What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Mike Gillislee thread? Mike Gilleslee thread (1 Viewer)

Dont watch cfb but i look at tape of all potential fantasy players before each draft & he was my sleeper a couple of years ago cause he has top vision and an automatic trans kinda style. I was frustrated that the Fins couldnt see their way clear to giving him a shot over any of the 3 bums they had in their backfield and a change to Buffalo looked like a good shot but then Fat Karlos looked world-class right off the bat. This season as #2 to a great #1 this yr he's done the little and big stuff and looked every bit the pro in each play i've seen him. It's his time - enjoy it as much as he will.

His nickname is Glee or Gilly. I prefer Glee. He's a jag+ with a potential monster workload. 

His nickname is Glee or Gilly. I prefer Glee. He's a jag+ with a potential monster workload.
I personally prefer Khaleesi but it's syllable laden and defeats the purpose.

I've put together a video of all of his touches up to this point. I like what I see and stand by my evaluation. He can't hold a candle to McCoy's lateral agility, balance and vision (most can't) but is a solid downhill runner with open field speed and good hands. Assuming he's given enough touches he'll produce.

Starting him over Jamaal. Was a little more difficult of a decision, but then JC had swelling or something recently.

I guess we now know why there wasn't a Mike Gillislee thread considering 3/4 of this thread is bad puns.

If he plays well will there be a Gillislee Island?

La Canfora just Tweeted that Shady is expected to play tomorrow. This sure puts a big-time dent in the Gillislee Express. Could still work out, of course, but he comes with a lot more risk now. 

So the big question is this:

* For all of you who picked up Mike G., if McCoy is active, are you starting Mike G?

I may have no choice.

* For all of you who picked up Mike G., if McCoy is active, are you starting Mike G?

I may have no choice.
Gillislee is my Riddick replacement so if Shady plays I may have to suck it up and play Gillslee or head to the WW wire and throw a dart and I'm not crazy about that option. Best RB out there in my league is Booker. I kinda like him this week but I don't think he has a ton of upside even if he gets a few more touches than usual Monday night. 

Thanks Rex.  

I may have no choice.
My only other option is Jennings, and seeing as he plays at 930am, probably will end up trotting Gill out there either way.

My only other option is Jennings, and seeing as he plays at 930am, probably will end up trotting Gill out there either way.
Jennings is one of my options as well. Due to the early start he's out for me.

It's either Gillislee, Booker, L. Murray, or D. Washington (DET).

And I wonder if a Gillislee who is sharing snaps with a gimpy McCoy is any worse than say, a D. Washington who is sharing with Zenner/Forsett or a Booker sharing with CJA.

Jennings is one of my options as well. Due to the early start he's out for me.

It's either Gillislee, Booker, L. Murray, or D. Washington (DET).

And I wonder if a Gillislee who is sharing snaps with a gimpy McCoy is any worse than say, a D. Washington who is sharing with Zenner/Forsett or a Booker sharing with CJA.
I think the question might come down to TD upside. With the options you have in Detroit the Lions likely would go to Zenner in close GL situations although they have given Riddick some shots so maybe that's not a lock. In Denver, CJA probably has the upperhand for GL looks there. In Buffalo, who knows how it could shake out. Would the Bills give Shady the GL looks? That's the big question. If Shady started but Gillislee was the GL back that alone would be enough to give him starter's value in all fantasy leagues tomorrow given the matchup. Of course Gillislee busted the long TD run last week but nobody should be starting him and hoping that'll happen again.   

I think the question might come down to TD upside. With the options you have in Detroit the Lions likely would go to Zenner in close GL situations although they have given Riddick some shots so maybe that's not a lock. In Denver, CJA probably has the upperhand for GL looks there. In Buffalo, who knows how it could shake out. Would the Bills give Shady the GL looks? That's the big question. If Shady started but Gillislee was the GL back that alone would be enough to give him starter's value in all fantasy leagues tomorrow given the matchup. Of course Gillislee busted the long TD run last week but nobody should be starting him and hoping that'll happen again.   
That's what I'm thinking - even if Shady plays I'm hoping Gill takes GL carries.

I have Det DWash too but unless I see or hear anything that indicates he'll get majority carries tomorrow, I'm more than likely sitting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the report that Shady's playing limited snaps I'm currently leaning toward playing Gillislee. I still may look elsewhere depending on what else we hear this morning but if Shady is limited that could mean a 50-50 split is in place, perhaps GL looks for Gillislee and even better late-game touches if Buffalo is playing from the front. He still comes with major risk but if Shady gets off to a great start or he's healthier than we're being told. But right now that's the way I'm leaning.

This is still a gigantic cluster so I may still avoid it. Good thing is there's about 6 hours left to decide.

Oh and I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Rex more than I already did but yeah I do now.   

I really like how Gills runs--and I like the commitment from Buffalo the running game.   I think he makes for a fine lower end RB2/flex play today.   Without formatting this as an assistant coach question---does anybody have thoughts on Mike Davis and his game?  I can start him or Gills in my flex spot--and I frankly have not seen him play--I've just rostered him as a handcuff to Hyde.   I'm not looking for "who should I start"--but more for comparing the floors and ceilings of both guys today so that I can make the decision for myself.  

Got him out of all my lineups. Way too much risk.
Right now I'm leaning toward going with Zenner. At least I know for sure he's locked into volume in a plus matchup if Washington's out. 

This sucks. 

I'm looking and waiting for up to minute report.  I really like Gilleslee if Shady sits.

ESPN just showed video of McCoy doing drills. He looked good to me. Gillislee is out of my lineup.
Yeah I'm bailing on him too. Watch Shady blow out his hammy on his first carry and Gillislee go all Jay Ajayi on the Dolphins today on my bench. 

Just curious to hear if anyone is starting him this week (8)?  Who are you starting him over?
I'm deciding between him and Fiedorowicz at flex.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about the matchup vs NE and the limited practices this week (foot). Plus my gut tells me me Bush is going to get some run

I'm deciding between him and Fiedorowicz at flex.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about the matchup vs NE and the limited practices this week (foot). Plus my gut tells me me Bush is going to get some run
I agree.  I have other options to roll with (Crowell, Kelley) in my PPR.  I have the same concerns, especially with a potential bum foot!

Users who are viewing this thread