What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (3 Viewers)

Another final minute failure. It's good the team competes and gets to that point. I think once we get that scoring 2 guard, those situations will start to turn in our favor. He'll even when Simmons comes back, maybe he can move the ball better than these guys have been in the final seconds. 

Another final minute failure. It's good the team competes and gets to that point. I think once we get that scoring 2 guard, those situations will start to turn in our favor. He'll even when Simmons comes back, maybe he can move the ball better than these guys have been in the final seconds. 
I am hoping we see Ben on the court by the first week of February. I was stuck listening to some sports radio and was hearing people say they want to see Okafor play with Simmons before any moves. I am not sure why Simmons would be a cure all, being that he is the rookie and Okafor has a few seasons under his belt. I think the danger is Okafor's value will decrease even further where soon he won't have much of any. If they do trade Noel, I just hope that Colangelo can get some inner-Hinkie in him and not trade him for nothing. I also worry if they trade Noel, I really hope Okafor isn't in the plans long-term. the kid probably would do well to go to a different team with maybe a veteran center or somebody to help guide him a bit. Who knows, I just know it has seemed kind of obvious for awhile that Noel is a better fit for the team, and even if they have to buck up a little to keep Noel it doesn't mean they can't trade him at some point. I know 4-5 months ago everyone wanted to keep all 3 because of Embiid's injury. And yeah Joel is the man, but from what I understand the injury is still something that could occur again.

• Ben Simmons to debut after All-Star game (Feb 19th). 
  • Jrue Holiday to get serious consideration from the 76ers.  Once traded to the Pelicans from Philly -- the 26 year old could be on his way back.  Holiday is averaging 13.9 points, 3.4 rebounds and 7.1 assists with a PER of 15.3 this season.

hell of a win tonight. Hard to dispute that the Sixers haven't turned a corner. They seem to have climbed out of the bottom 1/3-1/4 of the league and are more in the middle group now. 

it's funny though, i am having some of the same feelings as some of the die-hard "process" guys. I get a little sad when they win thinking of all those ping pong balls we could be missing out on. 

On the same hand, the true mastery by Hinkie simply can not be under-stated. and i have been hearing dummies for 3 years talking against him. It is truly insane that there is a scenario this year that the 6'ers could potentially make the playoffs this year, and have the #1 and $4 picks in the lottery. That is astounding, and it gets even crazier, and Hinkie really shows through, when you consider 3-4 years earlier this franchise was absolutely screwed with no 1st round picks for a few years and having barely any cap room with a bunch of bad contracts. The turnaround really is amazing. 

I really don't understand why another team hasn't hired him. Maybe the league had blacklisted him but what would a team like Brooklyn, Sacramento or even Miami have to lose by bringing him in?

I really don't understand why another team hasn't hired him. Maybe the league had blacklisted him but what would a team like Brooklyn, Sacramento or even Miami have to lose by bringing him in?
If you believe the reports, he doesn't seem to be too well-liked around the league.  Plus it sounds like he is happy doing his own theoretical, abstract stuff right now.  Seems entirely plausible that he will do something outside of basketball next.

Sacramento has their own thing going anyway (for better or worse) and Brooklyn has their guy in Sean Marks.  Hinkie does not seem like a Pat Riley guy.

Dallas seems to me like it would be a good fit, as they are about to bottom out and Cuban is open to anything, but I doubt he would be up for guaranteed losing for years.  though in an advisory capacity, Hinkie would make sense to me there.

Long Ball Larry said:
If you believe the reports, he doesn't seem to be too well-liked around the league.  Plus it sounds like he is happy doing his own theoretical, abstract stuff right now.  Seems entirely plausible that he will do something outside of basketball next.

Sacramento has their own thing going anyway (for better or worse) and Brooklyn has their guy in Sean Marks.  Hinkie does not seem like a Pat Riley guy.

Dallas seems to me like it would be a good fit, as they are about to bottom out and Cuban is open to anything, but I doubt he would be up for guaranteed losing for years.  though in an advisory capacity, Hinkie would make sense to me there.
I doubt a team could take him on without a lot of push back.  Yes it looks good now, but what would a fanbase really think/say if they brought a guy on where they knew their next few seasons would be a disaster?  I think that's too tough a pill to swallow for a lot of owners/fan bases.

I doubt a team could take him on without a lot of push back.  Yes it looks good now, but what would a fanbase really think/say if they brought a guy on where they knew their next few seasons would be a disaster?  I think that's too tough a pill to swallow for a lot of owners/fan bases.
The sell is that these teams would either suck anyway or are going no where. Hinkie doesn't have to go scorched earth either. Hes a smart guy. The Sixers had no other options but to burn it to the ground and start over. 

The sell is that these teams would either suck anyway or are going no where. Hinkie doesn't have to go scorched earth either. Hes a smart guy. The Sixers had no other options but to burn it to the ground and start over. 
No I fully agree with what he did and how smart it was.  Just not sure teams/owners will be jumping at the opportunity to accept a few terrible years of losing and having media/other owners all publicly talking about how they're 'tanking'. 

Either way, super exciting times ahead.

No I fully agree with what he did and how smart it was.  Just not sure teams/owners will be jumping at the opportunity to accept a few terrible years of losing and having media/other owners all publicly talking about how they're 'tanking'. 

Either way, super exciting times ahead.
I get ya. But I think maybe in a year or 2 if the Sixers are competing with Lebron for the Conference title, they might change their minds.

So after incompetently managing the climate controls in their arena a few weeks ago, the Sixers made the Kings reschedule a game and add another date onto the end of a 7 game road trip. Fine, whatever - it sucks for the Kings that the Sixers subsequently started playing like the '86 Celtics, but whatever. Then, the Kings show up today and there's a power outage?  WTH is going on back there?

So after incompetently managing the climate controls in their arena a few weeks ago, the Sixers made the Kings reschedule a game and add another date onto the end of a 7 game road trip. Fine, whatever - it sucks for the Kings that the Sixers subsequently started playing like the '86 Celtics, but whatever. Then, the Kings show up today and there's a power outage?  WTH is going on back there?
We're not exactly sure ourselves. We can't even tell if Collangelo has ever been to Philly.

We are now winning and losing all the WRONG games now.  2 weeks ago I thought we had a shot at playoffs and then we started to lose.  Then I was like "ok, we're done again.  I really want a top 5 pick so losing might not be that bad... now we are winning games vs teams just above us in the standings and passing them again.   Just want the Lakers to start winning, or Sacramento to start losing, but neither of those is happening either.  Ugh.

yeah, beating the Magic was bad from a draft perspective but at least the Lakers have been doing ok.  Games vs. SAC and at PHX coming up next.

This Okafor stuff is a mess.  If he doesn't get dealt, this town will be begging for Hinkie back.

Anyway, I feel like the "resigning" of Hinkie may ruin "the Process" a bit because of the lack of vision Collangelo has. Hinkie probably had a spreadsheet with 5 different ways he could have unloaded Okafor over the last year and the estimated values he could have received at each given time.  Collangelo has no idea what he's doing it seems. Which is ironic since he was brought in to "save us" from Hinkie. 

I just hope this move doesn't cost us a championship. 

Anyway, I feel like the "resigning" of Hinkie may ruin "the Process" a bit because of the lack of vision Collangelo has. Hinkie probably had a spreadsheet with 5 different ways he could have unloaded Okafor over the last year and the estimated values he could have received at each given time.  Collangelo has no idea what he's doing it seems. Which is ironic since he was brought in to "save us" from Hinkie. 

I just hope this move doesn't cost us a championship. 
Collangelo seems lost.  Now, if he ends up moving JO for something good before the deadline then all is forgiven.  He seems like he's overestimating JO's trade value because he knows how big this move is for his reputation with these hungry fans.  He probably really really wants to hit a home run here but people aren't biting.

Only better scenario would have been Cousins to LA. Guarantees 2 top 10 picks.
Ya that would have been amazing in this guard-stacked top-heavy draft.  Been dreaming of Fultz on this team since a year ago when he was only projected as mid first round, but now that he's likely going #1, this kings pick might be our only shot. 

Now we can go back to cheering for Philly wins and Kings losses :P

Hinkie set them up so well. It really is a shame that he can't be here to see the process come to fruition. The Kings 2019 pick is absolutely huge and it looks like they could be in tank mode. I fully expect the Sixers to have 3 or 4 "all-stars" all thanks to Hinkie

Hinkie set them up so well. It really is a shame that he can't be here to see the process come to fruition. The Kings 2019 pick is absolutely huge and it looks like they could be in tank mode. I fully expect the Sixers to have 3 or 4 "all-stars" all thanks to Hinkie
i had a horrible thought the other day. I don't think Hinkie comes back to the NBA, but if he does i could see a team like Dallas pick him up. 2 months after that, I see Hinkie absolutely robbing Colangelo blind and the whole set-up is stunted cause Colangelo couldn't get the Sixers to the next step. 

Apparently Aldridge came out tonight and said Jah would definitely be moved by Thursday. This whole week up to the trade deadline is almost as silly as the NFL draft lead up. I would love to see them shop Ilyasova too, but i don't think Colangelo does that. With Dario playing better i'd like to see him start for the team for the last month and a half to see him play some more. 

i had a horrible thought the other day. I don't think Hinkie comes back to the NBA, but if he does i could see a team like Dallas pick him up. 2 months after that, I see Hinkie absolutely robbing Colangelo blind and the whole set-up is stunted cause Colangelo couldn't get the Sixers to the next step. 
That is a horrible thought.  I wish that there were an unlike button.  I agree that Dallas would be a sensible landing spot.

Insein said:
Yea I have no idea what the philosophy is here except get rid of Noel. 
Terrible return.  Really hope Collangelo doesn't screw this whole thing up but I'm starting to get worried.  Noel worth way more than that but maybe no one would pay more.

Hearing he was going to command about 20 mil on the open market and no chance we sign him to that much when we have Embiid too.  I guess I don't HATE the trade when I look at it like he was a goner anyways,... at least that's what I'm telling myself.

The quest for a Fultz is now on.

In thinking about the Noel deal more, I guess we really have to assume that Colangelo decided that there was no way he wanted Noel back at any price.  That is the only way that it makes sense to accept that return, which is virtually nothing.  If he didn't want him back, I assume that they have some problem with him and his work ethic, because I think that it is possible that he could be had for like 4/60.  Even as a backup/insurance for Embiid, that would probably be worth it.

Unless they have decided that they will definitely be signing Covington, though they don't have to decide that until after next year anyway (or just lock him up at a bit of a discount after this season).

If I understand Saric's contact right, he is under control on the cheap through 20-21.

Simmons under control until 19-20.

Embiid will make ~$25 per year starting in 18-19.

So in 17-18 you have 14.5 on the books for the core, in 18-19, you have 34 and in 19-20 you have 39.5.

So if you could Noel for 15 and say Covington for 12, you still have just 66.5 on the books for the core through 19-20, then Noel would be done in 20-21 anyway when you (hopefully) have to re-sign Simmons and at worst you just flip Noel for whatever you have to at that point.

Seriously, they must really hate Nerlens or they have their eye on some other grand plan this offseason.

See you in October Jo Jo.

So is the injury real bad or is this just a convenient excuse to not risk Embiid playing and getting hurt in essentially meaningless games. I tend to think the latter.

See you in October Jo Jo.

So is the injury real bad or is this just a convenient excuse to not risk Embiid playing and getting hurt in essentially meaningless games. I tend to think the latter.
I think and hope the latter.  Maybe BC is on board with 'the process' and really wants one of those top guards who will go top 5. 

Users who are viewing this thread