What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jaguars @ Titans (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
:excited:

These Thursday night games are superb, can't figure out why NFL ratings are down.

This game is going to be huge!!! Figured we'd get the discussion going early for this epic matchup.

Bortles/Mariota

Yeldon/Murray

Thomas/Walker

Discuss!

Meh, it might not be as bad as you think.

Several sub-plots

- Jags try to avoid losing to former coaches twice in the span of 5 days.

- Gus and the coordinators fighting for jobs.

- Growing dissension in locker room.

- Bortles and ARob reaching for mediocrity at least.

Given the low bar of previous Thursday night games, this might not be so bad.  Bold Prediction: Bortles passes for more yards than Osweiler did last night on MNF.

The only way I watch is if it is a lose and be fired game. Both coaches would have to agree in writing that they quit their job if they lose. That would be moderately interesting.

Although possible, Mularkey isn't likely to lose his job this quick. 
Yes to soon, can't recall a coach getting canned that early and would have to think if it happened it was due to personal conflict or team drastically under-performing expectations.

Now Bradley on the other hand is seriously what makes this game somewhat interesting past fantasy football. I do think he's coaching for his job this Thursday. I actually thought they might fire him after this weekend and then saw they had a Thursday night game. Figured in terms of timing to much to make a change on a short week versus giving new coach 10 days.  But I think that home trouncing they took by Raiders was straw. Another miserable showing like they played last week and I'd be fairly stunned if Bradley is not let go and still at least a little surprised  if they lose but play well and he is retained.

:excited:

These Thursday night games are superb, can't figure out why NFL ratings are down.

This game is going to be huge!!! Figured we'd get the discussion going early for this epic matchup.

Bortles/Mariota

Yeldon/Murray

Thomas/Walker

Discuss!
Pretty sure Color Rush will take up most of the pregame talk. Jax going all Bold Gold again? So much yaassss amirite?

Pretty obvious what the NFL's strategy has been. Put crappy games on at nonconventional times like Thursday night or early Sunday morning in London. They must have thought they were so big that people would watch the games no matter who was playing. 

Instead the crappy games at the odd times have seemed to oversaturate the market and people are finding other things to do. I can say that I used to be a huge NFL fan and would watch both flights of Sunday's games plus MNF. Now? I'll watch the Packers any time. I'll watch the Broncos if it's convenient. I won't set aside any time for the NFL for any other games. I'd rather do chores during those times and save my time for college games on Saturday (and screw those Thursday, Friday, etc college games too btw)

The NFL simply isn't as good a product to watch any more.  The game has tailored rules badly to emphasize passing and protect the QB, and there just aren't a lot of QBs so good that you just have to make time to watch a duel between 2 of them regardless of who they play for.  Penalties seem almost arbitrary now also.  Then you have to have half the plays run with a ref huddle or some kind of review afterwards.  Throw an additional 20 to 30 minutes worth of commercials in each game and you can see why people are so turned off  

I may be way off base, but I'm pretty confident that if I feel that way about a game I used to love, a whole lot of other people feel this way too.

Titans are 2-10 at home the last two seasons.

The wins were against the Browns Week 6 and Jax last season.

Gotta figure this one is almost a mortal lock, right?

I'll be starting the TEN DST with confidence.

I'll be sitting Bortles with confidence.

Laugh all you want but I'm excited to see my team on prime time in a very winnable game.  

Go Titans! 

The excitement is killing me. What color pj's will they be wearing for this?
For 2016, the Tennessee Titans go with all bright blue -- a slightly less powder blue shade than last year's Color Rush -- with dark blue trim on the shoulders. 

The Jacksonville Jaguars will head to Broadway on Oct. 27 dressed in bold uniforms.

It might not be Broadway in New York City, but the bright mustard yellow pants will look great on Broadway in Nashville against the Tennessee Titans.

Officially the Jax uni is bold gold. Not sure about the powder blue boys.

Meh, it might not be as bad as you think.

Several sub-plots

- Jags try to avoid losing to former coaches twice in the span of 5 days.

- Gus and the coordinators fighting for jobs.

- Growing dissension in locker room.

- Bortles and ARob reaching for mediocrity at least.

Given the low bar of previous Thursday night games, this might not be so bad.  Bold Prediction: Bortles passes for more yards than Osweiler did last night on MNF.
This is a good list if i were interested in tabloid type stuff. However, I just want to watch quality football and i doubt we see that on Thursday.

Titans are 2-10 at home the last two seasons.

The wins were against the Browns Week 6 and Jax last season.

Gotta figure this one is almost a mortal lock, right?

I'll be starting the TEN DST with confidence.

I'll be sitting Bortles with confidence.
I'm playing the TN D as well.

Just read that Bortles in two games against TN D last year lit them up for 5 or 6 TD passes.

Could history repeat itself?

Would be shocking. Especially on a Thursday night game but stranger things have taken place.

I'm playing the TN D as well.

Just read that Bortles in two games against TN D last year lit them up for 5 or 6 TD passes.

Could history repeat itself?

Would be shocking. Especially on a Thursday night game but stranger things have taken place.
Bortles went for 322 and 5 TDs in A 39-42 loss in TEN last year.

The game in Jax last year was also a TNF - which you guys already know, because who could ever forget where they were the night Bold Gold debuted - and it was 19-13. BB went 242 with 1-1. But 2015 was a long time ago.

game will probably suck and I doubt I'll tune in, but the Jags might be wearing those gold unis which should be their every-week unis. those things are rad. too bad they will be wasted on a preseason outing that is known as tnf.

game will probably suck and I doubt I'll tune in, but the Jags might be wearing those gold unis which should be their every-week unis. those things are rad. too bad they will be wasted on a preseason outing that is known as tnf.
A lot of gold out there.

The thread from the MNF game 3 days ago is pinned, this one might fall off the first page soon.  I'm doing some chores and have the Jets-Stars game on tv, let me know how the TNF game works out and a quick recap if anything fantasy relevant happens.

Thanks guys.

Tuned in just in time to see the pitch backwards play (e.g. "Fumble waiting to happen")

i cannot properly describe how much I hate that play any time I see it. Sooooo many chances for disaster.  We almost saw one of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread