What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Series Tix (1 Viewer)

TheWalkmen

Footballguy
Anyone have a view on whether ticket prices on stubhub will go up or down from here? Looking to get a seat in Wrigley, if they make it, for under 3 racks including fees. Preferably <2.5 racks.

I would think will go up.

Crazy to think I paid something like $650 for a ticket to game six for the royals two years ago to the world series. And that is a lot of money for a guy like me.

Those Cubs tickets will be nuts if they make the World Series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze, the cheapest tickets I saw for the first couple games in Cleveland were $700.  Standing room only.  Anything with a seat looks like a grand.  I would imagine prices would be a lot higher in Chicago or LA.

And kinda weird that game 1 of the WS here in Cleveland is the same night as the Cavs first game and ring ceremony. 

I have to think those Chicago Tickets will skyrocket if the Cubs advance.  Only 3 games at home and Chicago has enough rich folks and rabid fans to drive those tickets way up. 

I think tickets for games 3-5 are already at the top.  They won't go down at all unless LA gets in but right now they're priced as if the Cubs are in.

There's a lottery for face value tickets. We're at a point where even die hard fans have a choice to make. Being able to turn tickets that you buy for a few hundred bucks into a few thousand is a decision.

Single seat might be easier to come by. Someone might be selling a set of 3, and someone buys a pair. Then he might just be looking to get rid of the single.

Geeze, the cheapest tickets I saw for the first couple games in Cleveland were $700.  Standing room only.  Anything with a seat looks like a grand.  I would imagine prices would be a lot higher in Chicago or LA.

And kinda weird that game 1 of the WS here in Cleveland is the same night as the Cavs first game and ring ceremony. 
Thought I read that the Cavs were going to move the ring ceremony for game 1 of the WS.  Either way it is going to be a great night in Cleveland! 

There's a lottery for face value tickets. We're at a point where even die hard fans have a choice to make. Being able to turn tickets that you buy for a few hundred bucks into a few thousand is a decision.
If the $ can be put to good use. Sell seat for a few k.

Scalp ticket in 2nd inning for a few hundred or but STO ticket to get inside for experience or just go to local bar near the stadium.

They'll come down. I got two in lower part of the upper deck right behind home plate last year in NY for $2113 total. If they were the Yankees instead of the Mets, prob would've been a 30-50% premium to that. I don't see them being much higher than they were here.

You need to be a hawk on every ticket reseller site there is and need someone who guarantees authenticity. 

About a week out from the game I went to, I started eyeing tickets, the crappiest seats were > $1250-$1500. I started keeping tabs and checking semi-hourly for the trends. About two days before the game I started checking every 30 minutes or so. As the prices started sliding, I started watching certain sections that had multiple sets of tickets in similar price ranges, as I knew the competition between the sellers could offer me the best chance to get a half decent price. 

I got mine about 8 hours before the game. Followed along up until almost 6pm that night, think I did as good as I could've.

Good luck.

Prices at a peak for the next 24 hours.

A smart seller puts in a price 5-10% below the lowest in their section right now... Let the euphoria dry up for a bit and idiots racing to get in get their tickets. 

Yeah, holding off, waiting for the drop. The 10/29 game had just over 2,400 tickets for sale this morning, now there's just under 2,400. 

Interested on where prices have gone in Cleveland now.  gotta imagine the makeable drive from Chicago is bumping game one prices up as well.

-QG

Cheapest seat for game 3 - not standing, a seat, $3500 on seat geek.  For game 1 about $1500.

To get in cheapest is $2500 and $1100 respectively.

Good Luck Buyers

-QG

Lady i work with has season tickets for the Indians.  Middle of the road seats.  They cost her 80 bucks a piece face value for games 1 and 2.  She already has an offer for $1500 for each.  The same section is listed for around 2 grand on stubhub.  

The interesting this is for someone like that lady you work with is that they may think "I'd never pay $1500 for a World Series ticket".  But if they pass up an offer for $1500 that is essentially saying that she would 

-QG

The interesting this is for someone like that lady you work with is that they may think "I'd never pay $1500 for a World Series ticket".  But if they pass up an offer for $1500 that is essentially saying that she would 

-QG
For the most part yes.  Depends on your financial situation also.  Sometimes being 1500 in the red is more of a negative than being 1500 in the green is a positve.  

Semantics, I know.

I would not pay 1500 for a ticket right now but if someone gave me that same ticket for free i would rather go than sell it. At least that is how i feel right now.  That could chang if somekne flashed a wad of cash.

Ive bought a lot of tickets on stubhub, and Ive sold a few. I've never seen them cost more as the game gets closer.  They always cost the most right away.  Id wait and buy in the morning of the day of the game you want to go to.  

An smart thing some of my friends here in Chicago are doing who have tickets is selling squares for their tickets and selling them for $100 a square.  The did it during NLCS and sold them for $50 a square, essentially selling a pair of tickets for $5000.  They made out rather nicely.  

The interesting this is for someone like that lady you work with is that they may think "I'd never pay $1500 for a World Series ticket".  But if they pass up an offer for $1500 that is essentially saying that she would.

-QG
Different than someone who actually pays that amount. A season ticket holder that has been waiting for this doesn't care about making a few racks. You want the experience.

I went to every Twins home game in the 1991 playoffs including the greatest game 7 in history with Morris going 10 innings. Game 6 Puckett HR. We'll see you tomorrow night! You don't trade that for money imo. 

Different than someone who actually pays that amount. A season ticket holder that has been waiting for this doesn't care about making a few racks. You want the experience.

I went to every Twins home game in the 1991 playoffs including the greatest game 7 in history with Morris going 10 innings. Game 6 Puckett HR. We'll see you tomorrow night! You don't trade that for money imo. 
As someone who has witnessed my Devils win 2 Stanley Cups in person amd who has been to all 14 SCF home games they have played in (holding season tickets) I agree - but ultimately I still sacrificed the opportunity to make a bunch of money to go to those games.  Funny how our minds work :)

-QG

They'll come down. I got two in lower part of the upper deck right behind home plate last year in NY for $2113 total. If they were the Yankees instead of the Mets, prob would've been a 30-50% premium to that. I don't see them being much higher than they were here.
I think they'll stay significantly higher than Queens last year. This euphoria is unprecedented. Even if it wears off a little, it's still a frenzy.

You need to be a hawk on every ticket reseller site there is and need someone who guarantees authenticity. 

About a week out from the game I went to, I started eyeing tickets, the crappiest seats were > $1250-$1500. I started keeping tabs and checking semi-hourly for the trends. About two days before the game I started checking every 30 minutes or so. As the prices started sliding, I started watching certain sections that had multiple sets of tickets in similar price ranges, as I knew the competition between the sellers could offer me the best chance to get a half decent price. 

I got mine about 8 hours before the game. Followed along up until almost 6pm that night, think I did as good as I could've.

Good luck.

gump said:
I think they'll stay significantly higher than Queens last year. This euphoria is unprecedented. Even if it wears off a little, it's still a frenzy.
OP asked about Wrigley seats, you had NLCS tickets going for 25k behind the plate and 10k along the lines per the news out here. The WS tickets at Wrigley will set records for price per ticket IMO.

If the $ can be put to good use. Sell seat for a few k.

Scalp ticket in 2nd inning for a few hundred or but STO ticket to get inside for experience or just go to local bar near the stadium.
I think this is the Shark Move. Sell your seats and take something lesser. If you can profit and still get the experience, it seems like a no brainer.

Surprised tix in Cleveland are so expensive right now.  I think they'll come down but I have no inside knowledge.

Surprised tix in Cleveland are so expensive right now.  I think they'll come down but I have no inside knowledge.
Chicago under 5 hours and in the Midwest...Indians fanbase is significant...I dont think they'll come down.

This might be the biggest sporting event in 20 years. Why does anybody think tickets will come down?? They're more likely to go up.  This isn't a July game between the Braves and Rockies. 

This might be the biggest sporting event in 20 years. Why does anybody think tickets will come down?? They're more likely to go up.  This isn't a July game between the Braves and Rockies. 
According to my friend who is one of the owners of the biggest ticket broker in Chicago, tickets almost always come down as the event approaches.  There are exceptions--the last one in Chicago was probably the Pearl Jam concert last summer--but normally, there are tix available all the way up to the start of the event.

I just checked prices for game 3--the first World Series Game in Chicago since 1945--and SRO prices are $2600.  Bleachers are $3800.  Insane.  

SRO in for game 1 in Cleveland is about $1100.

I will get a better handle on prices tomorrow when I talk to my scalper friend.

I just checked prices for game 3--the first World Series Game in Chicago since 1945--and SRO prices are $2600.  Bleachers are $3800.  Insane.  

SRO in for game 1 in Cleveland is about $1100.

I will get a better handle on prices tomorrow when I talk to my scalper friend.
Stubhub has SRO at about 800

chet said:
According to my friend who is one of the owners of the biggest ticket broker in Chicago, tickets almost always come down as the event approaches.  There are exceptions--the last one in Chicago was probably the Pearl Jam concert last summer--but normally, there are tix available all the way up to the start of the event.
:headbang:

I have a friend who has Cubs season tickets who sells almost all of them on stubhub. He says they always go down towards the event. I would assume this would be the same. 

The number of tickets available on stub hub in Chicago keeps going up. Game 4 was at 2,400 seats available on Saturday now it's at 2,700 yet prices are higher. That makes me think people are not willing to pay current prices. 

The timing won't help either.  Being over the weekend allows people to plan a weekend in Chicago whether they go to the game or not.  I know at least 30 people going without tickets confirmed.

Weather plays a role too. Maybe not as much for this series, but I've seen cold and rainy playoff game tickets go for face value the day of. 

Users who are viewing this thread