelphia.

• Like 1

man i always forget about this thread. Good team win today. Happy about how Butler has looked the last few games too. Playoff run should be fun. we can worry about all the contract stuff after the season

11 minutes ago, modogg said:

man i always forget about this thread. Good team win today. Happy about how Butler has looked the last few games too. Playoff run should be fun. we can worry about all the contract stuff after the season

Yea it's like he heard people talking about how uninterested he's been. He definitely kicked it up a notch this week.

1 minute ago, Insein said:

Yea it's like he heard people talking about how uninterested he's been. He definitely kicked it up a notch this week.

i would love for him to come out at some point and say how he has been saving himself for the playoffs. Definitely scared of signing him for multi year contract even if he has a good playoffs, but he seems to be fitting in well the more of these games they are playing

14 hours ago, modogg said:

:kicksrock: i thought so too.

We have the 3 seed all but locked up.  Just rest Embiid every 2nd game now.

33 minutes ago, Deamon said:

We have the 3 seed all but locked up.  Just rest Embiid every 2nd game now.

Probably a good idea. And rest JJ every other game opposite of Jo.

oh my god, i thought we were safe, but now it is clear that we will fall to 5 and get matched up with the Celts, lose 4-1, Embiid tears ACL, Butler leaves, Harris leaves, Ben tries shooting 6 3s per game next year making 1%, hinkie becomes GM of the Wiz and rebuilds them and finishes the job, Josh and partners sell team and make $1 billion, while the fans are left crying in the corner in the fetal position

9 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

oh my god, i thought we were safe, but now it is clear that we will fall to 5 and get matched up with the Celts, lose 4-1, Embiid tears ACL, Butler leaves, Harris leaves, Ben tries shooting 6 3s per game next year making 1%, hinkie becomes GM of the Wiz and rebuilds them and finishes the job, Josh and partners sell team and make $1 billion, while the fans are left crying in the corner in the fetal position

Fair fear.  But we likely only need to win 1 of our last 3 to lock down the 3 seed.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Fair fear.  But we likely only need to win 1 of our last 3 to lock down the 3 seed.

I don’t think that’s right.  Celts have tiebreaker on us.  We need to win 2.

19 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I don’t think that’s right.  Celts have tiebreaker on us.  We need to win 2.

They've played more games.  They'd have to go 3-0 and us 1-3.  Don't see that happening at all.  I'd way rather 4th than 3rd place anyways. Vs indi then vs Milwaukee is much better than vs det and then Toronto. 

On 4/14/2019 at 3:31 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Zaire get a little more time to see if he could slow down those guards.

and honestly Ben can eat a #### with those comments about the booing.

Ben looked lost out there.

I cannot believe how bad they looked overall.  If butler hadn't started taking over they would have lost by 20+.

the defense is absolutely dreadful. 

I don't feel great about this series

2 hours ago, need2know said:

Ben looked lost out there.

I cannot believe how bad they looked overall.  If butler hadn't started taking over they would have lost by 20+.

the defense is absolutely dreadful. 

I don't feel great about this series

I guess the only thing to take solace in is that the sixers played just about their worst game while I think the nets played close to their best.

however, without embiid, I’m not sure how much to the sixers will be able to do strategy wise in order to change that dynamic.

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I guess the only thing to take solace in is that the sixers played just about their worst game while I think the nets played close to their best.

however, without embiid, I’m not sure how much to the sixers will be able to do strategy wise in order to change that dynamic.

And we could not hit any threes.  

They look better tonight.  Look like a different  team 

Loved they way they played tonight.  Committed to finding the guys behind the arc that were on fire, playing unselfishly and moving the ball well, etc.  I'd like to see Joel sit one more game and return for game 5 to put the series away.

I agree with that. If the injury is as serious as it seems, rest is the only way it will get better. They've shown that he isn't needed to beat Brooklyn. Boban has been owning the paint against them. Get Jo healthier to go against Toronto.

1 hour ago, Insein said:

I agree with that. If the injury is as serious as it seems, rest is the only way it will get better. They've shown that he isn't needed to beat Brooklyn. Boban has been owning the paint against them. Get Jo healthier to go against Toronto.

the past 2 games really erased whatever that was that happened in game one.

i am thinking embiid could have played if he really had to.  i agree rest him this whole series if they want.

Toronto looks very beatable to me  

3 hours ago, need2know said:

the past 2 games really erased whatever that was that happened in game one.

i am thinking embiid could have played if he really had to.  i agree rest him this whole series if they want.

Toronto looks very beatable to me  

Let's see how Toronto looks tonight. They bounced back just like we did in game 2.