What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you listen to music at home? (1 Viewer)

Thorn

Footballguy
I feel like I am way behind the curve here.  Eons ago I uploaded all of my CDs to itunes, which was labor intensive and I don't want to do it again.  Then gmusic came along and I moved my library there.  It works pretty well but I find that I don't add much new music, and I got sick of firing up my desktop just to listen to music.

Does everybody stream and bluetooth now?  What app and speaker are you using? Halp.

Various:

Stream on my PC (pandora and other online radio stations)

Play mp3s on my PC via Winamp

Listen to Musicchoice channels on my tv

Spotify on phone that connects via Bluetooth to small Sony receiver in the kitchen. Works great. 

Spotify via cell phone with either headphones or cheap speaker.

But, I rarely list to music as even though I love music but my family does not enjoy the same music I do. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotify, Amazon Music, or Google Play through bluetooth speaker in my home office, Echo in the kitchen, and Echo dot in the bedroom.

Synced my itunes to Google Play so that updates whenever I add something. 

If I'm playing along, I have a finished attic where I have a PA / guitars / amps / drums. I'll direct line into the PA

if I'm outside or basement phone / iTunes though jambox

if I'm working / at computer I like earbuds.

Spotify and Google Play through laptop, tablet, phone, work computer. I also went through the process of ripping/uploading my cds. I buy my new music through iTunes and upload the files to Google Play.  Earbuds or connect to home theater system.

I did not know this was possible!
:headbang:

Takes a while for the initial download/syncing, but its worth it.

Its my off-Friday, working on some Board stuff for my local youth hockey association, checking out Marc Ford's excellent new album, "The Vulture".  Life is good.

Boombox, honest. Never gone digital. Youtube thru headphones when it's something i dont own (or am working thru Mr CIA's 25K). Have not even investigated music services since i went back online.

Can't have ambient music in the morning because i work on my own til everything i dreamt is out of my head, so i use headphones for the rest of the day in deference to my dad using 'phones for his morning sinatra/bigband sessions. Very little blastin out for this ol rock dood.

Usually, Spotify Premium on iPhone via Amazon Echo.

My wife will tell Alexa to play whatever she wants to hear, so I guess that's Amazon Music (Prime).

My kids play Spotify (free) on their iPads.

Spotify with phone and bluetooth speaker.  Downstairs when we're really cranking it up I use the spotify app on the PS4 to play through my tv/audio stereo system...can control that with the phone too, which is nice.

Spotify (90%) or Pandora (10%)

Denon Heos speakers
Bose Soundlink Mini for when not around the Heos

Spotify (90%) or Pandora (10%)

Denon Heos speakers
Bose Soundlink Mini for when not around the Heos

:goodposting: Spotify through Echo Dot to Heos which I will move around to wherever I am at. Planning on getting a couple of more Heos and Dots so I won't need to move things around.

I think I need a spotify tutorial.  I always end up listening to the same few songs on spotify.

Do you guys make a lot of playlists, or use their stations, or follow other people?

I think I need a spotify tutorial.  I always end up listening to the same few songs on spotify.

Do you guys make a lot of playlists, or use their stations, or follow other people?
Make my own pretty much.  One for school/classroom, one for home, one with crap that my wife likes.

This is why I love Pandora. Its basically a radio station. I dont want to think about it too much. "Oh what should I listen to next?" etc. Just put on my stations on shuffle and let it rip. Rarely do I have to skip a song.

Make a lot, follow a few.  You can search for playlists too.  Type in 90s hip hop and you're good to go. ;)

This is why I love Pandora. Its basically a radio station. I dont want to think about it too much. "Oh what should I listen to next?" etc. Just put on my stations on shuffle and let it rip. Rarely do I have to skip a song.
You can do this with spotify too. :shrug:

Spotify membership and Soundcloud playlist for mixtapes and stuff (basically anything that's not on spotify).  

I make playlists, use others playlists or the stations that are there. With the Echo Dot I find that I jump around to whatever song I want.

I have a lot of my own but they're really good at curating playlists based on your interests. The Discover Weekly playlist refreshes every Monday with new songs based on your listening patterns, and they just started doing doing Daily Playlists which is broken down by genre and really well done IMO. Big fan of the Spotify. :thumbup:

I love making playlists on Spotify.  It's like making a mix tape back in the 80s, but I have the entire Spotify library at my fingertips and the tape can be as big as I want.  I have a playlist for each of the genre's I listen to, plus one "greatest hits" playlist that has my favorite's across genres.

I use it mostly to listen to new releases before I buy.  Been listening to a new album that just came out today.  Its great for when someone mentions a band you've never heard of.  Look them up, sample it and decide if you want to buy.

Spotify premium. I'll use my computer or phone depending where I am and send it to bluetooth speaker or soundbar, again, depending where I am. I also have about 2000 songs available offline on my phone so I can use Spotify in the car without using data (sent through aux input).

Spotify Premium, either thru headphones or on the TV via an AppleTV. I had an old pair of Bose speakers (Video Roommates) that worked very nicely, until after 25+ years one died. I just this weekend added a new sound bar with a subwoofer, and the music sounds great.

Apple Music or Plex on the go (commute/work).  Used to use Spotify Premium, but the lack of ability to have my music alongside the rental music when listening via the mobile app put me to Apple Music where the regular discounts on iTunes Gift cards brings the family plan to $12 a month.  I have my 540GB+ (and growing) collection of music (ripped as MP3 at 320) on Plex and mirrored to iTunes via my QNAP server.

Primarily use Sonos at home - it plays well with everything (Apple Music and Plex again as my primaries, but have had no issues in the past when I have used Spotify/Google Music/Amazon/Groove) with the added bonus of having TuneIt for radio stations.  It was very expensive to put together my collection of speakers, but having the same song throughout the house at tolerable levels for all rooms is worth it as we now listen to far more music in the house on a daily basis.

Used to use Spotify Premium, but the lack of ability to have my music alongside the rental music put me to Apple Music
What does this mean?
With Spotify, you can link your music (for instance thru an iTunes library) so that you can create playlists with both your music and theirs. The only issue is you can't share the music that is yours with others. They will show up in the playlist, but your friend will be unable to play them.

I have not had a problem with this. I have been having other issues with my music (media drive crashed, now trying to bring everything back together.)

With Spotify, you can link your music (for instance thru an iTunes library) so that you can create playlists with both your music and theirs. The only issue is you can't share the music that is yours with others. They will show up in the playlist, but your friend will be unable to play them.

I have not had a problem with this. I have been having other issues with my music (media drive crashed, now trying to bring everything back together.)
Apologies that my original post was not clear (now edited).  My issue was that with Spotify Premium (when I last used back in 2014) was that your own music could sit on a playlist alongside the rental music, but when you listened via mobile app, your own music did not appear in the playlist.  That, plus different artists disappearing at random points, first led me to Google Music (where the above problems were not an issue) then Apple Music (because Google Music originally did not have the family plan).

Spotify Premium from PCs and iDevices to a Big Jambox, Amazon Echo, Sennheiser Momentum over-ears and a fun collection of Chinese IEMs.

Apologies that my original post was not clear (now edited).  My issue was that with Spotify Premium (when I last used back in 2014) was that your own music could sit on a playlist alongside the rental music, but when you listened via mobile app, your own music did not appear in the playlist.  That, plus different artists disappearing at random points, first led me to Google Music (where the above problem was not an issue) then Apple Music (because Google Music originally did not have the family plan).
What you need to do in that case is download the playlist to your mobile app, when you are on the same WiFi as the computer. It can be done.

I stream Pandora, Amazon Prime, internet radio and podcasts through my receiver or Blu-ray player. I have an outside zone and three inside. 

Wait, so I can listen t my iTunes library through Spotify?  There are a number of songs I have on iTunes that I can't get in Spotify, but I'll never listen to my iPod again.  If I could get them into Spotify and listen via mobile app I would be one happy camper.

Why would you still need to use iTunes if you have Spotify premium?

Users who are viewing this thread