What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hilton for Ingram (1 Viewer)

yankeerebel

Footballguy
This is a 12 team 25 man roster (6 keepers) IDP league. We start 2 RB and 3 WR/TE.

At RB I have Freeman, Murray, Bernard, Powell, Asiata, DeAndre Washington, Knile Davis and Kenneth Dixon. 

At WR/TE I have Antonio Brown, Hilton Marshall, Maclin and Travis Benjamin. 

He has D Johnson, Gordon, Ingram, Howard, Henry, Hightower.

J Jones, M Jones, Fitz, R Matthews, Royal and Witten. 

We agreed on Hilton for Ingram but I just can't pull the trigger. We're both 4-2, he's got the highest PF and I have the 3rd PF. Gordon, Ingram and Howard all have their issues with either lack of carries or goal line vultures. Am I crazy for thinking I'm better off keeping Hilton and playing my RB's with the best matchups like I've been doing? Especially with Roethlisberger hurt. 

Thanks in advance. 

TD 6, 1/10 rush and rec, 1/2 PPR, 3 point bonus for 100+ rush and rec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Murray Latavius or Demarco?  My only problem with this whole scenario is the statement that "We agreed on Hilton for Ingram".........If that is true then you must follow the deal through.  Don't back out on a deal you agreed to because you are having second thoughts.  That is a good way to ruin a trade partner for the future. 

As for the trade itself, Ingram has been fine and is getting the touches.  He just isn't being utilized down on the goal line so his TD's are suffering a bit.  If you have Latavius then I think this trade makes a little more sense although you are taking quite a hit at the WR spot downgrading from Hilton to Maclin and losing any depth you may have had.  If you have Demarco then there is no way I would want to make this trade.

However, if you already agreed to the deal then you should honor it.

Ah yea, I assumed the Murray was Demarco... ?

(Also agreed with Gally... if you actually said yes to a deal, you shouldn't back out! but if you were just "Shooting around idea's" that's a bit diff...)

Agree with KillerBrees.....an accepted deal to me is final and don't back out.

That said, you're getting the short end of the stick.  Hilton is a top 10 WR, where Ingram is just maddening to own......sometimes he gets 20+ touches, other times he disappears.  The NO offense will always run through Brees.

Thanks for the help guys. Murray is Latavius unfortunately.  I already thought this wasn't really a good deal for me and you have convinced me. 

Me and this guy have been playing fantasy football together for 20 years. We didn't make a deal. This was all conversation. He's been trying to convince me to trade Hilton to him for three weeks.

Thanks again, guys. 

Keep Hilton.  Ingram might not even start behind Freeman and Murray.  It seems like after the first two of your WRs the remaining ones all have downside issues -- Marshall now has Geno passing the ball to him, Maclin has KC going run heavy with Charles returning, and Benjamin has just been boom/bust with 4 of 6 games under 10 fantasy points. 

I'm on the other side of that trade. I've been offered Hilton for Ingram PPR. I need wr help and Ingram currently doesn't start.

I guess I'm currently valuing Rb depth and avoiding the week 14 vs Min playoff matchup.

But it feels very tough to pass up.

I'm on the other side of that trade. I've been offered Hilton for Ingram PPR. I need wr help and Ingram currently doesn't start.

I guess I'm currently valuing Rb depth and avoiding the week 14 vs Min playoff matchup.

But it feels very tough to pass up.
If you need help at WR and aren't even starting Ingram, I think I'd have to take that trade. 

If you need help at WR and aren't even starting Ingram, I think I'd have to take that trade. 
I know right.

Three factors I'm struggling with:

1. Trading Ingram will leave me w no RB depth. And with C. Michael as my RB2 there is some level of risk of a RBBC with Rawls

2. The FBG top 200 has Ingram ranked at like 11 and TY at 27 I believe.

3. I have Moncrief and project him as a starting WR. I mean would I really start TY and Moncreif together?

would you make the trade?

I know right.

Three factors I'm struggling with:

1. Trading Ingram will leave me w no RB depth. And with C. Michael as my RB2 there is some level of risk of a RBBC with Rawls

2. The FBG top 200 has Ingram ranked at like 11 and TY at 27 I believe.

3. I have Moncrief and project him as a starting WR. I mean would I really start TY and Moncreif together?

would you make the trade?
I would without knowing your whole roster. If your RB depth is that bad and it's going to weaken your team, I wouldn't. 

Users who are viewing this thread